Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Firebrand and Stormcaller Question

TankStig
04.15.2012 , 03:21 PM | #1
Anyone elses having probles where the lighning spires will spawn ontop of the shiled with adds, with our tank out side, with agro?

Zailou
04.15.2012 , 03:39 PM | #2
Stormcaller tank needs to run outside the shield to kite the lightning pillars to drop outside shields

TankStig
04.15.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
read again, Tank was NOT inside the shield

Geryboy
04.15.2012 , 04:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TankStig View Post
read again, Tank was NOT inside the shield
there's 2 tanks in this fight, tank who had last aggro from storm will be able to move aound and control spawn points, everything else would be a bug.
Twinsnake Guardian / Payne Assassin / Cornhoolio OPerative ///// Jar'kai Sword

pure_laced
04.15.2012 , 10:27 PM | #5
If you have more than the required amount inside a shield, you can have the energy shield spawn inside. It has happened more than once.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Sparklefish
04.16.2012 , 05:18 AM | #6
I'd like to know also
healer and 2 dps inside shield
tank was outside
2 lightning spires inside shield
death happened

Diegles
04.16.2012 , 05:38 AM | #7
So after failing a bit last night my guild downed these guys. We had the issue with spires spawning in the Defensive shield as well, but that was due to overagro/ tank switch going bad, once sorted that never was a problem again.

My guilds problem however was Double Destruction running rampant in the raid, Stormcaller tank gets Single Destruction, I tell him to stand there and get the Double Destruction before the tank swap, he does. but somehow someone else also gets the DD, usually one of the healers(which we have placed in front and in between the bosses). Is this a bug, or are we suppose to counter it with having Person X move to Firebrand or out of range of Stormcaller?

The best "bug"(?) was that the melee that was standing on Firebrand kept getting Double Destruction for a while, and always take the 10k hit ;<

Geryboy
04.16.2012 , 05:52 AM | #8
yeah I remeber that stormcaller switch to the dps after knocking me back, after I retaunted him however I could position the void zones as I liked.
Twinsnake Guardian / Payne Assassin / Cornhoolio OPerative ///// Jar'kai Sword

PhoenixMatrix
04.16.2012 , 06:20 AM | #9
That would happen if someone, let say a healer or a sentinel using their heal ability, was very very very borderline as far as threat goes, and actually pull threat from healing during the lightning spire phase.

pure_laced
04.16.2012 , 07:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Diegles View Post
So after failing a bit last night my guild downed these guys. We had the issue with spires spawning in the Defensive shield as well, but that was due to overagro/ tank switch going bad, once sorted that never was a problem again.

My guilds problem however was Double Destruction running rampant in the raid, Stormcaller tank gets Single Destruction, I tell him to stand there and get the Double Destruction before the tank swap, he does. but somehow someone else also gets the DD, usually one of the healers(which we have placed in front and in between the bosses). Is this a bug, or are we suppose to counter it with having Person X move to Firebrand or out of range of Stormcaller?

The best "bug"(?) was that the melee that was standing on Firebrand kept getting Double Destruction for a while, and always take the 10k hit ;<
You are missing the DD mechanic entirely. Tank is never supposed to get it. 2 dps need to soak DD. Tank swaps only happen with Incinerate armor.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter