Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Firebrand and Stormcaller Question

AichaHalcyon
05.05.2012 , 01:32 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
I have done both ways. We did tank switches for the first several weeks, this week we finally had a DPS that could taunt (we never had a PT DPS, Sin, or Jugg) and we found the taunt way so much easier. While the tanks didn't fail on switches and didn't have the bosses face the raid, it just was a ton smoother. Doing it this way was our cleanest kill we have had with plenty of time (over a min) on the enrage timer.

it really is that easy.
I'm sure it is that easy. I was just pointing out that at times a small guild, especially those that run 8 man, might not have the "dps taunt the tank" option. Also that other methods are viable, and that you aren't "dumb" for doing it the way it works for your group. Especially if you have limited options.

And I was really talking more specifically about the issue of tank swapping causing a massive influx of damage do to eating both of the frontal aoe attacks, which shouldn't happen. If the swap as soon as Firebrand starts casting Incinerate Armor, both tanks should be in position. Worst case scenario, Stormbrand's aoe hits both tanks, but you should never be "eating 2 frontals each." If they are, your tanks need to be quicker on the swap.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
On 8 man hard you can just tank through the incinerate armor with a cooldown. Impossible to do that in 16.
That's perfectly fine, but I never even addressed doing that in my post, so I'm not sure what you're replying to?
Guild Leader, Omega Company
Social and Casual PVE Progression
www.omegacompany.xtreemhost.com

Iandayen
05.05.2012 , 08:19 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AichaHalcyon View Post
I'm sure it is that easy. I was just pointing out that at times a small guild, especially those that run 8 man, might not have the "dps taunt the tank" option. Also that other methods are viable, and that you aren't "dumb" for doing it the way it works for your group. Especially if you have limited options.

And I was really talking more specifically about the issue of tank swapping causing a massive influx of damage do to eating both of the frontal aoe attacks, which shouldn't happen. If the swap as soon as Firebrand starts casting Incinerate Armor, both tanks should be in position. Worst case scenario, Stormbrand's aoe hits both tanks, but you should never be "eating 2 frontals each." If they are, your tanks need to be quicker on the swap.

That's perfectly fine, but I never even addressed doing that in my post, so I'm not sure what you're replying to?
You said that 8 man groups don't always have a DPS that can taunt to take the incinerate armor debuff.

I told you that on 8 man you can just tank through the debuff with a cooldown. Removing the need for any tank switch or taunt.
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com