Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Prepare to Be Blown Away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Prepare to Be Blown Away

Prolapse
04.15.2012 , 06:15 PM | #11
I'm tempted to go back to a F2P mmo over TOR. That "mmo" is Global Agenda.

Seriously, Bioware. You're pushing me back into the arms of Global Agenda.

Rageon_Vart
04.15.2012 , 06:18 PM | #12
I'd go back to SWG but they killed it because they knew no one would leave that 10 year old busted *** game for this POS
Rageon Vart
DFR
SWG - Flurry Server

-Eternal-
04.15.2012 , 06:19 PM | #13
Don't worry, we'll be stuck with this mess of a pvp balance and system while they do nothing but focus on how to make premade rated. lucky us.....
Eternal (Mercenary) & Xternal (Powertech)

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

Gorrdan
04.15.2012 , 06:22 PM | #14
Haha best post ever.. had a nice laugh after reading it OP. Two times they completely blew us away. No doubt.

Akaos
04.15.2012 , 06:22 PM | #15
EPIC FAIL.

The only reason I log on to play in the last month is to PVP. Guess what I hate PVP now... GG BW.

Penalize PUGS for losing games and penalize healers....

oceansofmars
04.15.2012 , 06:26 PM | #16
They were right. The changes blew!
Get Rich Or Die Trying

SweetNausea
04.15.2012 , 06:27 PM | #17
What blows me away is that they had a decent system in place that lets the underdogs (whichever side that may be) still gear up at a reasonable pace and then they completely torpedoed it for some reason.

I long ago resigned myself to accepting that this game was built for casuals because that's where the money is, so why are you doing your level best to encourage them never to queue up BioWare?

You build a game for casual and then punish them when they try to play it. I just don't get it. This is not a good business plan.

me_unknown
04.15.2012 , 06:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Then 2011 - James Ohlen SWTOR Game Director wrote :

"PvP We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Now

"We have the same entire team dedicated to adding content and feartures for pvp. Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

Comon, who didn't see this coming?
and they were damn right.... go to illum and you see it all blown away..... no one left there. EA + MYthics PVP team + BIOWARE = the blow-players-away masters!

vrgadin
04.15.2012 , 06:35 PM | #19
I find wzs to be a means to an end. I find wzs cheap and childish, a product of the console instant grat generation. The plan was to suffer through cheesed out minigames for gear, so I could open world endgame. U wow turds can have fun in your rated epeen stroking instances all u want.

Unfortunately there is no open pvp. Until they make multiple capable bases with some sort of reward, to get the kids out of wzs, this game has no future for the real pvpers.

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

Kleve
04.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Then 2011 - James Ohlen SWTOR Game Director wrote :

"PvP We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Now

"We have the same entire team dedicated to adding content and feartures for pvp. Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

Comon, who didn't see this coming?
Come on guys, Ilum was just foreplay.

1.2 was the Money Shot.