Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

drunknurse
04.15.2012 , 07:24 PM | #1
The blue spheres, the yellow targeting lights, and the red marks on the ground for the motors. Sometimes these are invisible for most people in our raid on hardmode. Anyone else having this issue?
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

drunknurse
04.15.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2
BUMP too many people ************ about story mode and lost island important threads like these tend to fall lol.
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Fabricated
04.15.2012 , 08:08 PM | #3
We noticed that a lot of the AOE ground markers randomly didn't show for our raid on storymode 16-man. I doubt it's intentional.

drunknurse
04.15.2012 , 09:40 PM | #4
Bump, story mode isnt hard ****...
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

iimagiicii
04.16.2012 , 12:10 AM | #5
Yes, we had that issue on the first lightning ball AoE, the tank,me(healer), and sniper DPS couldn't see it and we almost wiped from it on story mode. Our Merc dps could see it and told our sniper to move quickly, good thing too cause we downed him that attempt, our third.
Jedi Covenant
Cr'ysta - Scoundrel <Republic Gentlemen>
Pub'Crysta / Crystå - Slinger <Hellbent>
Gaar'a - Mando <Republic Gentlemen>
Erotophobia Legacy

drunknurse
04.16.2012 , 12:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Yes, we had that issue on the first lightning ball AoE, the tank,me(healer), and sniper DPS couldn't see it and we almost wiped from it on story mode. Our Merc dps could see it and told our sniper to move quickly, good thing too cause we downed him that attempt, our third.
Yeah this bug was even on PTR, and I KNOW I reported it. This better be fixed soon...

EDIT: This better be fixed before next lockout actually.
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Pyragor
04.16.2012 , 12:56 AM | #7
We had the same problem yesterday.
I could'nt see the red aoe (but the yellow and blue ones yes). I changed my setting by displaying a low number of characters in Graphics Settings and it worked. It looks like the aoe are considered as characters.
Cérémonie Franc-Tireur 55, Sarb'Kan Erudit 55, Impulsive Gardien 55, Ardeur Avant-Garde 55
Thanator Mercenaire 55, Calme Maraudeur 55, Gracieuse Assassin 55, Pyragor Agent Secret 55

drunknurse
04.16.2012 , 07:15 AM | #8
bump!
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

JLapp
04.16.2012 , 07:38 AM | #9
+1.

The first lightning ball was never showing up for me after 1-2 attempts last night. Before it would disappear it would show up and everyone after that would be visible so I basically just had to keep moving and use the damage I was taking to determine where it was.

cbowsin
04.16.2012 , 07:50 AM | #10
Haven't done EC yet, but did Lost Island first time last night. I had no problems on first attempts, but after wipe, every attempt afterwards I could not see ground effects on LR-5 and Lorrick for the first 15-30 seconds.

Also I tried cleansing the rackghoul debuff from Lorrick but after multiple attempts spamming purge, the debuff still showed (stack of 3 to 5) even though it appeared I was not receiving any DoT.

Because of these issues I have no intention to run the FP anymore even though that is all my guild wants to do. This probably means I wont be doing EC either.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.