Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Erimi
04.15.2012 , 09:51 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Well of course, forums are NEVER a good indication of actual community feeling. It's just a sample of largely a particular type of people who are more inclined to make noise on a forum.

When it comes to something like this plague, that is going to encompass two sets of people - those who really like to QQ in the forums, and those who really like to QQ against QQers. Your every day player who just plays the game and doesn't bother with things like this are more into the routine, and I can say that most people in game seem more confused than anything.

Again, the event itself is great and I think most everyone would agree. Where people are upset, when they are, is that it's something which is inescapably distracting from their experience, as opposed to adding to it. If it was purely something else to experience while still being able to enjoy the rest of the game as well, nobody would complain.

As it is, it feels like a completely different game and it's pretty annoying. (At least on my server People aren't queing for PvP. They're not trying to find groups for FPs. They're not buying stuff from the GTN. They're not doing all the things that make the game fun day to day. Part of it is that they're distracted by Tatooine, which I find fairly annoying but I suppose there isn't much to be done there. (Again, I like people doing the Tatooine stuff, but they're not doing it and moving on but are rather ignoring everything else and spending all day there). Part of it, however, is people not wanting to deal with the plague right now and so staying away from the normal social areas.
That's why I mentioned in-game. When WoW did their zombie event, there was full on hate and complaints in the general chats. There's nothing like that on my server. All I see is people helping each other find where the stuff is/how to do it.

ferroz
04.15.2012 , 09:52 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundli View Post
No you!

But seriously, if there was no way to avoid infection you might have a point, but there is.. several. If it's inconvinient for you then I'm sorry but it's still not griefing.
No, right now there's no way to avoid it without having to spend money (which is being griefed) or avoid fleet (which is being griefed).

Rakenshi
04.15.2012 , 09:54 PM | #403
How much is the DNA going for again?

ferroz
04.15.2012 , 09:54 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Sheridan View Post
Its made quite clear both the Republic and Imperials are trying to contain the plague. As such traveling to the fleets or Drummond Kass / Coruscant should either not be possible or NPCs at the spaceport exits will one-shot anyone infected.

Big crowds of 20 - 30 people not logging out and standing in the fleet is intentional abuse of the mechanics which causes intentional / unintentional griefing of players that do not want to be infected.
Seems pretty logical to me.

Erimi
04.15.2012 , 09:56 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Fine, then define griefing by your standard.
Griefing is intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay. An good example of the difference can be found with world pvp. If I go and kill you in the world, you were inconvenienced but we played by the game rules. If I sit on your corpse, follow you every time you respawn and kill you over and over, I'm griefing. IF I whisper you asking you to heal for me but you don't want to, at worst you were inconvenienced responding to me. If I keep sapming you with 'heal my group', I'm griefing you. If I kill your mob before you while you were questing, that's being inconvenienced. If I followed you everywhere and killed mobs before you did, I'm griefing.

Musezy
04.15.2012 , 09:57 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by cashrender
They aren't abusing it... they're *supposed* to go and infect people. It's a quest... which means you should go do it.
^^^This.

These people actually have a quest called "Plaguebearer" that says, "Infect other players: 0/10"

They are NOT griefing you. They are playing the game and trying to complete their quests. If you don't want to be infected just don't stand next to someone that is. Easy solution. Heck I've been TRYING to get infected for about an hour and I can't seem to do it. LOL!
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.

cashrender
04.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
If it's preventing people from doing what they'd normally do, and caused specifically by a player's actions in a non-pvp situation, that's pretty clearly griefing, eh?
Except, if you're out doign that stuff, your chanced of beign infected are pretty slim unless your friend or guildie is chasing you down. Even then, you could havegotten it removed before going after the champion.
╬THE CORUSCANT VANGUARD╬

Republic Guild Featuring A Dark & Mature RP Style, PvP, & Social-Leveling.
- CE VIP | Squadron 11-11-11 *Never Forget*

Erimi
04.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
No, right now there's no way to avoid it without having to spend money (which is being griefed) or avoid fleet (which is being griefed).
The developers put the antidote in the game for the sole purpose of letting people buy it if they don't want the plague. You cannot call a planed in-game mechanic like that griefing. You can complain about their design but don't abuse the word griefing. That's like when people call anyone that disagrees with them 'trolls'.

ferroz
04.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Erimi View Post
Griefing is intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay
Other way around

intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay is Griefing

Causing people to have to spend money to avoid an area of the game to prevent you from infecting them with a debuff that will kill them is also griefing.

Greyle
04.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #410
Somebody's always gotta complain about something I guess.
Darth Kaa'tana 50 Juggernaut Master G'reyle 55 Guardian
Master Judaes 50 Sentinel Darth Venim 50 Marauder
Darth An'ath 50 Sorcerer Darth G'alen 55 Juggernaut