Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

DieAlteHexe
04.16.2012 , 12:17 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I can't imagine how terrible this is for people just trying to level and do their quests on Tatooine, only to have a pack of 30 opposite faction 50s come and corpse camp them all day.

They even have enough to kill all the defenses at almost every medical respawn area and repeatedly kill you there, but even if they aren't doing that, there's certainly no way most level 25s are able to do ANY Dune sea material.
Happened to me. I still have no idea how I ended up flagged but somehow I did. I was experiencing major lag spikes so half the time (for about an hour) I was seeing a slide show. Anyway, I got ganked about 15 times...seriously. Heh. It was like a feeding frenzy. The opposition would stealth at quest objectives and pop out and BOOM, corp por, you suck.

But y'know what? No harm, no foul. Flag wore off, connect issues (on my route, naught to do with BW) settled down and I carried on.

After a bit I got my 27 out who was already on Tattooine and know what? He didn't have any issues at all. Just went about his questing as normal. Oh and took him to Fleet for crew skill training and even though there were a LOT of people infected, he was easily able to avoid it.

I dunno, guys, I mean I understand to a point getting grouchy about people interfering with what you were doing, but it's just for a short while and really, it can be avoided even without the vaccine.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

DieAlteHexe
04.16.2012 , 12:22 AM | #512
Yes, because all the level 50s trying to get the world bosses and dailies done without the other faction interuppting are just happy to take several hours to go protect a guy while he quests.
That reminds me! A lvl. 50 pasted me (impressively quickly) in a puddle on the ground. Then all of a sudden he said: Oh! I am sorry! I didn't see that you weren't level 50.

That's a first!

Of course, the rest of 'em were like rabid weasels and camping med centers but it's simple enough to wait 'til they get bored and go flying off elsewhere.

Erimi
04.16.2012 , 12:27 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
That reminds me! A lvl. 50 pasted me (impressively quickly) in a puddle on the ground. Then all of a sudden he said: Oh! I am sorry! I didn't see that you weren't level 50.

That's a first!

Of course, the rest of 'em were like rabid weasels and camping med centers but it's simple enough to wait 'til they get bored and go flying off elsewhere.
Lol, that's pretty entertaining.

DieAlteHexe
04.16.2012 , 12:29 AM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by cashrender View Post
It should make all their characters look like Carebears
I'd do it just for that! How silly fun that would be for awhile.

lectotrans
04.16.2012 , 12:30 AM | #515
It's also not the most active time of day for the forums, and I maintain that if this goes on more than a couple of days, you will start to see a tremendous number of complaints. Give it time. This will get old fast.
it's perfectly avoidable. stop trying to ruin the fun everyone else is having with this new dynamic event they've got going.
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Stellin
04.16.2012 , 12:31 AM | #516
The general consensus of my server is that this event is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 12:35 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Happened to me. I still have no idea how I ended up flagged but somehow I did. I was experiencing major lag spikes so half the time (for about an hour) I was seeing a slide show. Anyway, I got ganked about 15 times...seriously. Heh. It was like a feeding frenzy. The opposition would stealth at quest objectives and pop out and BOOM, corp por, you suck.

But y'know what? No harm, no foul. Flag wore off, connect issues (on my route, naught to do with BW) settled down and I carried on.

After a bit I got my 27 out who was already on Tattooine and know what? He didn't have any issues at all. Just went about his questing as normal. Oh and took him to Fleet for crew skill training and even though there were a LOT of people infected, he was easily able to avoid it.

I dunno, guys, I mean I understand to a point getting grouchy about people interfering with what you were doing, but it's just for a short while and really, it can be avoided even without the vaccine.
You must be on a PvE server. On PvP servers, there is no unflagging to help people actually get through their quests.

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 12:38 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by lectotrans View Post
it's perfectly avoidable. stop trying to ruin the fun everyone else is having with this new dynamic event they've got going.
Stop trying to keep the fun ruined for all those who are not having fun with it.

See how easy that is?

Look, the reality of it is that right now, many are greatly enjoying things. Others are not. A well thought out dynamic event would be able to please both groups.

It's not a problem of every game not being able to please everyone, because all of these people did enjoy the game to be playing it in the first place. It's a matter of some people who did enjoy the game hating what's going on, and others loving it. Is there really no way to make it work for both?

lectotrans
04.16.2012 , 12:41 AM | #519
Stop trying to keep the fun ruined for all those who are not having fun with it.

See how easy that is?

Look, the reality of it is that right now, many are greatly enjoying things. Others are not. A well thought out dynamic event would be able to please both groups.

It's not a problem of every game not being able to please everyone, because all of these people did enjoy the game to be playing it in the first place. It's a matter of some people who did enjoy the game hating what's going on, and others loving it. Is there really no way to make it work for both?
the reality is , you're a bunch of crybabies. there are ways available for you to opt out, use them and shut up already. they are trying to please those who complain, no matter what bioware does, by preemptively giving those who don't wish to participate the means to do so.

so effectively you're crying for nothing. hurray for forum QQrs!!
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Tricky-Ha
04.16.2012 , 12:44 AM | #520

See how easy that is?

I hate to even bring this up, but I do because I can...

BioWare gave us all a free month. Maybe the Plague will last a month, maybe it won't, anyways, that month is free & costs us all nothing. If you're so unhappy, you could probably opt to not play for a while at no cost to yourself, y'know? Just a thought is all...
You don't know about me, You don't know about me
I'm a gangster , I'm a gangster
I'm a player, I'm a player