Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conundrum - hope game is fixed, or cancel subscription???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Conundrum - hope game is fixed, or cancel subscription???

Fonzerine
04.15.2012 , 05:35 PM | #1
Here's my situation:

I cannot launch the game from desktop, I tried all the nonsense that I was told to try, and still nothing. FYI I played the game completely fine with no problems the day before 1.2 came out.

I get billed again on April 18th, the day after the tuesday maintenence, which MIGHT solve the problem...but BW has been silent on whether or not they are even working on this issue.

So here's my problem....should I cancel my subscription if I can't play on Tuesday? If I cancel, and the problem is solved, I will never know it, since I won't be paying to resubscribe just to see if I can play, and potentially waste money. I also don't want to waste money by waiting for the game to be fixed for me, and pay for something I'm not playing.

BW, this last bit is specifically for you. If you had any sense, you would give everyone a week of free playtime and delay our payments until this disaster of a patch is fixed. You will hemorrhage players if this isn't resolved. It is in your best interest to lose a bit of cash now in the form of giving us a bit of playtime, rather than lose a bunch of cash later when people get fed up and quit.

I pay 15 bucks a month, and probably would have continued to do so for years had this not have happened. How many other thousands of players have seen this patch render the game completely unplayable, by this mechanism or another? Think very carefully about what you decide to do, because it could make or break this game's future.

Kadai
04.15.2012 , 05:38 PM | #2
cancel subscription, read forums after patch, if it looks primarily fixed, resubscribe if you so wish

Angorak
04.15.2012 , 05:40 PM | #3
Kinda odd that only some are having problems.
I haven't had a single glitch since 1.2 went live.
Have you tried a system restore to the day before the update?

Hemmorage might be a bit severe seeing as the majority aren't having problems logging in. I see as many peeps in fleet as before..if what you claim is true then fleet would probably have much less population than it does...hmmmmm.

Clownevil
04.15.2012 , 05:41 PM | #4
Threatening to cancel your sub doesn not get you results. Your one of many. Uuummmm if your sub ends after the weekly maintenance then its a no braining to wait to see if things are fixed.

They gave everyone 30 free days already (if you had a 50) They had no reason to do this. And we recieved a free day for the long downtime we had on Friday was it?

Bioware keep up the good work. Keep trucking along.
The Never Raider.

Angorak
04.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Clownevil View Post
Threatening to cancel your sub doesn not get you results. Your one of many. Uuummmm if your sub ends after the weekly maintenance then its a no braining to wait to see if things are fixed.

They gave everyone 30 free days already (if you had a 50) They had no reason to do this. And we recieved a free day for the long downtime we had on Friday was it?

Bioware keep up the good work. Keep trucking along.
Not just the 50's. You musta missed the post saying that if you get to legacy level 6 that you also qualify for the 30 days.

Kadai
04.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #6
My problem isn't the bugs, my game has been fine from beta untill this patch, it's the lack of a respose to my problem no matter where i try to get a fix, if at the very they said they didn't know or they are working on a fix then fine, I'm just tired of the pre-written answers i keep getting and the lack of response to who i get forwarded to next

Fonzerine
04.15.2012 , 06:11 PM | #7
I don't have a 50 or legacy lvl 6, so I got no freetime. My point isn't that I myself alone will cancel, but that many people potentially will.

If only 1% of the 2 million some people who play have this problem or another that renders the game unplayable, at 15 bucks a month that translates into $15 x 0.01 X 2,000,000 = $300,000 lost revenue per month, so I would imagine this is well worth their time to fix.

rjkishida
04.15.2012 , 06:14 PM | #8
cancel. CS is a joke. I doubt they will ever be able to suggest a real fix to your problem. Best you will ever get is "we're sorry. send us your dxdiag data. we sent your info to the dev team."

Angorak
04.15.2012 , 09:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fonzerine View Post
I don't have a 50 or legacy lvl 6, so I got no freetime. My point isn't that I myself alone will cancel, but that many people potentially will.

If only 1% of the 2 million some people who play have this problem or another that renders the game unplayable, at 15 bucks a month that translates into $15 x 0.01 X 2,000,000 = $300,000 lost revenue per month, so I would imagine this is well worth their time to fix.
It's a moot point since you can't log in but the deadline is the 25th to get to legacy level 6.

What gets me is all the naysyers that act as if BW actually wants thier game to fail which is of course ludicrous. It's unrealistic to even consider that they are unaware of the problem that affects a very small portion of the player base and even more unrealistic that they are doing nothing to fix it.

And I seriously doubt that even 1% are affected and even if it was, 300k compared to 30,000,000 is a mere pitance. Or even 3.6 mil out of 360,000,000 looks even smaller in comparison(one year's revenue example).

Should they fix it...of course. But to say that it will cause the demise should those affected unsub...not likely.

To address the OP's statement that BW should let the payment slip 5 days or so would cause a billing nightmare...they can do things like add time on a global scale but to pick out individual accounts that are in crisis would be impractical.

I hope you get your problem solved cuz it sucks not being able to log into the game I can well imagine.

-Holmes
06.18.2012 , 07:32 AM | #10
Everytime I have contacted CS with an issue, they helped, and they helped enough to make me happy.

Have you ever considered that despite their titles as "droids" they are still human?
They don't have all the answers.

@OP. What time would the maintenance end in your GMT? Would you be able to attempt to run the client right after?