Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

Wugan
04.16.2012 , 01:04 PM | #21
Also happening to us, and has been reported since PTS. The issue is not whether you can work around it, because obviously you can. But it's a clear bug and needs to get fixed.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

Concobhar
04.16.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
Also having the same issues tonight. Ground effects not showing on this fight (as well as the First and last bosses of Lost Island) and Historically had it in Soa too.

I have repaired the launcher as suggested in an old thread but no joys with that either.

Running an ATI Radeon HD6450 with Catalyst 12.3 Drivers in the event theres any pattern
Guildmaster of the Kessel Liberation Front
Gunslingin' Smugglin' Nerfherdin'

xenofire
04.16.2012 , 03:47 PM | #23
It's broke for everyone. You just have to create a strat around the effects of the fight being invisible until the first defensive systems.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Nahela
04.16.2012 , 07:17 PM | #24
Seems targeting circles on players just aren't working in general, not on Toth/Zorn either. Which makes having a group of melee and not being able to see where boulders are being thrown an awful experience.

drunknurse
04.17.2012 , 04:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
It's broke for everyone. You just have to create a strat around the effects of the fight being invisible until the first defensive systems.
Oh hai
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

cbowsin
04.18.2012 , 03:58 PM | #26
I watched a video for this fight and now I am really scared.

Reason being is because on Monday, we were working on SOA and during one attempt, I, all of a sudden started taking a lot of damage on the first phase as well another player was. People in vent were telling him to get out of the circle. Problem is, I saw no aoe circles on my screen. I moved on top of other players and a few seconds later, 'poof'! massive fully grown aoe circles appeared on my screen.

Then last night we made a few mistakes on Fabricator so we had to run mutliple attempts. On the last two, I was working the puzzle and missed the message for incoming droids. I saw no droids when suddenly, 'pop' and I had a dot on me. On the last attempt, I had to keep an eye out for the message and hit overlead when I suspected droids being there. Eventually in both cases they started appearring after some time.

I don't recall this being an issue prior to 1.2 but do hope it is being addressed.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

joetacticSW
04.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #27
The lightning balls are so bad, that people are standing in it for along time before realizing what is doing so much damage because they are invisible.
Battlemaster - 50 Combat Medic
The Warthirsting Legacy
Grand Master Zym Server

LogikGP
04.19.2012 , 04:18 AM | #28
We ran into this issue as well (invisible lightning pillars) on our 16-man run. Oddly enough when a group did an 8-man they had no issues. Everyone who was getting caught in the invisible AoEs tried the obvious workarounds (lower graphic settings) but it didn't help.

As someone mentioned the AoEs on the 1st phase of Soa presenting the same issues, we experienced those as well some time ago. We figured out an area where those puddles didn't drop and it was never an issue again. This, however, is a completely different animal with the placement being completely random. For those taking damage it doesn't jump out that you are losing more life than you should be until it is too late.

Difficult is fine. In fact, it's a good thing. But story mode is supposed to be so that you can "see" the content and the mechanics. A fully Rakata geared 16-man should not be continually wiping within the 1st phase of this fight because people position around both tanks cant see the lightning pillars.
The Mav Legacy
Marrdigan, Selven, Valha, M'irra, Marric, Miphune, Xeldo

J'sahra, Shi'ra, Bavmorrda, Brütal'is, Bennitsübasa

xenofire
04.19.2012 , 04:31 AM | #29
If your players are capable of watching their healthbars, they can move out of invisible lightning spheres. Just put your 4 smartest and fastest reacting ranged dps or healers (we used 2 dps 2 heals in 16 man) on the ground. It will be easy.

The best part about this fight is all the minor tweaks you need to make before a kill. It's very easy to see progress from beginning to end in hard mode 16, there is no brick wall. We never even saw the enrage timer in 16 man on any wipes or the kill.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

jingadingdangdo
04.19.2012 , 06:52 AM | #30
A few 16 man HM tips:

We found keeping 3 ranged on the ground off the tanks kept the domes from spawning on the tanks but if your ranged are prone to dying it's probably safer to go with 4.

Another tip which might help - we found that most people in our raid saw the blue domes consistently if they reduced the camera distance from their character for this encounter. Your mileage may vary.
Jinga - Raid Leader of <Retribution>

16 man - World 5th clear of EC Hard Mode. World ranked 6th overall.
Seeking exceptional applicants, apply now at retribution-guild.net