Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do not Nerf Denova!! Fix the Base Stats!!!

alifaraaz
04.17.2012 , 04:27 PM | #21
Okay so I didn't know Kephess dropped Black Hole gear, so that's my bad. However, obviously to get to Kephess you do need to kill the 3 other bosses, which drop Rakata. So you're essentially gearing up as you reach the final boss. And naturally - it's only 1 boss dropping it, which wouldn't be enough to realistically gear up an entire raid in Black Hole gear.

I just did 16m EC with a somewhat casual guild (My prev guild disbanded - yay ). We got the first boss down after a good few tries, and wiped heavily on the second. However we're getting used to the mechanics and every attempt is getting closer and closer.

The team was in mixed Rakata and Columi, and it was totally fine. Honestly, you don't need to gear up in Rakata to do a raid that PRIMARILY rewards Rakata (with as you said, a bit of BH gear from last boss).

I wouldn't call it skipping a gear-tier, since otherwise the same could be said for Lost Island, which rewards primarily Columi with 1 Rakata piece from last boss.

Infact I think the general idea of last boss dropping something a little better than the rest to be pretty good - to bridge the gear progression between difficulties.

Tbh more than anything - this place doesn't need nerf, they just need to fix the visual issues with the second boss :P

Baconmonster
04.17.2012 , 04:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Okay so I didn't know Kephess dropped Black Hole gear, so that's my bad. However, obviously to get to Kephess you do need to kill the 3 other bosses, which drop Rakata. So you're essentially gearing up as you reach the final boss. And naturally - it's only 1 boss dropping it, which wouldn't be enough to realistically gear up an entire raid in Black Hole gear.

I just did 16m EC with a somewhat casual guild (My prev guild disbanded - yay ). We got the first boss down after a good few tries, and wiped heavily on the second. However we're getting used to the mechanics and every attempt is getting closer and closer.

The team was in mixed Rakata and Columi, and it was totally fine. Honestly, you don't need to gear up in Rakata to do a raid that PRIMARILY rewards Rakata (with as you said, a bit of BH gear from last boss).

I wouldn't call it skipping a gear-tier, since otherwise the same could be said for Lost Island, which rewards primarily Columi with 1 Rakata piece from last boss.

Infact I think the general idea of last boss dropping something a little better than the rest to be pretty good - to bridge the gear progression between difficulties.

Tbh more than anything - this place doesn't need nerf, they just need to fix the visual issues with the second boss :P
Not sure who said that story mode drops Black Hole gear. I've yet to see proof of a single Black Hole gear drop from Story mode. It drops black hole commendations, but only rakata gear.

alifaraaz
04.17.2012 , 05:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Baconmonster View Post
Not sure who said that story mode drops Black Hole gear. I've yet to see proof of a single Black Hole gear drop from Story mode. It drops black hole commendations, but only rakata gear.
*Points at RealCandyMan on previous page* Maybe he lied...and if so shame on him, and I take my apology back :P

Exohydra
04.17.2012 , 05:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
Normal mode EC drops black hole comms. You shouldn't be able to get black hole comms if your entire group is nothing but columi and no Rakata. The tuning is fine.
Do we need rakata to get the black hole comms from the weekly on Corellia too?

Niil
04.17.2012 , 07:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
*Points at RealCandyMan on previous page* Maybe he lied...and if so shame on him, and I take my apology back :P
"Black Hole gear, unlike Campaign items, is acquired from trading in Black Hole Commendations found through weekly quests in the new Corellia area as well as the weekly quest for the Rise of the Rakghoul flashpoints (Kaon/Lost Island). It also drops on bosses in Operation: Explosive Conflict on all difficulties."

Quote from Georg Zoeller regarding 1.2 gear progression. It was in the giant post he made about how gearing is done for both pve and pvp. If people have the wrong impression about gear for 1.2, it's because the developers told us differently. But then again, they also said that story mode of EC was supposed to be the next tier of progression for people who currently farm story mode of EV and KP. I presume he meant to say that the commendations drop on all difficulties, but that's not how it reads to me.

bruced
04.18.2012 , 02:56 AM | #26
the last boss in EC SM drops blackhole items nuff said, stop qqing

KBSIP
04.18.2012 , 03:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bruced View Post
the last boss in EC SM drops blackhole items nuff said, stop qqing
one piece of T2 EQUIVALENT legs does not an op tier make.

bruced
04.18.2012 , 03:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KBSIP View Post
one piece of T2 EQUIVALENT legs does not an op tier make.
L2p and you can clear it in the level it is designed for

KBSIP
04.18.2012 , 03:45 AM | #29
L2read, I hear hooked on phonics can teach you the mechanics. for comprehension I'm afraid you're just SOL.

Carlsbergh
04.18.2012 , 06:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Playingforfun View Post
Denova Story is fine. As is Lost Island. Nightmare Pilgrim is fine. People are just shell shocked at their first encounter (in this game) of actual well designed content. Everything before this wave of content has been stupidly easy with few exceptions. Take the challenge of current content as what things should have been from the beginning and step up your game. It is no longer acceptable to play with a blindfold on.
This.
SWTOR 1.2 - The Manifesto of Incompetence.

Ari'ah - <Rebirth> - War Hero Sage - Bloodworthy PvP-EU