Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

Catsmeat's Avatar


Catsmeat
04.20.2012 , 12:12 PM | #131
Most helpful.

Thanks for putting this together.

Varteras's Avatar


Varteras
04.20.2012 , 01:19 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
you don't think they'll add the bracers?

I'm guessing there might be also a weapon of sorts ( like the flare gun you get from the deluxe or CE editions of the game) that you can equip socially. The one "containment" officer that rapels down from the ceiling when you try to break quarantine in the space port hits you with a sort of flame thrower. I think it'd be pretty cool if i could use that, it'd probably scare a bunch of people on the fleet
They could do bracers or a weapon as some kind of finale for the event but I'm not so sure they will. The Containment Officer gear appears to be intended as social gear. So it's all about the look. Considering that bracers are almost never seen on gear sets they may not add them simply because you will never see them. I don't even know of any social gear sets that have bracers. Not saying they don't exist but I've personally never seen them. Furthermore, considering that they put the chest piece and the belt into the same mission reward that tells me that the social gear rewards are now done being implemented. If they had planned to add bracers as well then they would have likely made them a reward alongside another piece of gear already. A weapon being available at the end of the event might happen but as I said I think they're probably done with the whole social gear part of the event.

Ofcourse I could be completely wrong about all of that.
Quote:
Unless you're a stockholder, a Bioware employee, or employee of a rival company... if you're on forums and going out of your way to attack or defend a videogame then I would say you're spending way too much energy doing so and not enough energy trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with you.

Roshe's Avatar


Roshe
04.20.2012 , 03:26 PM | #133
Just out of curiosity...

I see the armor reward pieces for the legs, feet, hands, and head. Is there a robe/torso piece, too?

Varteras's Avatar


Varteras
04.20.2012 , 03:27 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
Just out of curiosity...

I see the armor reward pieces for the legs, feet, hands, and head. Is there a robe/torso piece, too?
Yes. You get it from doing the most recently released daily. Look to the first post here for information on it.
Quote:
Unless you're a stockholder, a Bioware employee, or employee of a rival company... if you're on forums and going out of your way to attack or defend a videogame then I would say you're spending way too much energy doing so and not enough energy trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with you.

Roshe's Avatar


Roshe
04.20.2012 , 03:28 PM | #135
Yeah...I should have looked a bit further before posting. Just a couple minutes after I posted that, I found the answer :/

Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: Next question. Since these armor pieces are light armor, are they as good as medium/heavy modable pieces or do those offer better protection / armor rating?

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
04.20.2012 , 03:32 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by cosmasterkiller View Post
Yes there appears to be specific requirements for some of these quests. I was told by bioware that they are remaining very quiet about the quests and letting the community find out on their own, which I think is pretty cool. It could get frustrating if players are unable to get the complete social set however...

So far, all of the new quests are found within the old. So, if you're doing all of the dailies everyday, it's hard to miss the new quest. The only one that wasn't obvious was the one for the crimson rakling.

Varteras's Avatar


Varteras
04.20.2012 , 03:35 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
Yeah...I should have looked a bit further before posting. Just a couple minutes after I posted that, I found the answer :/

Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: Next question. Since these armor pieces are light armor, are they as good as medium/heavy modable pieces or do those offer better protection / armor rating?
If you're anything but a Light Armor wearing class I'd advise against using this gear in combat. This gear is pretty much intended to just be social gear. However, if in the future they make the change they said they would and allow social gear to scale with whatever your typical armor type is then you could use this gear in an Operation if you wanted.
Quote:
Unless you're a stockholder, a Bioware employee, or employee of a rival company... if you're on forums and going out of your way to attack or defend a videogame then I would say you're spending way too much energy doing so and not enough energy trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with you.

Roshe's Avatar


Roshe
04.20.2012 , 03:37 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Varteras View Post
If you're anything but a Light Armor wearing class I'd advise against using this gear in combat. This gear is pretty much intended to just be social gear. However, if in the future they make they change they said they would and allow social gear to scale with whatever your typical armor type is then you could use this gear in an Operation if you wanted.
That's what I thought. I'm getting it for my Sage and my Kira / Nadia companions as they wear light armor anyway, but I figured I'd just collect the dna instead of the armor pieces for my Sentinel. Thanks.

rhirne's Avatar


rhirne
04.20.2012 , 05:23 PM | #139
Just so you know, I've been wearing the set for about 1 hour now (helmet, chest, arms, legs, feet, belt), I am feverish and have NOT exploded. Apparently the entire set keeps you from exploding. maybe something to do with another quest in the chain? Or just a set bonus maybe

EDIT:

NVM.. I must have been resetting it somehow.. moment I left tatooine, it reset the timer and 10 minutes later.. boom.. so maybe works only on Tatooine..
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.21.2012 , 08:29 AM | #140
Lovin this guide, it was so helpful this past week.