Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

Reryn
04.23.2012 , 04:44 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakeyees View Post
But there are people out there that cant handle the difficulty, if it is made easier then gear as well should be caped at T2 at the most. and if they want to do HM then it should be T3 and T4.
The problem is that the people who find it too difficult are about 80% of the player base. Also we should just be happy with our T2 knowing that we can't achieve T3 or T4? Yeah people will stick around for that.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

Reryn
04.23.2012 , 04:48 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
I'm not sure where you are seeing this great diversity. EV/KP story mode raiders are done, their next step is HM EV/KP and if they could do that they wouldn't be story mode EV/KP raiders. Even if every other raider continues to raid the raiding population just took a hit. Nevermend the hardmode raiders that bail on the new raid. So much for diversity.

With less people raiding creating raids becomes a lower priority. It simple business logic whether you like it or not.
I agree with everything except, that, people wont just stop raiding. They will quit. The servers where getting bare before with the current level of difficulty. Since BW went with making the ops harder, that pretty much killed the game.

People came back for 1.2, where disappointed with the new raid, now they will all leave again and even some of the people who stuck it out will leave now also. BW has made a HUGE mistake.

KonohaFlash
04.23.2012 , 04:51 AM | #173
Why are you making post after post. Do you not know how to use the quote feature?

Who are these people that are disappointed with the new raid? If anything I see more people raiding on my server now. Stop with your anecdotal evidence. Just admit that you can't accomplish a simple task such as Story Mode Denova, and you want it to be made easier so you can get the best gear with no effort.

Magnesium
04.23.2012 , 05:12 AM | #174
I really don't see a reason to nerf storymode, you shouldn't be able to just walk into this fight and get it done without ANY co-ordination at all. Having kills in both modes I can tell you Story Mode is considerably a lot easier and allows room for error.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

Foenix
04.23.2012 , 05:25 AM | #175
completed story mode yesterday. It's easier than HM Soa before 1.2.
Jedi Sage Healer

Andex
04.23.2012 , 05:31 AM | #176
Star Wars: The Old Republic is still in its labor pains phase. The game premiered 4 months early, in December. The 1.2 content patch was simply bringing the game up to its release level. It's absolutely presumptuous to say whether or not this game is going to live at this stage.

There are trends that all games follow and there are historical references to look for. WoW very nearly died during its launch, thanks to a very substantial amount of bugs and deficiencies within the game. We're lucky that most of our bugs have been minor, instead of gamebreaking: the in-game guild window not working, the loot tables being mixed, a random assignment feature during normal mode Operations, etc.

These fire and brimstone speeches have little validity at this point. There are servers that are alive, there are players that don't participate in the forum, and there are some people who are very happy with this game. The naysayers are, usually, the most outspoken and, very frequently, the minority. I have no doubt it's the same way in these forums. People are pulling information based on their opinions, not on facts, as we all do. Server consolidation is still a month or two away, if game history has anything to say about it.

Story Mode Denova does not need to be nerfed. The content is not too difficult. Instead of blaming the Operation, players should be looking at themselves, instead. I know, that's a massively logical way to approach it and such things are nearly unheard of, but a player needs to look at him/herself, look at his/her class, and really figure out if s/he knows how to play it properly. After that, s/he needs to find 7 other players who are capable of playing their class and then, after all that, finally learn and correctly apply the mechanics of the fights in the Operation.

This is not an attempt to tell people "learn to play". This is me telling players they need to evaluate if they are playing efficiently. Don't blame content and don't blame other players, before you know whether or not you are the weakest link.

Denova can be cleared. It's been done. If it's been accomplished by one person, it can be accomplished by another. There is no valid excuse that can say the content is too hard, because that means no one would be able to clear it. This means it boils down to one thing: players.

This is a fight that isn't worth picking. This is the same company that released Mass Effect 3 and had a group raise over $80,000, decrying the ending that they chose and demanding a new one, before they even released a statement that said they were going to ELABORATE on the ending. A little bit of whining in the forum is not going to change anything. Let's be progressive, not a bunch of weepy kids who are complaining our playground is too difficult.
Doko prek anuda ten?

Reryn
04.23.2012 , 05:41 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Andex View Post
These fire and brimstone speeches have little validity at this point. There are servers that are alive, there are players that don't participate in the forum, and there are some people who are very happy with this game. The naysayers are, usually, the most outspoken and, very frequently, the minority. I have no doubt it's the same way in these forums. People are pulling information based on their opinions, not on facts, as we all do. Server consolidation is still a month or two away, if game history has anything to say about it
It is declining.

Layoffs at EA.

Server loads are almost light for every server.

Anyone in a guild can just look at their roster to reassure themselves people are leaving the game.

Posts from BW about how people aren't leaving, they just aren't playing as many hours a week.

The game is in serious decline, if you can't see that, it's because you see only what you want to see.

Time will tell.

Andex
04.23.2012 , 05:47 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
It is declining.

Layoffs at EA.

Server loads are almost light for every server.

Anyone in a guild can just look at their roster to reassure themselves people are leaving the game.

Posts from BW about how people aren't leaving, they just aren't playing as many hours a week.

The game is in serious decline, if you can't see that, it's because you see only what you want to see.

Time will tell.
I'd like to see your inclusive list of every person that's unsubscribed from this game.

I read the news, too.

A lot of transfers have been going on.

No one in my guild has quit. I see the same people from other guilds every time I log in.

It's nearing the time for finals for college students. College students make up a large portion of game subscribers.

I refuse to put on blinders and be totally pessimistic, unlike you. I don't see a developer tag anywhere near or under your name. You're welcome to your opinion, but that's all it is. I acknowledged that, you didn't bother giving me the courtesy of acknowledging mine, which is mostly what I expected out of someone who is near-sighted and opinionated.

I think there's a pretty easy answer for that kind of mentality. There's this neat little place on the website where you can remove your credit card information and I believe you can find "Uninstall" in Add/Remove Programs under your Control Panel.

Enjoy your day.
Doko prek anuda ten?

alifaraaz
04.23.2012 , 06:17 AM | #179
Pretty much agree with everything you said Andex.

I'm a student, I've got exams coming and coursework deadlines, so I'm playing a lot less than I used to. Some of my mates and guildies have quit to focus on studies too.

My ex guild disbanded, people got very inactive pre 1.2 and just never picked up again. So I joined a new guild, and that's just be growing since I joined.

My server (Legions of Lettow) has been consistantly more active (180 -230) on fleet at peak times compared to what it was a month ago.

I'm not.gonna.repeat my entire views about the pros and cons of making the content easier. As I've aired those views in this thread before. However I should state I just cleared 16m Denova last night, and I'm a raider, so the 3rd and 4th boss were fun but not challenging in my eyes. However the first and second, they kinda were.

Maybe I just needed a wake up call back to real raiding and that's why boss 1 and 2 were. Difficult, but I wouldn't say so. If I had to make a choice, I would nerf Boss 1 and 2 a little bit. Not so they're piss easy, but so the complainers can beat them and progress a little further in. As it stands boss 1 feels like a gate keeper keeping bad players from loot lol. And boss 2, once the visual bugs get fixed, maybe increase the enrage timer a bit and they should be fine.

Keep boss 3 and 4 as they are. Otherwise the gap between Story and Hard will become too much for new guilds who want to progress and learn. Afterall good guilds don't spawn on trees.

Yes many of the guilds are from WoW, and many are ex WoW raiders coming together forming new guilds.

But many are still new players, who need a solid progression ladder to improve themselves. And that will not happen if Story Denova gets nerfed too much.

krinaman
04.23.2012 , 06:41 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Andex View Post
This is not an attempt to tell people "learn to play". This is me telling players they need to evaluate if they are playing efficiently. Don't blame content and don't blame other players, before you know whether or not you are the weakest link.
It really sounds like L2Play to me. Along with dump your friends if they need to L2Play. Then add in a bit of keep playing the content even if you don't like it for good measure. Nevermind it being a long winded pompous insult revolving around an absurd notion that if one person can beat a raid it's not too hard.