Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I make money with Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How do I make money with Cybertech?

Majestic_Jazz
12.17.2011 , 09:13 AM | #1
Once I craft these mods/armoring how can I make a profit with them? Should I sell them on the GTN or should I just sell them to NPC vendors?

If I sale them on the GTN, how should I price them? Should I just go with the default price or should I raise the price a bit or lower the price a bit? Furthermore, which GTN should I sell them on because I hear that there are 3 types of GTNs, one on Coruscant, one on Nar Shaddar(sp?) That both Empire/Republic an buy on and one on your Capital Ship.

Thanks

Majestic_Jazz
12.17.2011 , 09:48 AM | #2
Nobody know ha?

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.17.2011 , 09:54 AM | #3
Well I think if you research the item in the GTN to find out how much it is being sold for then you can price it accordingly. If you want to make a profit then sell it for more than it cost you to get the items to craft what you are selling.
Master Jedi
"Q: Which side of an Ewok has the most fur? A: The outside!" - Jacen Solo

Majestic_Jazz
12.17.2011 , 10:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandAdmrlThrawn View Post
Well I think if you research the item in the GTN to find out how much it is being sold for then you can price it accordingly. If you want to make a profit then sell it for more than it cost you to get the items to craft what you are selling.
But most of the items I get to craft comes from scavenging, which cost me nothing as I am doing it in the world.

So would it be better to just sell to NPC Vendors?

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.17.2011 , 10:05 AM | #5
I guess it depends on how good the item is. If it's not a very good item then chances are people aren't going to buy it so selling to a NPC would be the way to go. But if it happens to be a decent item I'd probably try selling it on the GTN.
Master Jedi

Majestic_Jazz
12.17.2011 , 10:41 AM | #6
I guess it depends on how good the item is. If it's not a very good item then chances are people aren't going to buy it so selling to a NPC would be the way to go. But if it happens to be a decent item I'd probably try selling it on the GTN.
Thanks for the input however I am new to MMOs and I didn't do much crafting in the beta so this is all new to me, but, how can I tell if a mod that I crafted is very good/rare compared to something that is cheap/common?

Thanks

Heappestre
12.17.2011 , 10:44 AM | #7
If it's blue, it's good and if it's purple it's very good. If what you craft is green, reverse engineer it till you can make the blue.
Spelling isn't my strong point.

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.17.2011 , 10:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Thanks for the input however I am new to MMOs and I didn't do much crafting in the beta so this is all new to me, but, how can I tell if a mod that I crafted is very good/rare compared to something that is cheap/common?

Thanks
Too be honest this is all new to me as well. This is my first MMO and I also did not partake in the beta. I'm just using logic which I know is frowned upon on the internet. I'm not sure what items are good or bad but I do know that if the item is purple or orange then it's a pretty good item. You could sell blue items to players who are earlier levels and green you might as well just sell to the NPC.
Master Jedi

FrOzeNPeNguiNN
12.17.2011 , 11:02 AM | #9
With my Cybertech it seems that in low levels very few items would be worth putting up on the GTN aside from (as mentioned above) blues, purples, etc. Most of the items I make I reverse engineer to allow further creation of items and the hopes of a new schematic. I think it was at 60 Cybertech that I started seeing some decent low level blues for the GTN. But then again you never know what someone may buy. One man's trash and all that jazz.
Character: Zav
Guild: Bad Company
Server: Davik's Estate

Heappestre
12.17.2011 , 11:03 AM | #10
green you might as well just sell to the NPC.
You can't make blue items until you have reverse engineered green ones into blue recipes. after that, the only point in making green is to level crafting as you don't gain anything else (loose money, no schematic to gain, etc)
Spelling isn't my strong point.