Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

tiptaptoe
04.16.2012 , 04:22 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
The healer nerfs were insignificant. I healed as a sorc for all the encounters on 8 hard mode on the PTS, and I didn't notice anything meaningful other than I had to manage my force better.
Also ran with two Sorc healers for all fights, and it hasnt been an issue, just as you say better force management required from players.

krinaman
04.16.2012 , 06:49 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
Let's try something:
Let's say that yes, raids are to hard right now so we nerf it down a bit or a lot depending on your viewpoint. We get one of the guilds or pugs or whatever it is to try it.

"Well we beat Story mode pretty easily, let's try hard mode"

They get *********** DESTROYED.

They come back here and state, hard mode is to hard it needs to be easier.

Since story-mode isn't difficult enough anymore to challenge the player and make him think and react to prepare him or her for hard-mode Bioware has a few choices:

A: Make story-mode harder -> the guilds go back to not finishing story-mode and quit or complain or whatever

B: Ignore them -> .... actually I don't see a downside to this one

C: Nerf hard-mode down so it is doable for the "Casual Player" -> and soon to follow nerfing Nightmare-mode and so on and so forth.

tl;dr: Game is easy enough with some effort, make it any easier and it will not require any effort.
So your argument is everything should be made for "hardcores" because if you give anything at all to "casuals" they will want more?

I guess the "hardcores" are a good example of that, wanting every level of the raid for themselves.

But whatever, we all know who is going to "win" this. The only question is will just story mode get nerfed or will it be a complete across the board nerf to all levels.

hawkeyesfan
04.16.2012 , 06:52 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
What I believe is that content should be challenging not that 90% of the population should go play something else. In fact some content in many other MMOs before raiding DID require you to die a bunch of times to complete it, or to figure out what you were doing wrong. It taught you how to properly play your class and to pay attention to what is going on. That is gone now, allowing people to faceroll their way to 50, or for some who can't even manage that to call a level 50 friend in to do it for them while they autofollow, and then walk into a tier 2 raid expecting to do the same. If it doesn't require some effort what is the point of having it there anyway? If, spending a half hour to an hour learning what is supposed to be the one of the harder encounters in a game is to much for people where the **** is it going to end?

Let's try something:
Let's say that yes, raids are to hard right now so we nerf it down a bit or a lot depending on your viewpoint. We get one of the guilds or pugs or whatever it is to try it.

"Well we beat Story mode pretty easily, let's try hard mode"

They get *********** DESTROYED.

They come back here and state, hard mode is to hard it needs to be easier.

Since story-mode isn't difficult enough anymore to challenge the player and make him think and react to prepare him or her for hard-mode Bioware has a few choices:

A: Make story-mode harder -> the guilds go back to not finishing story-mode and quit or complain or whatever

B: Ignore them -> .... actually I don't see a downside to this one

C: Nerf hard-mode down so it is doable for the "Casual Player" -> and soon to follow nerfing Nightmare-mode and so on and so forth.

tl;dr: Game is easy enough with some effort, make it any easier and it will not require any effort.
This won't happen. I imagine < 1% of people in general post on forums. So the people complaining about content being too easy were more serious raiders. The casual people are not gonna post here very often for 2 reasons. 1 They are too busy playing and enjoying the game and 2 why open yourself to forum ridicule from morons with bad grammar who cannot tell the difference between to and too, your and you're, and their they're and there.

No I imagine the casuals were enjoying normal EV/KP just fine. It was/is a few hour escape for them where they went in and were able to clear content and feel like a raider. If they venture into HMs and then complain then I completely agree witht the L2P better. But I saw very few posts that were..."Hi I'm super casual Steve and my guild went into HMs last night after weeks and weeks of clearing normal modes. These are too hard please nerf."

Ruuprect
04.16.2012 , 07:40 AM | #54
It is awsome that it is hard. It takes more than 1 try to complete it, and trying to figure out the bosses is awsome.

Unfortunately the bads will complain that they cant kill the first boss and it will get nerfed. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts, it took us 2 hours to get to the 3rd boss, this is still too easy but it is much more fun than facerolling SM/HM EV/KP.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Kerotan
04.16.2012 , 08:35 AM | #55
The raid is easy. My guild has gone in with no knowledge of the raid at all on HM and we are pretty much 3/4. More than likely would be cleared if we could have raided every day from release.

Players are just bad and cba figured out your not meant to do X, and its not a simple tank and spank fights.

Do not nerf Denova or I will quit the game.
<Insomnia>
Sleep is for the weak
www.Insomnia-Guild.net

Remulan
04.16.2012 , 09:11 AM | #56
I'm pretty sure there is a large difference between 8 man story mode and 16 man story mode. 16 man is tuned pretty tightly for the enrage timer, even for full rakata raids. I have a feeling all the people saying that they easily beat the bosses after a few attempts were doing it on 8 man.

Tormentist
04.16.2012 , 09:14 AM | #57
Lol this was already nerfed when it was on PTS.

Leave it as is please..
*** Darth Tormentist ***
<Catalyst>
Vulkar Highway

Glorionn
04.16.2012 , 09:17 AM | #58
Yeah 8 man was one shottable with bare information on the fight. Havnt tried 16 man yet.
Glor - CommandoGlorion - Guardian
Glory - SageGlorific - Gunslinger
Harlequin of Master Dar'nala

hawkeyesfan
04.16.2012 , 09:21 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerotan View Post
The raid is easy. My guild has gone in with no knowledge of the raid at all on HM and we are pretty much 3/4. More than likely would be cleared if we could have raided every day from release.

Players are just bad and cba figured out your not meant to do X, and its not a simple tank and spank fights.

Do not nerf Denova or I will quit the game.
Op said story mode too difficult for the target audience. Not HMs. I think too many people are seeing these posts and either assume people are meaning HMs. Or HM level raiders are just sour grapes and don't want casuals to have their fun too. The same thing happened with LFR in WoW. That passed when people realized that normal mode WoW raids are still for regular guilds and HMs are for progression guilds. Same thing here people.

But thanks for coming in late in the post and assuming you know the context of the whole post...

Maestrodomus
04.16.2012 , 09:36 AM | #60
Not to be a douche, but if you think the first encounter is tough wait till you get to the second one. We're running in 16, but it's still pretty tough on 8 form what I gather.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]