Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice Rakata Relics

XLJedi
05.03.2012 , 09:45 AM | #21
Forgive me if I'm making false assumptions...

However, it seems to me that people think that there is always a 20% chance of a critical?
(and again, I'm not sure, so feel free to correct me in this assumption)

From what I've seen, at least on schematics, there's a 20% base chance of critting on RE from green to blue, and a 10% chance of critting on blue to purple. Is there perhaps then only a 5% chance of critting on things once they get into the purple or rakata gear range???

...I haven't investigated this to thoroughly, so if any of you have links to resources that specifically state what the crit probs are, please post them. I'd be interested to see them.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

konstan
05.03.2012 , 09:58 AM | #22
Look at my last post in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=433602

I got that information from this thread on another site:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...endium?page=18
"Good relations with the wookies I have"

Imrageth
05.03.2012 , 10:00 AM | #23
I just got contacted by cs and got told that IT IS possible to acquire augmented relics but they may not reveal how. Some people said that they have tried 70 times and nothing.

So I started thinking if there is actually something that might be needed to get augmented relic. The only known way to get them is crafting but I am really confused now.

XLJedi
05.03.2012 , 10:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by konstan View Post
Look at my last post in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=433602

I got that information from this thread on another site:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...endium?page=18
Thanks!

I will now have to study that thread a bit to digest the data, and of course, being an "Excel Jedi", I just can't resist making some attempts at modeling it a bit, if possible...

I'm still rather skeptical of declaring the crit probs in the game to be broken, but at least now I have something to look at in a little more detail.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)

michaelawill
05.03.2012 , 02:51 PM | #25
My first 3 toons, Assassin, Juggernaut and Powertech all have crit relics, crit belt and crit bracers.

My new assassin (I know, I'm crazy) has burned through 130 biometric alloys and 1040 corusca gems trying to crit his first relic.

I have 3 friends that have been non stop crafting the new campaign relics trying to get a crit and over 30 crafted so far without a crit.

I really do agree that 1.2 has broken something and I've stopped attempting to craft these until we get an official response.

My guess is we will just randomly see something in some patch notes that said fixed an issue that was preventing relics from critting.

XLJedi
05.03.2012 , 03:18 PM | #26
^^^ thanks for posting that... I won't waste any time or materials then if that's the case!
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)

konstan
05.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelawill View Post
My new assassin (I know, I'm crazy) has burned through 130 biometric alloys and 1040 corusca gems trying to crit his first relic.
Submit a bug request and ask to refund the mats and please post the results. I asked for my mats to be refunded...
"Good relations with the wookies I have"

Iandayen
05.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Rathus View Post
Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (from Artifice) = 77 endurance

Campaign Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (daily comms) = 84 endurance

Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (from Artifice) with Might Augment = 18 strength 89 endurance

Not only are the permanent stats better, it's also the principle of the matter.

Campaign Relic with augment slot = 18 str 96 endurance.

Still better.

Next!
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com

Aphraell
05.03.2012 , 06:01 PM | #29
Yea I'm also not a big fan of saying something is broken, I understand RNG with the 20% chance.

I've made 40 Rakata relics with 0 augmented versions.

Not impressed. This is broken. All companions are at 10k affection. Tried all of them - nothing

Submitted a Bug report directing them here as well as my "efforts"

Miatog
05.03.2012 , 06:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
Campaign Relic with augment slot = 18 str 96 endurance.

Still better.

Next!
You can get a crit when you buy a relic?

To the OP, sorry this sucks you've gone through so many man, but it is RNG. Just like some people will get theirs first time, some people won't get theirs till try 1000. I know from experience that getting upset just compounds and makes every failure upset you more and more, the best thing you can do is just try to not get upset.