Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Repub vs Imperial Legacy Heroic Ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Repub vs Imperial Legacy Heroic Ability

Knightmayre
04.15.2012 , 04:03 PM | #1
Oh yeah, that's real fair that Legacy Imperial Agents get Orbital Strike and Smugglers get Dirty Kick? Really???? I realize the cooldown for these is ridiculous, but it's only fair! Please give the Smugglers XS Freighter and then we'll call it even with the Imperial Agents!!

MinionOfEckerd
04.15.2012 , 04:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightmayre View Post
Oh yeah, that's real fair that Legacy Imperial Agents get Orbital Strike and Smugglers get Dirty Kick? Really???? I realize the cooldown for these is ridiculous, but it's only fair! Please give the Smugglers XS Freighter and then we'll call it even with the Imperial Agents!!
/facepalm

They really really do hate Smugglers... don't they?

Yvin
04.15.2012 , 04:10 PM | #3
Hello there!

If you have a level 50 Agent and a level 50 Smuggler, you will be able to gain both of their Legacy abilities. Please see this statement by Daniel Erickson, Lead Game Designer, from the March 30th Community Q&A:

Quote:
Clone_troope: I still don’t get how the Legacy system works. I have a level 50 Jedi Knight Guardian and a level 50 Smuggler Scoundrel. With the Legacy system can one ‘inherit’ the abilities of the other and vice versa?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Each class has one iconic ability that can be unlocked for your entire Legacy, which means every character on your chosen server. This ability is only available for use during the Heroic Moment ability (which means you need to have your companion with you, and that you only have a limited window to use it). In your case, that means your Guardian would unlock Legacy Force Sweep and your Scoundrel would unlock Legacy Dirty Kick. Each could then use the other’s ability as could any additional Legacy characters you might have, or create.
Hope that clears up any confusion!

NO_Walking
04.15.2012 , 04:12 PM | #4
And then the people with a lvl 50 agent and a lvl 50 smuggler will get ripped off because both legacy abilities are the same.....they're different for a reason. A Repub player will be able to use orbital strike too if they have a lvl 50 agent.
THE WITCHER LEGACY - Ven Zallow Server
VIVEC - Shadow ROSHI - Guardian GERALT - Vanguard JANEWAY - Gunslinger

Aetou
04.15.2012 , 05:20 PM | #5
An extra stun is arguably more useful than a 3s cast ability that does a lot of AOE damage (but Heroic Moments are usually used in boss fights, so it isn't always that needed.)

Bartes
04.16.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
An extra stun is arguably more useful than a 3s cast ability that does a lot of AOE damage (but Heroic Moments are usually used in boss fights, so it isn't always that needed.)
oh really? In PvP maybe but heroic ability does not work in WZ only in some random open world pvp situation. But look at FPs or Bosses where 3 ppl with "agent buffed" player, preff smug, can use both XS and Orbital strike. I would say nice extra damage.

Also, but don't quote me on this, I believe that 2pc bonus from BM will boost both XS and OS.
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

MWidowmaker
04.16.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
its another stun/interrupt, so, i have no complaints....

for the record i have a 50 agent and 50 sith warrior, and i make gratuitous use of force choke and orbital strike with my smuggler
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Harlequintwo
04.16.2012 , 01:59 PM | #8
Hang on. Since when did any class besides the Smuggler have an XS Freighter?

Also, it's bad(azz) enough that Agents can double Orbital Strike, imagine if they have a freakin' ship carbet bombing as well. Unbalanced much? Besides, Dirty Kick is pretty cool on it's own.

Gassygunslinger
04.16.2012 , 04:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
Hang on. Since when did any class besides the Smuggler have an XS Freighter?

Also, it's bad(azz) enough that Agents can double Orbital Strike, imagine if they have a freakin' ship carbet bombing as well. Unbalanced much? Besides, Dirty Kick is pretty cool on it's own.

Said other class doesn't need an XS, they only need to know somebody with one (AKA your level 50 smuggler).

But while I was originally feeling like some of you who think Smugglers got screwed, I will say two things. One, 4 seconds of stun that isn't interrupted by damage is incredibly valuable. Two, there is nothing more iconic to a Smuggler.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Pdarkk
04.20.2012 , 05:40 AM | #10
i think the imps unlock better abilities for each class of the legacy which is really annoying because i have imps on one server and reps on another (did this to join friends who had chosen different servers) i mean jedi knight unlocks force sweep and sith get force choke? like wth? jedi shouldve at least unlocked throw but force sweep is that a joke?