Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Azzras
04.16.2012 , 08:30 AM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
If we're to bring it down to the mythos which has been an emalgamation of popular mythology which is black and white, good vs evil (Quite alot of the Republic mission back story falls well outside of this also). The popularity of Star Wars was down to it's simplicity core values and ties to popular mythology (Bioware has most of the Republic as sadistic profiteers out for only themselves). To answer your question, not In such a blatant sense, not particularly.

George has said on many occassions that EU is not really considered canon which some have used as a justifacation.
Um, this ENTIRE GAME is EU.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 08:31 AM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghaiana View Post
I don't think so, if you go through the threads, it's you (and you made an awful lot of posts about this already) and a few others that complain, but most of the posters like the event. They only don't post about it 100 times.
If you look through all the threads on the rakghoul suff that are active right now, virtually all of the new posters who have joined the threads since this morning don't like it. Most people still like it, but it's not just "a few" that don't. It's a healthy segment of the population.

Dangzing
04.16.2012 , 08:32 AM | #883
I am a pvper who ususally doesn't give a crap about fluff and I think it's fun. Way less cheesy than stupid holiday events and makes the world more immersive.

Wobbyeta
04.16.2012 , 08:32 AM | #884
They do know when u die, wich can take a long time, u get no gear damage? so u dont realy need to spend 2k on vaccince...

Guildrum
04.16.2012 , 08:33 AM | #885
But... But... I like asploding...

Scar
04.16.2012 , 08:35 AM | #886
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
If you look through all the threads on the rakghoul suff that are active right now, virtually all of the new posters who have joined the threads since this morning don't like it. Most people still like it, but it's not just "a few" that don't. It's a healthy segment of the population.
I'm looking through the threads and seeing an almost overwhelming liking of the event...which in itself is EXTREMELY odd on these forums.

Normally this is the center hub of the universe for all things negative of TOR. You would think if it was a "healthy segment of the population" that you would see a LOT more noise seeing how when people get a paper cut they run to the forums to blame TOR.

Suturi
04.16.2012 , 08:35 AM | #887
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I never said I play in or played in one. In fact, exactly the opposite. I said I am not on an RP server.

What I said was that I had a certain amount of RP in me. Perhaps this was a n unclear statement, and I apologize. What I meant was that, though I do not play on an RP server, the way I look at my character has a small amount of RP. In other words, I didn't just choose conversation choices for the best stats, nor will I wear armor just for the stats, etc., but care about the look of it because I do have some idea of "who my character is" and want to keep it that way.

In any case, my logic is very simple:

I like the event, I hate the plague.

Edit: Also, despite what was said all night long, it's becoming more and more apparent across a variety of threads that there are a lot more people that really don't like this than folks tried to insist there were.

With all due respect but after all the people that have gone through real pains and have knocked their heads against the wall to reason with you, I still don't know if you are a subtle troll, if you are on drugs or if you are having a bad day. If it's not the former, my suggestion is to take a cold shower and an ibuprophen, rest a bit a/o make love with your partner. Your brains will appreciate.

EDIT: after seeing your edit and some other posts of yours, i'm definitely inclined to think you are a troll like a rancor. Good day to you sir.

Elhanan
04.16.2012 , 08:35 AM | #888
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangolis View Post
On an Rp server and I love it. It provides some creative fuel to rp. Unless of course some people feel they have to control every aspect of rp to the degree that it is less then creative and strangle the life out of it. The event is a go regardless and I hope to see more.
Pls consider this: one is encouraged by others to meta-game, and discover one can die safely, gather loot via Death, and cash in said trove for goodies. Also, the RP announcements speak of isolation and containment; the Mission and OOC info is to infect others. People play terrorist, and attack others w/o permission. Etc.

As a 35+ year RP vet, it is my experience that such actions are rather frowned upon in the RP community; not promoted.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Quraswren
04.16.2012 , 08:36 AM | #889
Quote: Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Source on the reaction of WoW's scourge invasion reaction?
Large Guild evaluated at the time of the event. Roughly 50/50 as a decent estimate but given how bad the griefing was I'd really say more people hated it than liked it.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Darthvalus
04.16.2012 , 08:37 AM | #890
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundli View Post
There's always someone.. this is why we can't have nice things
Bang on....
'A flame is only ever truly noticed and appreciated when all around that flame is as dark as the void.'
- myself and probably others