Prepare to Be Blown Away

Humankeg

Then 2011 - James Ohlen SWTOR Game Director wrote :

"PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Now

"We have the same entire team dedicated to adding content and feartures for pvp. Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

Comon, who didn't see this coming?

Edited by Humankeg

quality>quantity

Sorry to break it to you, but at this point... TOR has neither (comparing to many other games)...

All it has rightnow to me is my RL friends who I got them to play this game as their 1st mmorpg ever and is thinking this game is perfect in all ways shape or form. And I am stuck here with them. As I promised them when they spend their $150 I wouldnt quit before they do and will show them how to play MMO.

An MMORPG vet since Ultima Online 1998.

Edited by warultima

What blows me away is that they had a decent system in place that lets the underdogs (whichever side that may be) still gear up at a reasonable pace and then they completely torpedoed it for some reason.

I long ago resigned myself to accepting that this game was built for casuals because that's where the money is, so why are you doing your level best to encourage them never to queue up BioWare?

You build a game for casual and then punish them when they try to play it. I just don't get it. This is not a good business plan.

"PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Now

"We have the same entire team dedicated to adding content and feartures for pvp. Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

and they were damn right.... go to illum and you see it all blown away..... no one left there. EA + MYthics PVP team + BIOWARE = the blow-players-away masters!

I find wzs to be a means to an end. I find wzs cheap and childish, a product of the console instant grat generation. The plan was to suffer through cheesed out minigames for gear, so I could open world endgame. U wow turds can have fun in your rated epeen stroking instances all u want.

Unfortunately there is no open pvp. Until they make multiple capable bases with some sort of reward, to get the kids out of wzs, this game has no future for the real pvpers.

Now

Come on guys, Ilum was just foreplay.

1.2 was the Money Shot.

Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

?

In fairness, my PT is "blown away" in less than 3 secs with patch 1.2, so he is technically right. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite prepared, I blame the stun lock.

quality>quantity

This is not a high school project and the work of one person limited to thier new access to a new project assigned in thier new class.

We are talking about a group of professionals who have been doing this for years, have played games before doing this for years, and have access to a ton load of quality ideas.

See the difference?

The only thing a dev team has to do is basically make sure the idea on paper can work with the engine, and is balanced with testing for the classes. This does take time, but it should not limit quantity by a huge margin.

OP+1. i shouldn't be surprised really. they screwed up Illum. they screwed up warzones now. next big change will blow me away all right. it will blow me away to another game.

Yeah... I actually feel like calling up Trion to reactivate my sub to RIFT and get back to me Cleric.

Now that's a polished game!