Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Security Key

vaknyuszi's Avatar


vaknyuszi
04.17.2012 , 12:04 PM | #1
So i have just got my new phone(android), and my first thing to do was to get the Security Key app. Later i found out that i should need to ROOT my phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1282011
, now i wonder if i do this will my Security Key app stop working, because i heard that if you get a new phone you can't authenticize it with SWTOR, any response or help would be mucsh appreciated.

danpen's Avatar


danpen
04.17.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by vaknyuszi View Post
So i have just got my new phone(android), and my first thing to do was to get the Security Key app. Later i found out that i should need to ROOT my phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1282011
, now i wonder if i do this will my Security Key app stop working, because i heard that if you get a new phone you can't authenticize it with SWTOR, any response or help would be mucsh appreciated.
You can allways try emailing them ok if you have the email.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

kjfett's Avatar


kjfett
04.17.2012 , 12:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
You can allways try emailing them ok if you have the email.
he needs to call them. they won't address security key changes through email or this site.

Usa: 1-855-go-swtor (1-855-467-9867)

vaknyuszi's Avatar


vaknyuszi
04.17.2012 , 12:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
You can allways try emailing them ok if you have the email.
you mean, to email swtor? and then they remove the security keay stuff, and if it is so, can i still use the items i brought at security key vendor?

Pervcat's Avatar


Pervcat
04.17.2012 , 12:17 PM | #5
Call them up, answer your security questions and a couple other things.
The rep will remove the key from your account allowing you to install it on a new phone.

vaknyuszi's Avatar


vaknyuszi
04.17.2012 , 12:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kjfett View Post
he needs to call them. they won't address security key changes through email or this site.

Usa: 1-855-go-swtor (1-855-467-9867)
but if i not living in the usa?
i live in hungary middle-eastern europe

Pervcat's Avatar


Pervcat
04.17.2012 , 12:23 PM | #7
Last i checked you still have to call them to get it removed.
Unless the option was added to the account, which, you should be logged into since you can post, look around, can't hurt.

I can tell you 100% that 4 weeks ago there was no option in the account settings and i had to call them up.

vaknyuszi's Avatar


vaknyuszi
04.18.2012 , 06:35 AM | #8
but you guys are sure i loose my security key if i ROOT my android?