Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

TheRealCandyMan
04.23.2012 , 10:34 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
I think it's a challenge, and I like that aspect of it.

I don't like that it drops Rakata and Black Hole Coms though. It's not consistent with the difficulty. Each boss should at least have a chance to drop the next tier of gear.
Rakata is the next "tier" above Columi. Story mode EV/KP drops Columi > Story mode EC drops Rakata. How this isn't fair is beyond me.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Iandayen
04.23.2012 , 11:18 AM | #192
If they nerf Story Mode bosses in EC - then they need to lower the loot.

Right now it's black hole commendations and rakata gear.

Make it drop the same as nightmare EV/KP if you want it nerfed to be easier than the previous tier.

No more black hole comms from chests or bosses and one piece of Rakata with an exotech piece or something.

If you aren't going to do hard mode, then you don't need the gear do you?

You can't have everything handed to you for free, you have to work for it. This holds true in ALL areas of life and video games. Even in wow, the pathetically easy raid finder drops gear that really isn't worth it for people who are doing normal and heroics. You can't even begin to access gear that good unless you are actually raiding.

In life just because a class in school is too hard, you can't get it nerfed because you can't get a passing grade. You can't just have money handed to you because you are poor and don't like it.

Grow up. You can't have everything you want delivered to you on a silver platter and then fed to you by someone using a golden spoon.
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com

Crankyhobo
04.23.2012 , 11:50 AM | #193
A large portion of the player base is semi-casual, for many due to real-life constraints like work and kids.

I think story-mode should be within reach of the majority of 50s with decent gear (columi+some rakata) for the purpose of enjoying the new content, you would think retaining the monthly payment from these players would be incentive enough. Right now it is WAY too hard. We dont want access to the best possible gear, make it drop columi and keep the good stuff locked away on hard and nightmare... we just want to have some slice of the fun.

If you're so cool as to beat this in columi wearing an eye-patch then cool, hard and nightmare mode should be designed for you where hard mode is very hard and nightmare requires the perfect class composition and top-notch players with top-notch gear.

TheGhostAgent
04.23.2012 , 11:56 AM | #194
You cannot be serious... story mode too hard? It's easy mode as is. Pugs are running them and downing them without breaking a sweat. My guild busted thorugh 4/4 HM and I've been part of 4/4 story mode pug runs on my alts. If a pug group who have never met or played together before can blow through a raid in one night, there is absolutely no excuse for anyone else to not do the same. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the sentiment in this thread and say, L2P or have your guildies/friends learn their class. If they nerfed it and made it any easier, you may as well just go into the instance, click a button, and collect loot. We even had one of our healers switch into a dps spec with healing gear for ***** n giggles to try out another healer in 16m. We still blew through the raid in no time.

If you're telling me random pugs and people screwing around playing a spec they've never played before and in completely inappropiate gear can down content and you can't. I'm afraid the problem isn't the content.

Crankyhobo
04.23.2012 , 12:17 PM | #195
I am deadly serious, why do you even care how hard story-mode is? and don't say loot because i already said if they nurf it to this extent they obviously have to nurf the loot handout. I'm talking about players who just want to log in casually and have some fun, the game has launched new content and these people do not currently get to enjoy it.

andrew_b_gross
04.23.2012 , 12:32 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
Many will come into this place wipe a half a dozen times and just quit raiding.
That's just crazy. I think it's perfectly valid to want a "story mode" where you can kill the bosses and see the content without being a "hardcore" guild, but being able to down every raid boss you encounter in 6 or fewer tries isn't raiding. Players that get frustrated that easily should realize that they don't enjoy raiding (there's nothing wrong with that) and find something else to do wiith their time. If they truly just want to see the story elements and the pretty scenery, they can wait until 1.3 comes out, get overgeared, and then go back and see the 1.2 raid content.

Also note that I don't even think that the 1st boss is the hardest one. I think that depending on your Ops composition, the 2nd fight (with the two tanks) can be significantly harder.
Mask of Nihilus: Legacy (30): Meijin | Sentinel (50): Tesuji | Shadow (25): Sente
Defenestrator: Legacy (1): Meijin | Marauder (34): Shusaku

hulkweazel
04.23.2012 , 12:40 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by andrew_b_gross View Post
That's just crazy. I think it's perfectly valid to want a "story mode" where you can kill the bosses and see the content without being a "hardcore" guild, but being able to down every raid boss you encounter in 6 or fewer tries isn't raiding. Players that get frustrated that easily should realize that they don't enjoy raiding (there's nothing wrong with that) and find something else to do wiith their time. If they truly just want to see the story elements and the pretty scenery, they can wait until 1.3 comes out, get overgeared, and then go back and see the 1.2 raid content.

Also note that I don't even think that the 1st boss is the hardest one. I think that depending on your Ops composition, the 2nd fight (with the two tanks) can be significantly harder.
This.

Story Mode Denova is NOT DIFFICULT. It is far more mechanic heavy than KP and EV, but as long as people can follow instructions, even pugs, undergeared players and casuals can get through it just fine.

People who actually enjoy raiding would rather have a challenge, learn the fight, and overcome that challenge. That's what raiding is about, it's not about just blowing through the content. There's no sense of accomplishment there.

rymah
04.23.2012 , 12:42 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGhostAgent View Post
You cannot be serious... story mode too hard? It's easy mode as is. Pugs are running them and downing them without breaking a sweat. My guild busted thorugh 4/4 HM and I've been part of 4/4 story mode pug runs on my alts. If a pug group who have never met or played together before can blow through a raid in one night, there is absolutely no excuse for anyone else to not do the same. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the sentiment in this thread and say, L2P or have your guildies/friends learn their class. If they nerfed it and made it any easier, you may as well just go into the instance, click a button, and collect loot. We even had one of our healers switch into a dps spec with healing gear for ***** n giggles to try out another healer in 16m. We still blew through the raid in no time.

If you're telling me random pugs and people screwing around playing a spec they've never played before and in completely inappropiate gear can down content and you can't. I'm afraid the problem isn't the content.
I'm going to try and not troll this post, but what server are you on that pugs are "downing this without breaking a sweat", and how many guilds are 4/4 HM on this op already? It's customary for some bravado and even some exaggeration to make its way into a post like this but I'm skeptical as to its accuracy.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

Raeln
04.23.2012 , 12:50 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by rymah View Post
I'm going to try and not troll this post, but what server are you on that pugs are "downing this without breaking a sweat", and how many guilds are 4/4 HM on this op already? It's customary for some bravado and even some exaggeration to make its way into a post like this but I'm skeptical as to its accuracy.
Same type of mantra that we seen in another MMO. Likely the same type of player that goes around claiming "the game is too easy" while posting on an avatar that has no hardmode achievements to back it up.

I've dabbled in HM EC and storymode EC. Storymode EC is currently overtuned and will be nerfed. It requires far much attention to mechanics and if left the way it is, will starve the majority of the playerbase of end-game content until at least 1.3.

Progression is like a staircase. Storymode EV to KP is decent step. Storymode KP to Storymode EC is like having to climb a 6 foot ladder to get to the next step. This will cause a number of 1.1 raiders to reevaluate if TOR's operations are for them or not. While some of the more elitist raiders will not see a problem with that, I personally would rather have a significant portion of the playerbase see the content than not - it ensures that more content will be created in the future.

andrew_b_gross
04.23.2012 , 12:57 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Progression is like a staircase. Storymode EV to KP is decent step. Storymode KP to Storymode EC is like having to climb a 6 foot ladder to get to the next step.
It took my guild way more than a week to clear EV on normal mode.

It took us way more than a week to clear KP on normal mode.

We cleared EC on story mode in a week, and it wasn't particularly difficult. We made it way harder than it needed to be by doing the first 3 bosses on 16 man (and would have had the 4th down if our main tank didn't need to log off)-- Bioware still hasn't fixed the 8/16 man balance.

To give you an idea of how NOT hardcore my guild is: I've wiped 30+ times on the 2nd boss in the new HM FP with two different groups (all guild members), the majority of us in full Rakata. I still haven't killed him.

If we can clear EC in story mode in a week, I just can't imagine it's overtuned. I'm sorry, I hate the false-bragging-by-claiming-the-content-is-easy tactic as much as the next guy, and it bugs me to know some of you are going to think that's what I'm doing, but... it really, truly isn't hard.
Mask of Nihilus: Legacy (30): Meijin | Sentinel (50): Tesuji | Shadow (25): Sente
Defenestrator: Legacy (1): Meijin | Marauder (34): Shusaku