Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

dprijadi
04.16.2012 , 02:23 AM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
What you ask is like asking halfway through the WoW Wrath of the Lich King expansion: "You know, I've had enough of undead.. can we not get pandas now?"
Yes you will, just let this story end first before you start your next.
i dont know .. i certainly dont want kungfu panda in SWTOR.. thats borderline stupid imho

AlyxDinas
04.16.2012 , 02:23 AM | #622
Any argument about the plague's negative effect on warzone's implies that 1.2 has warzones worth playing to begin with.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 02:24 AM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by lectotrans View Post
the plague IS the event. recognize that. server life is more lively than it's been since EGA. get over it.
Again, people standing in a corner is not server life. Let me put it this way...

I have been on Tatooine all day long. The planet usually has at most 10 people on it. It has had about 50 people on it all day, most of them level 50s.

Where were they all day... were they waiting for world bosses to respawn? Fighting the opposite faction? Doing the event quests?

Well, they did these things, for a couple of hours....

but then, they disappeared, all on the planet, but all just infecting each other and not really doing anything else.

RDeanOU
04.16.2012 , 02:24 AM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Absolutely, if it hits at the wrong time it can.

For example, the Alderaan Civil War (one of the warzones) is veeerrrrryy often just a matter of who controls the turrets first. Often, they never swap to the other side or the advantage gained early is so large that it cannot be overcome. If a player right at the beginning of the warzone were to stun when he is going to take the left turret (which often is done solo), that may result in the other team getting that turret and de facto winning.

If you search the forums, you'll see a TON of people complaining about how the changes to PvP scoring have made it hard enough as it is to actually get rewards from the warzones and the changes are resulting in many early quits.

A 3 second stun that happens once every 10 minutes or so has made the game completely unplayable when you are getting stunned several times per minute already because it's pvp?

You can't be serious. You can't expect the rest of us to take you seriously.

The effect on pvp is miniscule. It is not even worth noting.

You ever seen one person loudly screaming something in public that everyone knows is completely ridiculous? Maybe that person is holding a sign or wearing weird clothes and everyone walking by just kind of gives them a weird look and wonders what wrong choices that crazy person made in their life that resulted in them standing on a street corner making a fool out of themself.

Ever seen that?

I have.

ConradLionhart
04.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Any argument about the plague's negative effect on warzone's implies that 1.2 has warzones worth playing to begin with.
If warzones were not worth playing to begin with, then there would not be any arguments about the plague's negative effect to begin with.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Fredcat
04.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #626
Ya, everyone stood around the PVP terminal for hours waiting to exploded over and over again on Fatman, epic content Lol. Man peoples expectations of world events are low these days. Guess they never played AC, AO, or WOW...

AlyxDinas
04.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #627
Again, people standing in a corner is not server life. Let me put it this way...

I have been on Tatooine all day long. The planet usually has at most 10 people on it. It has had about 50 people on it all day, most of them level 50s.

Where were they all day... were they waiting for world bosses to respawn? Fighting the opposite faction? Doing the event quests?

Well, they did these things, for a couple of hours....

but then, they disappeared, all on the planet, but all just infecting each other and not really doing anything else.
Then why don't you let them do what they want? Here's a secret: your server doesn't stop on a dime and function how you want it just because you want it to.

Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
If warzones were not worth playing to begin with, then there would not be any arguments about the plague's negative effect to begin with.
Take your recursive argument elsewhere. The point stands. As things are, the plague is the least of PvP's worries.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 02:28 AM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
A 3 second stun that happens once every 10 minutes or so has made the game completely unplayable when you are getting stunned several times per minute already because it's pvp?

You can't be serious. You can't expect the rest of us to take you seriously.

The effect on pvp is miniscule. It is not even worth noting.

You ever seen one person loudly screaming something in public that everyone knows is completely ridiculous? Maybe that person is holding a sign or wearing weird clothes and everyone walking by just kind of gives them a weird look and wonders what wrong choices that crazy person made in their life that resulted in them standing on a street corner making a fool out of themself.

Ever seen that?

I have.
Again, you clearly don't understand warzones. Players who are reasonably good at them (like most lvl 50s) actively manage all those stuns. They know when and when not to use a stun breaker. They know when and when not to stun an opponent, etc. Having one which is not expected thrown in there can make a tremendous difference.

Consider a game of soccer. Imagine the goalkeeper has a medical condition which, once every 90 minutes will cause him to fall down for 3 seconds. It will happen at most once in the entire game - but if it happens at the wrong time, of course is will absolutely ruin the game.

The plague effects warzone players more frequently than that.

Disasterbator
04.16.2012 , 02:28 AM | #629
Let me ask this.... do you think BioWare, when putting together this very cool and exciting event, intended for people to stop doing warzones for the duration? Do you think they intended people to ignore the GTN, or to stand on the fleet all day doing nothing?

I don't think they intended this at all, and I think that had they forseen it they would have done things ever so slightly differently.
I think Bioware intended this (Like all world events in any other MMO i've played) to shake up every aspect of the game as the storyline of this event is an outbreak of a very very infectious disease.

The numbers on this thread speak for itself. There are waaaaay more people saying how great this is as opposed to those saying that it's bad.
"Why Herp.... when one can DERP...."
- Darth Derpah

Varteras
04.16.2012 , 02:30 AM | #630
Really? Still? Are you sure?

I saw that for a while and it was great.

Now, imps and pubs are literally standing next to each other. They drive past each other and don't attack. It's completely dead.
It doesn't matter for what length of time it happened. It doesn't matter if it's not happening now. My point is that I almost never saw open PvP happening on my server. Then suddenly during peak play times I'm watching people getting jumped in Tatooine, groups of Imps and Pubs fighting over a world boss, and people actually deciding to stick around in Outlaw's Den and have at it. It was happening where it hadn't been happening before. So your stance that open PvP was ruined by this was shown to me on my server to be false. Open PvP went from never happening to happening like crazy. If that is in any way going from being non-existent to ruined then pass me whatever it is you're smoking.
Quote:
Unless you're a stockholder, a Bioware employee, or employee of a rival company... if you're on forums and going out of your way to attack or defend a videogame then I would say you're spending way too much energy doing so and not enough energy trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with you.