Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game crashing after loading screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game crashing after loading screen

cowmonster
04.17.2012 , 11:59 AM | #1
After i press play the game loads but then crash....its been almost a week since it started and im still unable to player...bioware please answer? tried to reboot and nothing happans..was told to run CHKDSK..nothing...all drivers are up to date...i installed the game via the discs and i was told to overwrite the files by reinstalling the game via a download link..but when i open the launcher through the website download the launcher just go into a updating stats....so both ways to install the game are ****ed up for me

Grecolizard
04.17.2012 , 12:11 PM | #2
Today I downloaded the patch and had the same issue. Pressed play and black screen and nvr went past that. Tried using the Fix tool but that wouldnt work also. Until now I have had no issues with this game or patches.

danpen
04.17.2012 , 12:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Grecolizard View Post
Today I downloaded the patch and had the same issue. Pressed play and black screen and nvr went past that. Tried using the Fix tool but that wouldnt work also. Until now I have had no issues with this game or patches.
Have you tried to delet the it and restall it to the laptop or computer or not mate.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Grecolizard
04.17.2012 , 12:22 PM | #4
No I havent.. its really not worth that much work to me to play a game. If it comes to that I will just unsub/delete and play other games that are more trouble free. Thank you though.

cowmonster
04.17.2012 , 01:06 PM | #5
Herp Derp

cowmonster
04.17.2012 , 08:15 PM | #6
Bump....bioware please pay attention?...

cowmonster
04.18.2012 , 06:46 AM | #7
Bioware are you *********** kidding me?

StimpyJD
04.18.2012 , 07:27 AM | #8
I have the same problem. The game was working great before 1.2 during the free trial weekend last weekend, and when I got the 1.2 patch e-mail I decided to buy the game, but then upon buying I can't play! My screen goes blank while the splash screen comes up (after clicking Play from the launcher), erratically the loading screen will or will not appear, and then I'll just see the desktop again. No error messages, just nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game (re-downloading took a full day ugh). I deleted my C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\SWTOR directory.

In my case, the generated C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\SWTOR directory contains a .\CrashDump\swtor directory with a CRASH.dmp file and CRASH.json file. Opening CRASH.dmp with Visual Studio reveals that there was an access violation. Since I cannot attach the file I have put it online here: http://bit.ly/HQjMTk

I am going to create my own thread but since we're having the same problem I wanted to attach mine to this.