Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

LordLongus
04.16.2012 , 02:10 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
It is, after all, called a role playing game - this is a tremendous amount of the point of playing it. .
Exactly - it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, and a MULTIPLAYER one at that. To think that you can control all facets of the game and have them to your delight is asinine. If you want something static, set-in-stone, not dynamic and never-will-change, MMOs are not for you...go pick up Skyrim. You keep bringing up "what (you) paid for" but one of the biggest disclaimers was that
"Game experience may change during online play"and has always been a staple of an MMOs user agreement.
CHARSON!!! - Combat Medic Commando Trooper (main)
Masuko - Sharpshooter Gunslinger Smuggler
Destroika - Vengeance Juggernaut Warrior
Day 1 subscriber and member of The Bastion server, pre-merger

OrionsBelt
04.16.2012 , 02:12 AM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
How about.. stopping a massive planetary war between Jawas and Sand people over Salvage Rights..

How about.. Random Imperial / Republic Invasion by Special Forces Drop Pods hitting the Fleet at random locations and need people in Fleet to band together and stop the invaders
Love it! BW please do it!

Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
If you want to have more RAKGHOUL based story, Make an inverse like a good hearthed but ugly looking Rakghoul separatist who want to be your companion ..
Like a pet

I got both! The pale and the crimson! Can't wait til a couple months down the line when I can pop them out and scare the living daylight out of people!
Server: Harbinger - Circle of Darkness
Orionsul Assassin - Tank + Syrus'il Mercenary - DPS
Syrusil Sniper - DPS + Syrusul Sorcerer - Heal

Varteras
04.16.2012 , 02:13 AM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by LordLongus View Post
Exactly - it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, and a MULTIPLAYER one at that. To think that you can control all facets of the game and have them to your delight is asinine. If you want something static, set-in-stone, not dynamic and never-will-change, MMOs are not for you...go pick up Skyrim. You keep bringing up "what (you) paid for" but one of the biggest disclaimers was that
"Game experience may change during online play"and has always been a staple of an MMOs user agreement.
Yeah some of my favorite negative comments towards this event is that it is ruining open PvP. Are you effing serious? It is THANKS to this event that I have been witnessing more open PvP in the last 24 hours than I have in the nearly 4 months this game has been out.
Quote:
Unless you're a stockholder, a Bioware employee, or employee of a rival company... if you're on forums and going out of your way to attack or defend a videogame then I would say you're spending way too much energy doing so and not enough energy trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with you.

ConradLionhart
04.16.2012 , 02:13 AM | #604
Of course, it is effecting both teams equally, but it makes for warzones which are overall less focused on skill. It's problematic.
You explained stuns and resolve bar in great detail, that's nice. But it's not necessary.

In reality, it only happens once every 10 minutes. I really wouldn't call something that happens once every 10 minutes "problematic". Let's assume a warzone lasts 20 mins. You'd only explode 2-3 times over the course of 20 mins.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 02:14 AM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
So a stun that occurs for 3 seconds or so once every 10 minutes makes pvp unplayable?

-_-

Do you realize how completely idiotic you sound?
Absolutely, if it hits at the wrong time it can.

For example, the Alderaan Civil War (one of the warzones) is veeerrrrryy often just a matter of who controls the turrets first. Often, they never swap to the other side or the advantage gained early is so large that it cannot be overcome. If a player right at the beginning of the warzone were to stun when he is going to take the left turret (which often is done solo), that may result in the other team getting that turret and de facto winning.

If you search the forums, you'll see a TON of people complaining about how the changes to PvP scoring have made it hard enough as it is to actually get rewards from the warzones and the changes are resulting in many early quits.

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 02:15 AM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by lectotrans View Post
apparently my server disagrees. this event is all anyone has been doing on mine for the last six hours.
Mine too. It's all I've done all day!

The plague is a different story.

People need to recognize that those who are objecting are not objecting to the event, but only to the way the plague debuff is working and the negative impacts its having on server life.

DieAlteHexe
04.16.2012 , 02:16 AM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by cashrender View Post
It's still not griefing when they get somethign for it. Moreso, is if they infect someoen they get credit toward a quest !! that means free XP for exploding on people.

yeah, helpign peole get currency and free XP is *totally* griefing.
Eh, I'm not sure "getting something for it" erases the argument that some folks don't want to participate for whatever reason.

Kind of like I slap you upside the head and then give you a fiver. That'd make it all better, right? And yeah, I know you're likely to say: Sure!

I think it's a fun event, I lost track of how many times I died doing it on one character because the 'Net gods saw fit to give me a craptacular connect yesterday. Today it looks great and I will be having a lot of fun doing it and, this time, actually getting to see something other than every 5th frame.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

LordLongus
04.16.2012 , 02:16 AM | #608
I can assure you that this is an entirely inaccurate statement, both as pertains to my personal life and as regards the support for the event.

Again, the support for the event is very high.

The support for the plague facet of it is, I believe, not. On the forums is it popular? Yes. I do not believe it is popular amongst the majority of players, most of whom do not post here.
Are you kidding? TOR forums are notorious around gaming for being filled with never satisfied whiners and complainers; gamers who hate just to hate. If the vast majority are in support of this event ON THESE FORUMS then you'd better believe that Allah himself is joyously running around the Fleet infecting people
CHARSON!!! - Combat Medic Commando Trooper (main)
Masuko - Sharpshooter Gunslinger Smuggler
Destroika - Vengeance Juggernaut Warrior
Day 1 subscriber and member of The Bastion server, pre-merger

Elendil_PL
04.16.2012 , 02:16 AM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Varteras View Post
THANKS to this event that I have been witnessing more open PvP in the last 24 hours than I have in the nearly 4 months this game has been out.
This 10/10.

Thx Bio for yesterday's fun Want more...
Not English Native Speaker...

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 02:16 AM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
A yes, the famous: "Only 5% of players use this forum and everyone who agrees with me is the other 95%" argument.

Sorry, but that does not fly. Especially considering how undividedly possitive all responses were last night.

Heck, I was in an RP event last night when someone came in and exploded. We just rolled with it and had a laugh as we continued with our Pazaak tournament after everyone was vaccinated.

Sorry, but no. You are the very small minority here.
One cannot deny that there is a particular type of player who posts on forums, and that the general view of the game of those who do not post is typically fairly different, no?