Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Saahh
04.16.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1081
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Ok, so, you've hit on one tremendouslyI think this is going to last a month, maybe more. I think it's going to go to all the other planets - they fleet announcement is basically saying so at this point.
If they do this right, it will get worse before it goes away. (i hope i hope, immersive, interactive live events are so much fun to me)

If they cave and listen to the highly inflated 10% you suggest, and end this early or very soon because of players, like you, being included in said event without the ability to opt out... I will cry, and post on the forums. oicwhutudidthar

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1082
Quote: Originally Posted by Blistrich View Post
This. This. This. This.

Post of the day, sir. Well done.
COMPLETELY disagree.

Skyrim has no multiplayer facets at all.

What has been added here is not a strictly multiplayer facet. It's something that can be done as a multiplayer community, but it's that multiplayer base drawing on the PvE environment.

I liked Swtor because it had the ability to play with, socialize with, and interact with other people that Skyrim does not, but it did not have the random changes that many other games incorporate.

Feluraunt
04.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1083
I like spreading the disease... I am sorry that some may not have liked it, I think it is a trivial thing to complain about when there are much bigger things to... QQ over.

Still, to each their own.

For me, (I know you're just dying to know what I think) I was happy to see a world event take place in the game. Kudos for BioWare in creating a social event for all ages (levels) in a MMO game. I think about the only thing I didn't like was the repetitive news reports interrupting my conversations with companions... but, somehow I found the will to survive that onslaught.

It [World Event] might be a little late, and it does come on the heals of some very heated and problematic issues in-game [Declining Population, Game Bugs, Expectations], but at least it is not stagnate, they [BioWare] are doing something and trying to make it [SWTOR] somewhat fun again.

My suggestion for you and anyone with issues about the world event is to remove the wall you've built and try to enjoy what the majority of other users are enjoying... It is not as tragic as you might think.
Insolence :
For the Empire!- The Ebon Hawk

Miyaka
04.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1084
The number is far more than 10%.

But the worst thing is that in this case, it wouldn't have to make anyone unhappy. I am certain it could have been designed in such a way to allow you to still have your infectious fun while allowing others to avoid it completely.

And in any case, what if this event was precisely the same, but that plague concept was never implemented, and you never heard of or thought about it. Would you not enjoy the whole rest of it?

If not, then I'd say that it's not the game you're enjoying, but the (what I'd consider childish) game of blowing up in goop.

If so, then why put this in at all, when everyone could enjoy everything else without causing anyone and unhappiness?

Link the number of people who are unhappy then, if you please.
Because other than this thread....I've yet to see or hear from a single person in game who is ticked off about the event.

OH NOES! Childishness!!!!!!! IN A GAME!
*faints dead away, clutching her pearls* I also laugh at fart jokes. Lock me away!!!!!!!
Back to the serious part....

It's funny..because I saw a group of 100 or more people on our Fleet ship just standing around infecting each other...laughing..and having a great time.
I never saw a single person get mad..yell at anyone....or rage about getting blown up on.
A vaccine is 2k, it lasts for 6 hours.
Big Whoop.

And as I said....Nothing BioWare ever does is going to be 100% okay with everyone.
It will never happen.
If "childish" things like blowing up in green goo offends you and ruins your in game experience...
Then I suggest that you may not want to be involved in anything that has the word "game" in the title.

They put it in game because the devs enjoyed it..and thought players would too. And guess what?
They were right.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)

Valkirus
04.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1085
Quote: Originally Posted by Tesserhorn View Post
There is a mass of morons are near all shuttle elevators and bank and warzone daily, getting on or off the fleet is a pain. Maybe it is just my server but it is annoying.
Yes. But it seems many others get a kick out of anoying others.
Trust is something which is earned.

miglor
04.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by Populism View Post
OP is a very successful troll. 101 pages.
Whats sad is he's not, I'm in his guild.

Blistrich
04.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1087
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
Have 800+ hrs of Skyrim
I hear they're doing a sequel to the movie Powder...

DieAlteHexe
04.16.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1088
Quote: Originally Posted by Tesserhorn View Post
There is a mass of morons are near all shuttle elevators and bank and warzone daily, getting on or off the fleet is a pain. Maybe it is just my server but it is annoying.
Ah well. Guess all I can say is that I am sorry you are inconvenienced and dislike it. I got camped big time yesterday and ganked 15 or 16 times which I think is poor form as well but hey, it's a nasty ol' world out there, innit?

I think it's great fun but, hopefully, you won't suffer overmuch from it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1089
Quote: Originally Posted by ZDProletariat View Post
But you don't need to spend it at all. Sigh people these days...
I refuse to get infected. I hate it. I think its stupid. The part of me that likes role playing, as opposed to just grinding and playing the Skinner's Box, can't bear the thought of willfully contracting a disease. I will pay 1,000,000 credits before I let myself explode from this inane thing once, because no real person would ever do that.

That's just how I feel. Others do not. I respect that.

Blistrich
04.16.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1090
COMPLETELY disagree.

Skyrim has no multiplayer facets at all.

What has been added here is not a strictly multiplayer facet. It's something that can be done as a multiplayer community, but it's that multiplayer base drawing on the PvE environment.

I liked Swtor because it had the ability to play with, socialize with, and interact with other people that Skyrim does not, but it did not have the random changes that many other games incorporate.
You missed the whole point.

You're playing an MMO. "Events" that take place here are not in your control.

That comes with the genre you're playing.

That was the point.