Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming "The Unusual Egg"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Locrinus
04.16.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1
Should it be allowed? I mean for an 4 hour cool down, shouldn't we be allowed to acquire this rare pet at least once? I have lost the opportunity to snag this egg up multiple times do to the same guild and or pack of friends mobbing the egg. Thoughts?

Thekze
04.16.2012 , 10:53 AM | #2
It's on a 4 hours cooldown, tested and confirmed. On Juyo server anyways, and republic side.

You don't click fast enough. Try getting it next time, so you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Miyaka
04.16.2012 , 10:55 AM | #3
It's a 4 hour cooldown..and there are two locations to get it.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)

KrittaB
04.16.2012 , 10:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Locrinus View Post
Should it be allowed? I mean for an 8 hour cool down, shouldn't we be allowed to acquire this rare pet at least once? I have lost the opportunity to snag this egg up multiple times do to the same guild and or pack of friends mobbing the egg. Thoughts?
you have every opportunity to get it. you can either wait at the spawn and hope you find it, or you can buy it off someone who has.

like you said, this is a RARE pet, and it's only been on the servers for a couple of days. Obviously it is going to be a popular spot for people trying to get it.

Locrinus
04.16.2012 , 11:03 AM | #5
I understand the whole, "Click it faster, get their sooner" suggestions. But is it right for people to be so greedy? Step aside, and let someone else have a chance.

DarthAnaethil
04.16.2012 , 11:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Locrinus View Post
I understand the whole, "Click it faster, get their sooner" suggestions. But is it right for people to be so greedy? Step aside, and let someone else have a chance.
First time to the internet? lmao
CEO but still the same as everybody else

FrostPaw
04.16.2012 , 11:07 AM | #7
No people don't have the opportunity to get it, I camped four hours for it yesterday, someone logged in 2mins before it spawned and beat me to it by about 1 second which could easily have been latency difference.

If its farmable, and you can predict when it will pop, people will screw you every time.

Shouldn't be tradeable, shouldn't be predictable, shouldn't be farmable.

It's not rocket science, then again, some idiot at Bioware didn't lock chests to the npcs guarding them so evidently someone likes people getting grief.

Simple Question....MMO = Socialy inspired game world, so why are so many activites anti social? quest clickies, loot chests etc...we aren't just competing with our enemies, we're competing with our allies too.

Dekkard_TNGC
04.16.2012 , 11:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAnaethil View Post
First time to the internet? lmao
that sums it up xD

Mythicrose
04.16.2012 , 11:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FrostPaw View Post
No people don't have the opportunity to get it, I camped four hours for it yesterday, someone logged in 2mins before it spawned and beat me to it by about 1 second which could easily have been latency difference.
For those that played WoW....this is like the time-lost protodrake all over except the egg doesn't move. You'll get lucky sooner or later especially once the "new" factor wears off. If someone simply must have it now, take a few days off school/work and have a second personal able to play your character and camp the spawn location when sleeping.....or pony up and pay who ever has it (assuming the egg can be traded).
Sniper, Renegade Soldiers [Davik's Estate]
5/5 Nightmare EV
5/5 Nightmare Karagga's Palace
4/4 Hard Mode Explosive Conflict

illgot
04.16.2012 , 11:13 AM | #10
I was told they are changing it so the eggs will be bind on pick up. I hope this is true.

On my server 2 people have the timer down and get the egg nearly every time. They have alts parked there and use macro's to click for them. They log in a few minutes before it spawns (since they know the timer) and set up their macro and do other things.

I only know this because they brag about it while charging people 500k per egg.

It doesn't matter to me, I'm not a huge one for birds