Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

Maestrodomus
04.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #41
I've never had this happen on this fight, but I tank and I can never see the first fire pit on Karraga.

The random lightning on the tank before Defensive Systems I hope is a bug they will fix. It sucks but you can work around it.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

kiwoo
04.25.2012 , 02:52 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Tormentist View Post
I am talking about the blue lightning spires not showing up on peoples screens. I'm assuming that's what were talking about. If not, I apologize.
We get that problem (bug) also. Way too often>.<

macumba
04.26.2012 , 03:24 AM | #43
this bug is actually quite old. we first noticed it on 16man soa phase1 after a first wipe.

certain effects during a raid only become visible a few seconds into the fight (like the big void zones on phase1 soa, sometimes the black ground on karagga and the effects from stormbrand and firecaller)

it does not happen to 100% of people but I would say 70-90% (at least in our raid)

after a while the effects spawn properly for everyone (it's only the first say 10-30 seconds that are a real problem)

the bug spreads across all sorts of systems (nvidia and ati cards and all sorts of drivers) for some reason a select few do not suffer from the bug at all (we use them to call voidzones out on soa and stand on the ground on FB&SC)

I reported this bug every fricken time it occurred (updating the ticket on the go) since soa and I am fed up and tired that this has carried over for so long.

I know that casuals who get stuck on tython pay the bills and we who want to raid are worthless scum with no life etc etc. It's just that if a bug exists for that long I begin to question BW's ability to fix it at all.
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

NickBlane
04.26.2012 , 04:27 AM | #44
My favourite bug at the moment is the debuff not showing on Nightmare pilgram. You stop dps check if you have the debuff, check again to make sure, wait another 5 seconds, still no debuff, ok i can hit the target, oh look debuff pops, i am dead

drunknurse
04.27.2012 , 04:43 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
this bug is actually quite old. we first noticed it on 16man soa phase1 after a first wipe.

certain effects during a raid only become visible a few seconds into the fight (like the big void zones on phase1 soa, sometimes the black ground on karagga and the effects from stormbrand and firecaller)

it does not happen to 100% of people but I would say 70-90% (at least in our raid)

after a while the effects spawn properly for everyone (it's only the first say 10-30 seconds that are a real problem)

the bug spreads across all sorts of systems (nvidia and ati cards and all sorts of drivers) for some reason a select few do not suffer from the bug at all (we use them to call voidzones out on soa and stand on the ground on FB&SC)

I reported this bug every fricken time it occurred (updating the ticket on the go) since soa and I am fed up and tired that this has carried over for so long.

I know that casuals who get stuck on tython pay the bills and we who want to raid are worthless scum with no life etc etc. It's just that if a bug exists for that long I begin to question BW's ability to fix it at all.
We noticed that bug too, but phase 1 soa is like 20 seconds.
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

bigheadbrandon
04.27.2012 , 05:46 AM | #46
the invisible reticles are caused by having your camera positioned to where theres a wall between the camera and your character
I never noticed this until I was healing firebrand and on the ground dodging spires
There's 2 easy ways to avoid this, zoom your camera in closer or turn off smart camera and turn so the camera is looking at you from the entrance

cbowsin
04.27.2012 , 08:57 AM | #47
Unless it is an invisible wall that i can walk through, I am not sure that is the case, but I can try messing with zoom on the next fights. It just seems odd that without changing zoom I can see the effects on the first attempt, but only sporadically on the following attempts.

Last night, after first attempts, could not see the green/red squares for Vorgath's minefield, and also could not see the ground AoE on Kephess.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

drunknurse
04.28.2012 , 08:49 PM | #48
This issue is definitely still in the game...I don't think it has been addressed yet either...
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

Crankyhobo
04.30.2012 , 01:41 AM | #49
I wonder if this is related to the new setting which reduces the number of players shown at once. I could see it also applying to effects mistakenly, the soa balls for instance are npc companions.

Imodorox
08.07.2012 , 08:14 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
the invisible reticles are caused by having your camera positioned to where theres a wall between the camera and your character
I never noticed this until I was healing firebrand and on the ground dodging spires
There's 2 easy ways to avoid this, zoom your camera in closer or turn off smart camera and turn so the camera is looking at you from the entrance
ahh this Bugs are because there is a "wall" between me and the camera.. okay
Im˘en- Sith-Marodeur - DD Server: T3-M4

Gilden & Raidleiter von Final eXecute