Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what gear you need to take down HM Explosive Conflict

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what gear you need to take down HM Explosive Conflict

seektravota
04.16.2012 , 07:53 AM | #1
We just downed it in normal mode. Our 2 tanks are full rakata at 23.8health, rest are half rakata half mixed columni/rakata pieces. We tried the first boss in HM, but always hit its enrage timer at around 30%. we started to think we're undergeared for HM.

wondering, if anybody who downed that place in HM, what gear you guys have? and what team composition you have?

_Zorth_
04.16.2012 , 08:52 AM | #2
You need full rakata to take down the bosses in HM, Your group seems to have a mix which is okay for story mode but a no no for HM. If your group gets full rakata and is still wiping on 30% then you are probably doing something wrong.

It's not all about gear, Need to know the tacs really well and everyone in your group needs to know their class.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

HinjuMaspo
04.16.2012 , 09:09 AM | #3
Generally you must know the given tactics. Thoth and zarn, I may have the names wrong, are hard even for geared groups. Most of my guild, the top two raid teams, including me are Rakata geared and have issues. It is about knowing the fight and being comfortable with it. When you understand it, and have done it alot, you just rinse and repeat.
Endzeit-Ancorhead
Sixth in progression-server

Tormentist
04.16.2012 , 09:12 AM | #4
Definately need full Rakata. After that you need spot on rotation and game play. We were hitting enrage timers in full Rakata.

Pretty much if you lose 1 dps (or anyone for that matter) And you can't get them up immediately, you may as well call it a wipe.

Toth/Zorn is a huge gear/dps check. The hardest in the instance they say. All consumables and Bloodthirst is a must.

Pro Tip: Strategy is everything.
*** Darth Tormentist ***
<Catalyst>
Vulkar Highway

OlosBC
04.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #5
There's hardly any difference between columi and rakata. If you're hitting enrage at 30%, gear isn't gonna fix it. Work on strategy and dps learning to play.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

logankeepes
04.16.2012 , 11:39 AM | #6
does everyone, even healers need full rakata? i ask because i'm a sage healer and i have columi/tionese gear and only rakata implants from doing dailies, and my guild would like me to heal for them in a 16 man raid, but i'm not rakata.

EDIT: i've cleared both KP and EV normal mode numerous times, and have cleared every HM FP with no problems. I have yet to do EV/KP HM/NM which is why i have no rakata gear.
Zakiri - lvl 50 Sage DPS -- Zakera - lvl 50 Smuggler Healer
Zakbane - lvl 50 Vanguard Tank
The Harbinger

Patrickgf
04.16.2012 , 11:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by logankeepes View Post
does everyone, even healers need full rakata? i ask because i'm a sage healer and i have columi/tionese gear and only rakata implants from doing dailies, and my guild would like me to heal for them in a 16 man raid, but i'm not rakata.

EDIT: i've cleared both KP and EV normal mode numerous times, and have cleared every HM FP with no problems. I have yet to do EV/KP HM/NM which is why i have no rakata gear.

NM EV/KP is a real kick in the balls for healers u may want to run that a bit first as this content is more difficult. EV/KP on normal are a walk in the park on a sunny day.

logankeepes
04.16.2012 , 11:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Patrickgf View Post
NM EV/KP is a real kick in the balls for healers u may want to run that a bit first as this content is more difficult. EV/KP on normal are a walk in the park on a sunny day.
yeah EV/KP are easy on normal. so should i wait to do the new op until i get full rakata or would i be ok with my columi/tionese set?
The Harbinger

logankeepes
04.16.2012 , 12:27 PM | #9
and i'm talking about normal mode, not HM/NM. will my columi/rakata gear be enough to heal a 16 man ops group with 4 healers, 4 tanks, and 8 dps?
The Harbinger