Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

Vhelve
04.20.2012 , 08:11 AM | #121
A piece of feedback,

Great that we have an evolving "live' event that gives out a few things avid gamers enjoy (title, pet, armor set...).

One issue I have (I have not found any solution to it, is there one ?), is that the armor set is light armor (ie cloth), meaning that as a heavy armor wearer is i pop my mods in it i get the stats bonuses but NOT the armor value.
I tried yesterday with my level 40 armor and i basically loose armor...

I s there a way to switch this armor from light to medium or heavy for the people that wear that kind of armor?
I wanted to wear the set from level 40 to 50 to have an unusual look and because it fits Bounty Hunter Style quite well, but it seems i have to pass for now.

Has anyone heard if there would be a possibility to trade these pieces for the same ones of a different armor value? Could this be implemented at the end of the event (ie trade in to a Merchant of sorts?).

Thanks for any answer.

Calabask
04.20.2012 , 08:16 AM | #122
There a new quest today? Just about to hit the Dewbacks and I've not seen an additional one.

cosmasterkiller
04.20.2012 , 08:18 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Calabask View Post
There a new quest today? Just about to hit the Dewbacks and I've not seen an additional one.
No one has found anything yet. The databases don't show any additional gear either.
SithWarrior.com is now SWTOR Mechanics
MMO-Mechanics.com/SWTOR Empire and Republic class mechanics and theorycrafting
UI File Share at MMO-mechanics The largest selection of player submitted UI's anywhere.
PvP Forums | Explosive Conflict Boss Guides | Game Mechanics Forums

Eillack
04.20.2012 , 09:13 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by cosmasterkiller View Post
No one has found anything yet. The databases don't show any additional gear either.
MAybe yesterday's was the last one and from now on will for for those who need the last piece form yesterday, or for those who need the set still.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

cosmasterkiller
04.20.2012 , 09:36 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
MAybe yesterday's was the last one and from now on will for for those who need the last piece form yesterday, or for those who need the set still.
I am THINKING they will do something over the weekend since the story isnt over with yet. That could be the last of the dailies though.
SithWarrior.com is now SWTOR Mechanics
MMO-Mechanics.com/SWTOR Empire and Republic class mechanics and theorycrafting
UI File Share at MMO-mechanics The largest selection of player submitted UI's anywhere.
PvP Forums | Explosive Conflict Boss Guides | Game Mechanics Forums

LaRue
04.20.2012 , 10:19 AM | #126
Nice set of guides you've got.

One thing that myself and fellow guildies learned last night is that the New dailies that they unlocked everday are indeed linear.

Meaning that you have to complete 1, wait a day get 2, wait a day get 3, etc.... which means that if you started day 1 today then you'd have to wait 5 days, 6 if you want the belt, to do them all (and get the whole set of gear). And at this point anyone starting today wouldn't make it all the way since the event ends on the 24th.

There are a very limited number of people that realized this information and now will be the only ones with a very unique armor set.

Frog_brains
04.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhelve View Post
A piece of feedback,

Great that we have an evolving "live' event that gives out a few things avid gamers enjoy (title, pet, armor set...).

One issue I have (I have not found any solution to it, is there one ?), is that the armor set is light armor (ie cloth), meaning that as a heavy armor wearer is i pop my mods in it i get the stats bonuses but NOT the armor value.

I s there a way to switch this armor from light to medium or heavy for the people that wear that kind of armor?
I wanted to wear the set from level 40 to 50 to have an unusual look and because it fits Bounty Hunter Style quite well, but it seems i have to pass for now.

Has anyone heard if there would be a possibility to trade these pieces for the same ones of a different armor value? Could this be implemented at the end of the event (ie trade in to a Merchant of sorts?).

Thanks for any answer.
The answer to this is that it's not primarlily intended to be combat gear, that's why it's got a social rank requirement to it (lvl1 social) which most people get within 5 minutes of starting a new character. This is basically vanity gear so that you can dress up role play on while on the fleet/ homeplanet or lower lvl planets, it does have the slots so you can gear it up, and it's true that for light armour users they get the full armour value when they load it up for them, where as for medium armour or heavy armour users you'd only get the light armour value of the armouring slot.

In the end i don't think it's a huge deal though, for myself personally on my main shadow that uses light armour this set wouldn't work once you hit endgame because no set bonus. I'll just be using it to scare people on the fleet
i'm definately not going to spend the 100k + creds to fill it up with all lvl 50 mods to make it combat worthy, except maybe the belt.

Also as to the (apparent) lack of a new daily today, i'm going to attribute that to the fact that yesterdays daily offered 3 awards to choose from (dna sample x1, chestpiece, and belt i believe) meaning that you'd have to do it 2x anyway to get both armour pieces available for that quest. I'm going to assume along with some of the other people as well that there's going to be a big "Finale" quest for the weekend, which will still give people who started a couple of days late a chance to finish up

Eillack
04.20.2012 , 11:17 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by cosmasterkiller View Post
I am THINKING they will do something over the weekend since the story isnt over with yet. That could be the last of the dailies though.
Seems like it. Just got the belt (I did chest yesterday) so now I'm complete with armor set.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Frog_brains
04.20.2012 , 11:33 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Seems like it. Just got the belt (I did chest yesterday) so now I'm complete with armor set.
you don't think they'll add the bracers?

I'm guessing there might be also a weapon of sorts ( like the flare gun you get from the deluxe or CE editions of the game) that you can equip socially. The one "containment" officer that rapels down from the ceiling when you try to break quarantine in the space port hits you with a sort of flame thrower. I think it'd be pretty cool if i could use that, it'd probably scare a bunch of people on the fleet

Mike_Bluesky
04.20.2012 , 11:44 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhelve View Post

Social items are only light for now, Bioware said they'll be doing something with that but no ETA. So any class with armor other than light have no use of those items in normal gameplay.
also
BRACERS would be nice. Pretty please.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)