Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

KOTOR III......Maybe?


Cavegeta's Avatar


Cavegeta
04.15.2012 , 05:28 PM | #1
Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum or if I should be posting on the BSN Kotor website, but given the success of TOR does anyone think there's a chance of actually getting a new Old Republic single-player CRPG?

I really don't like MMOs at all and while I liked TOR at first, it's not the same thing as a single-player CRPG. I have nothing bad to say about people who like MMOs and wouldn't want TOR to change at all in some way to be like a single-player game because it's not. I think it's done a relatively good job of striking a nice balance between the two genres, but given what I've experienced and what I've read from MMO players, there's more to be desired.

I guess I'm just curious if there could possibly be a market for having both at the same time.

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
04.15.2012 , 06:04 PM | #2
In short, not happening.
Bioware banged on for three years that this is KoTOR III. And 4, 5, 6 etc.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Elkingoh's Avatar


Elkingoh
04.15.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3
man i hope so, non of the stories I played in TOR match up to SWKTOR, story wise TOR is ok, but pvp is a joke, not worth $15 after you beat the game since pvp is ****ed. Unless your an op class or in an imblanced server which is pretty much all of them. I felt great becoming a jedi in KTOR but TOR was so underwelming they should make a third one that has a better starwars feel to it, not just "here is a light saber or blaster, enjoy it since we put the name star wars on all the crapy stories"
There is no such thing as darkness, only an absence of light.

solidus_snake's Avatar


solidus_snake
04.16.2012 , 08:12 AM | #4
At this point it would be pretty hard to create a third KOTOR game without hamstringing the story so it doesn't interfere with ToR. I know that LucasArts was working on KOTOR III but it got cancelled in 2007/2008.

Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings or even one set during the Legacy era.

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
04.16.2012 , 11:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by solidus_snake View Post
Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings
No Lightsabers then, unless you want to witness nerd rage the likes of which you've never seen
Plus, it's far too removed from the films that it would be hardly recognisable as Star Wars to all but the most ardent of EU buffs.

Quote:
or even one set during the Legacy era.
This would be better than another KoTOR.
It's largely unexplored as it's still being written, which leaves lots of "wriggle room" and it still looks "Star Wars".
Not to mention there's Jedi, Sith and "neutrals" in the shape of the Imperial Knights.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Dylancholy's Avatar


Dylancholy
04.16.2012 , 11:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by solidus_snake View Post

Maybe they could create a new SW RPG either set during the rise of the first force-sensitive beings

There's a new comic series with this premise.

But yeah unless Kotor 3 has a different protagonist, I don't see how it'll happen.
Cause
Spoiler

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
04.16.2012 , 12:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
No Lightsabers then, unless you want to witness nerd rage the likes of which you've never seen
Plus, it's far too removed from the films that it would be hardly recognisable as Star Wars to all but the most ardent of EU buffs.
Actually they did have Lightsabers then, but they where called Protosabers, and had to have a powersource on your back that it was plugged into. It was later on durring a war with Darksiders (possibly the first war with the Sith) that the Darksiders decided to put a battery in the darn thing, and change the name to Lightsaber.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
This would be better than another KoTOR.
It's largely unexplored as it's still being written, which leaves lots of "wriggle room" and it still looks "Star Wars".
Not to mention there's Jedi, Sith and "neutrals" in the shape of the Imperial Knights.
While I agree that a game set in the Legacy era would be awesome, I think that any well written Star Wars game could be profitable, but obviously you can't please everyone or else we wouldn't have any trolls complaining about PVP being imbalanced, or people complaining about Rakghoul plague events.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
In short, not happening.
Bioware banged on for three years that this is KoTOR III. And 4, 5, 6 etc.
This is pretty much Kotor 3 - 100 haha.

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
04.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Actually they did have Lightsabers then, but they where called Protosabers.
Actually they didn't. There weren't even any form of Lightsaber during the Force Wars on Tython, and that's at least two millenia before the Republic was founded in 25,000 BBY, with the first Lightsaber being made 10,000 years after the Republic's founding, and was basically a pile of junk that couldn't last long.
Then there were the "protosabers" with their external power pack, then Lightsabers as we know them.

The Rakatans had Forcesabers, but they were powered by the Dark Side itself.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
04.16.2012 , 03:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elkingoh View Post
man i hope so, non of the stories I played in TOR match up to SWKTOR, story wise TOR is ok, but pvp is a joke, not worth $15 after you beat the game since pvp is ****ed. Unless your an op class or in an imblanced server which is pretty much all of them. I felt great becoming a jedi in KTOR but TOR was so underwelming they should make a third one that has a better starwars feel to it, not just "here is a light saber or blaster, enjoy it since we put the name star wars on all the crapy stories"
IKR, pvp in KOTOR I/II was so much better than in TOR.......
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg