Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul DNA Vendor is a thief! Overcharged for pet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul DNA Vendor is a thief! Overcharged for pet

Iandidar
04.16.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1
Just a warning for those working towards items from the current event.

I visited the vendor Jeelvic to buy a pet and crystal. I had 143 of the DNA on me, which had to be in 2 stacks. One of 44 and one of 99. The pet costs 60.

After purchasing I only had 39 remaining. The vendor took the stack off 44, then instead of takign the balance from the stack of 99 it took the full 60 from the 99 stack as well, leaving me with 39...effectively I paid 104 for the pet which should cost 60.

ZORG
04.16.2012 , 03:33 PM | #2
Then i will by one item at a time and leave rest of my dna in the bank.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

smithre
04.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #3
Yes, thief is an apt word for this.

I hit this too. Had to farm all over again to get the crystal after purchasing the pet. File a bug. There are some threads on this in the customer service forum. One person already he stated that he heard back from Support and they were unable to credit him as they couldn't verify that he had the mats. Sucks to be us...

Iandidar
04.17.2012 , 01:20 PM | #4
Mine were restored, along with directions for avoiding the bug (don't buy while you have more than one stack).

Since that confirms it's a known bug, you'd think they'd address it.

Andymantium
04.17.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
Well, he is a Jawa, after all..

sixstringriot
04.17.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
i opened a ticket and they verified i did lose my samples (had enough to get 2 but only got one) and was told they will restore them because its a bug. but so far they have not been restored. oh well i guess ill be blowing myself all night. uh. i mean getting infected and letting myself blow up all night.
Insert witty comment here

SpazCats
04.17.2012 , 09:07 PM | #7
Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. Bioware and their bugs /sigh. I will be sure to only bring what I need to buy the pet and leave the rest in the bank.

Danakar
04.17.2012 , 09:44 PM | #8
I wanted to mail some of them to another of my characters, but for some strange reason the mail never arrived when I sent it out...

It was only 12 or so DNA, but still...
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Niontiin
04.18.2012 , 12:33 AM | #9
I can confirm this. I had at least 187 DNA samples (99+88) when i purchased both a ql50 Black-Green crystal for 83 DNA's and the pet for 60 DNA's. Now i got 16 DNA's left. Thats a total of 171 DNA's spent.

83(crystal) + 60(pet) = 143(total price)
187(my pouch) - 143(total price) = 44(leftover dna)
Since i had a total of 16 leftover DNA's, thats at least 28 off! (if i didn't have even more to begin with, then its even worse than this)

28 samples is easy 140k credits at the player market, so its a pretty bad and unbelievable error.

HotelMoscow
04.18.2012 , 07:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sixstringriot View Post
i opened a ticket and they verified i did lose my samples (had enough to get 2 but only got one) and was told they will restore them because its a bug. but so far they have not been restored. oh well i guess ill be blowing myself all night. uh. i mean getting infected and letting myself blow up all night.
I got the same message earlier last night after submitting a ticket and am in the same boat. Did you ever receive your samples?