Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerf Denova?


krinaman's Avatar


krinaman
04.22.2012 , 11:17 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Sorry to say this but get over yourself. Its not 5% of the population, its actually doing the content. The difficulty of this raid is perfect for tier 2 and allows a good amount of diversity. Raids are not meant to be simple, easy, or straightforward.

Honestly, its not catering to the 5% of the population, its rewarding players for learning and improving. Once something becomes easily accomplished in raiding where working for something becomes simple to the most unskilled and unattentive of players, there is an issue.
I'm not sure where you are seeing this great diversity. EV/KP story mode raiders are done, their next step is HM EV/KP and if they could do that they wouldn't be story mode EV/KP raiders. Even if every other raider continues to raid the raiding population just took a hit. Nevermend the hardmode raiders that bail on the new raid. So much for diversity.

With less people raiding creating raids becomes a lower priority. It simple business logic whether you like it or not.

Snakeyees's Avatar


Snakeyees
04.23.2012 , 12:22 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by oJebuso View Post
Do you honestly want no challenge?

This is what I don't understand about MMO players. If something isn't conquered right away they start to cry about it's difficulty. I would be truly mad if this new (really enjoyable imo) operation offered no additional challenge to players. That is what kills progression, and when you have no progression, you have no game.

If Denova went down as easily as EV or KP, then what is the point of raiding in this game? Challenge yourself for once. The instance drops rakata and black hole gear for a reason.
I have no problem with the level of difficulty. I have done both Reg and HM and NM EV/KP. I have got all the way to Last boss in Story mode in EC. But the post i was quoting was that fact that he was saying that they shouldn't raid if they cant figure out the mechanics of it.

But there are people out there that cant handle the difficulty, if it is made easier then gear as well should be caped at T2 at the most. and if they want to do HM then it should be T3 and T4.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

Snakeyees's Avatar


Snakeyees
04.23.2012 , 12:30 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
Considering our raid is made up of 90% of people aged 25+ with families, jobs and lives (I myself am 33 and have a wife and 4 year old son getting ready to start school this year), and a few college students.

We raid 2 nights a week - 4 hours those nights.

We are casual.

We easily beat story mode on 16 man and 8 man, we have beaten 3/4 on hard mode.

Your whole argument of elitist and casual is 100% completely wrong.

Time spent playing =/= skill. Period.

And it doesn't take much skill for the new operations - it just requires people to actually pay attention.
I'm so proud of you, good for you, your not the 95%. not everybody is the same, not everybody is like you and your group. so my argument does stand. just because you and your Group have done it all, I say woopi- de-do. again they pay for content, they should have a right to said content. its not for you to decide who gets to see what. why does it bother you so much if story mode gets nerfed? how does it impact you in the least? I will answer it for you. it doesn't. if you want A challenge do HM and Nightmare mode. that's why there there for the people that have to be elitist and say o ooh we got a server first
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

hulkweazel's Avatar


hulkweazel
04.23.2012 , 12:40 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by JSusie View Post
It's overturned. It's called "story mode" for a supposed reason.

It's not about people wanting gear handed to to them, it's not about people wanting to walk into an instance and bosses fall over. It's about the lowest level of 1.2 raiding steamrolling casual guilds, and being nearly impossible for pugs.

It's simply overtuned and way too unforgiving for the playerbase it was designed for.
My casual raiding guild just cleared to Kephess over the weekend on our first try at the operation. Using three pugs.

It's a step up from KP and EV, as it should be since the loot is also a step up. It forces people to pay attention to mechanics instead of just being able to heal through them. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's too hard.

MysteryJoker's Avatar


MysteryJoker
04.23.2012 , 01:03 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakeyees View Post
I'm so proud of you, good for you, your not the 95%. not everybody is the same, not everybody is like you and your group. so my argument does stand. just because you and your Group have done it all, I say woopi- de-do. again they pay for content, they should have a right to said content. its not for you to decide who gets to see what. why does it bother you so much if story mode gets nerfed? how does it impact you in the least? I will answer it for you. it doesn't. if you want A challenge do HM and Nightmare mode. that's why there there for the people that have to be elitist and say o ooh we got a server first
Better idea; how about you just actually pay attention? Are you saying you can't avoid simple damage that gives you plenty of time to avoid? And how it affects the "elitist," simple.... That just puts the raid on farm and it becomes a faceroll. Oh and before you say, "well, you don't have to do it then if it's so easy" well, you don't have to raid if it's so "difficult."

alwaysalldays's Avatar


alwaysalldays
04.23.2012 , 01:45 AM | #166
The place doesn't need to be nerfed. The players need to be better.

IF they do anything it better ONLY be to story mode....let the baddies have that and leave HM and NM (when it comes) alone.

KonohaFlash's Avatar


KonohaFlash
04.23.2012 , 04:23 AM | #167
There is no reason to nerf this operation, AT ALL. Just because it says story mode, doesn't mean it should be as easy as people are trying to want it to be. It's still tier 2 content, doesn't matter if it's story mode. I'm not here to play this game and have everything handed out to me, or have operations of farm status.

I still don't understand how people in Rakata can't complete this operation on Story Mode. It makes zero sense.

Reryn's Avatar


Reryn
04.23.2012 , 04:38 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
It either needs nerfed or raiding for "casuals" is over in this game.

Not everyone considers wiping all night trying to learn the dance steps as fun. Many will come into this place wipe a half a dozen times and just quit raiding.

Then when it's down to 5% of the population raiding it won't make sense to devote a bunch of devs to that content.
I completely agree.

Although you'll find that most people who post here will disagree and BW definitely will not listen. That has been their problem all along and they are still moving further in the wrong direction.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

Reryn's Avatar


Reryn
04.23.2012 , 04:39 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by alwaysalldays View Post
The place doesn't need to be nerfed. The players need to be better.

IF they do anything it better ONLY be to story mode....let the baddies have that and leave HM and NM (when it comes) alone.
enjoy playing the game by yourself in 6 months.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

Reryn's Avatar


Reryn
04.23.2012 , 04:42 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by MysteryJoker View Post
Better idea; how about you just actually pay attention? Are you saying you can't avoid simple damage that gives you plenty of time to avoid? And how it affects the "elitist," simple.... That just puts the raid on farm and it becomes a faceroll. Oh and before you say, "well, you don't have to do it then if it's so easy" well, you don't have to raid if it's so "difficult."
A lot of people aren't raiding because it's too "difficult". Those people are leaving the game, in a few more months the game will be barren and you can enjoy what you and others on the forum have reaped.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!