Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul DNA Vendor is a thief! Overcharged for pet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul DNA Vendor is a thief! Overcharged for pet

Goretzu
04.18.2012 , 07:33 AM | #11
The plague seems to sometimes bug out and freeze (forever) if you change zone or use quick travel too.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Catch_TwentyTwo
04.18.2012 , 07:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandidar View Post
Just a warning for those working towards items from the current event.

I visited the vendor Jeelvic to buy a pet and crystal. I had 143 of the DNA on me, which had to be in 2 stacks. One of 44 and one of 99. The pet costs 60.

After purchasing I only had 39 remaining. The vendor took the stack off 44, then instead of takign the balance from the stack of 99 it took the full 60 from the 99 stack as well, leaving me with 39...effectively I paid 104 for the pet which should cost 60.
Instead of crying about it here, did you think to log a ticket?
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Jackobite
04.18.2012 , 07:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Catch_TwentyTwo View Post
are you for real?

Thanks for the heads up OP
CE

macnernie
04.18.2012 , 07:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Catch_TwentyTwo View Post
Are the two mutually exclusive in your world? Can someone report the bug ( Like i did) then come to the forum to see if it's a known issue. I'm glad this post was started. Let me know I wasn't the only one this hit.

Instead of crying about perfectly valid posts did you think to just keep your opinions to yourself?

Lundli
04.18.2012 , 07:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by macnernie View Post
I'm glad this post was started. Let me know I wasn't the only one this hit
As am I, if I hadn't seen one of these posts I probably would have lost a bunch myself.. Good job OP!

sixstringriot
04.18.2012 , 10:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HotelMoscow View Post
I got the same message earlier last night after submitting a ticket and am in the same boat. Did you ever receive your samples?
I started another ticket last night about my samples never being restored and still have not heard back from them. I spent the night in the wreckage area getting infected and blowing up farming the samples since i never heard back and got my second crystal. If i were you i would just farm them again because you are most likely not gonna hear back about it.
Insert witty comment here

sixstringriot
04.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #17
I finally had my samples restored.
Insert witty comment here

Nuriel
04.18.2012 , 05:17 PM | #18
My wife and me had our samples restored like 30 min after submitting a ticket...

ibeo
04.18.2012 , 05:35 PM | #19
i was told to pound sand an hour ago good to know CS is so hit and miss
Ibeo of Wanderhome UZI of Squadron 238
ELITE of Vulkar Highway "Vonderhome"

Ilhares
04.18.2012 , 05:36 PM | #20
Well, i left a rather detailed bug report about it, and I was given a generic "that's too bad" response, no offer of restoration.

The trick to avoid this isn't to only go with 1 stack. It's to make sure that your largest stack is closer to the top-left corner of your inventory. It draws from the uppermost stack first. If the upper stack is insufficient, it will eat the entire stack, and then deduct the full balance from the next stack it can find in sequence. It's very obviously a vendor process glitch where they didn't subtract the value of the first stack properly.