Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

jhartel
04.15.2012 , 07:41 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafroog View Post
you dont, you only need legacy level 6, and with 2 35s you should have that pretty much by now
They are on seperate servers
AN OLD HOPE | The Bastion Thall | Montief | Týr | Loghain
THE SITH INQUISITION | Ajunta Pall Nokrt | Fédéric
Mandalore the Indomitable Cephi | Celriador

va_wanderer
04.15.2012 , 07:42 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
There is impact. If someone doesn't want to die every half hour or so, they need to shell out money. If it's a new character, they may not have that kind of creds. Dying 20 minutes into a mission it took 19 to get to the middle of is not fun. And last I checked, most people played games to have fun. As for what's fun for them, that's their call to make, not yours.
I'd be amazed if you're getting infected out in the boonies- the only places I've seen it happening was on Tatooine itself or the Fleet. For the former, it's 2K ever six hours for vaccinations- and if you're on Tatooine, you darn well HAVE 2K handy. And you can carry tons of them. They stack. On fleet, you jump over a railing, bottomless pit fall-scream-respawn-cured for no repair cost.

Handy that most places PC's will infect offer easy "suicide" outs that won't hurt you a bit.

Quote:
And for the record, no one has to infect anyone. People made the choice. It would be considerate of them to choose to infect only those who at least look like they can get the cure (either by quest or by creds). That's all I am saying. I'm not against the event per se, just the people who are going out of their way to annoy people, especially low level characters on starter worlds. If the cure cost so little any level could afford it, or there was a way to limit it by level or world to make those starters off limits, I'd be totally fine with it. Absent that, would a tiny bit of self-restraint really kill anyone?
Personally, for future events I'd like to see the infection cause you to become hostile to NPC's- but that dying with such an infection is automatically zero repair, regardless of how it happens. Yes, that would mean it'd actually be a "free repair" once per infection cycle even if you jumped in front of a group of L50 hostiles and got obliterated, but I think it's fair.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

Darth_Gao_Gao
04.15.2012 , 07:42 PM | #223
serious dude? this was a fun event for literally everyone i met. and again, most people WANTED to get infected, for the sake of fun.

today during a raid we all wiped because one member exploded, and it was pretty funny. how mad would this make you? i'd pay for a recording.

you are one strange person. just quit and get out.

Elhanan
04.15.2012 , 07:42 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
Welcome to democracy.
A vote is supposedly equal; evidently opinions are not.....
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Fiachsidhe
04.15.2012 , 07:43 PM | #225
People keep saying that those not amused by the this feature are hating the fun and excitement. "Booooo...why do you hate fun?!"
Really?!?

I mean I don't really have an issue with this crap, as I'm barely on as is.

But is this game THAT stale, and trite already, that standing around passing off a glowing green debuff that simply kills the infected, and gives five tokens that can be used to purchase maybe one pet and bunch of green color crystals -is somehow a refreshing change of pace?

Reminds me of the lame zombie event from WoW, except there is a slight reward potential. Definitely not as bad though. That was designed just to grief people. This way easier to avoid.

mothear
04.15.2012 , 07:45 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
There is impact. If someone doesn't want to die every half hour or so, they need to shell out money. If it's a new character, they may not have that kind of creds. Dying 20 minutes into a mission it took 19 to get to the middle of is not fun. And last I checked, most people played games to have fun. As for what's fun for them, that's their call to make, not yours.

And for the record, no one has to infect anyone. People made the choice. It would be considerate of them to choose to infect only those who at least look like they can get the cure (either by quest or by creds). That's all I am saying. I'm not against the event per se, just the people who are going out of their way to annoy people, especially low level characters on starter worlds. If the cure cost so little any level could afford it, or there was a way to limit it by level or world to make those starters off limits, I'd be totally fine with it. Absent that, would a tiny bit of self-restraint really kill anyone?
Are you suggesting you can't rez on the spot? If this is correct I can understand, but I don't believe that this is correct.

You die every 20 minutes (max) but suffer no penalty in the way of credit cost, where is the impact?

I say again, I hated the WoW zonbie plague but I just don't understand how anyone can oppose this.

Durasturan
04.15.2012 , 07:47 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
No; I am out 2k out of the 6k I had at the time to get an innoculation. I did not know that Death was to be exploited; simply informed via RP to avoid infecting others.

And when a Mission involves attacking another Player, that would seem to be PvP by definition. And by not asking others if they wish to be involved in their play, this could be considered Griefing by those that want no part of the Space Zombie storyline.

As for those that were considering QQ because they did not get the 30 free days originally; nice to see you value others even less.
So ask someone in your guild for 2k, I just put 800k in my guild's bank over the past 2 days, this is one of those things the guild bank exist for.

Not in a guild? Ask in general chat, ask a stranger, ask a 50, most wouldnt blink at giving you 20k much less 2k if you seemed to genuinely need it and aren't just a beggar.

And since you seem to keep ignoring this over and over and over, SELL THE DNA THEY ARE EACH WORTH 2X MORE THAN ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE

lollermittens
04.15.2012 , 07:48 PM | #228
This event is a carbon copy (once again) of a staple WoW event.

BW proves that they're not interested in anything remotely creative.

terminova
04.15.2012 , 07:49 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by cashrender View Post
It's not griefing when *you* get a reward for it happening to you. Seriously, you benefit from it and you still complain? This si what's wrong with people these days.
It is when you do not wish to participate.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!

Skolops
04.15.2012 , 07:49 PM | #230
Honestly, it was fun - for a day. At this point, its old, and I really would like to see the game the way it was.