Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infected Companion Lockboxes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Infected Companion Lockboxes

Havox
04.20.2012 , 04:10 PM | #71
I honestly think that these lockboxes are bugged (that or my luck is extremely bad).

As it is now, I've gotten 5 Corso Riggs customizations today alone on my BH. As much as I want to roll a smuggler alt, I don't think I'll be rolling that many.

There needs to be at least a trade-in option to swap dupes for ones people don't have.

Daedricon
04.20.2012 , 05:09 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Havox View Post
I honestly think that these lockboxes are bugged (that or my luck is extremely bad).

As it is now, I've gotten 5 Corso Riggs customizations today alone on my BH. As much as I want to roll a smuggler alt, I don't think I'll be rolling that many.

There needs to be at least a trade-in option to swap dupes for ones people don't have.
Least I'm not the only one that feels this way, it seems like the republic gets more imperial companion mods and vice versa. Is this a hint that BW is trying to make us imperials create republic alts to increase the republic population? lol I hope not, I like the imperial classes more than the republic's. Yes the are almost mirror images of each other but from what I've seen the imperial side of the game is more fleshed out.

Gwena
04.20.2012 , 06:21 PM | #73
Probably a coincidence, but all three of the kits I got on the Republic side are for Empire companions. xD Fortunately I can use them all for alts, and I didn't want any of the Republic ones anyway, but I can see how the randomness and getting opposite faction ones could be very annoying indeed.

I hope those of you trying for a certain kit will be blessed by the RNG! ^_~
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Sarcaster
04.20.2012 , 06:46 PM | #74
Overall I love this event and these boxes are my only real gripe, but it's a major one.

I am trying to collect one of each and after 27 kits I have 6 of 8.

8 Andronikos
3 Corso
5 Elara
5 Kira
2 Mako
4 Quinn

BioWare should know everyone hates RNG, especially on a limited time event. Just put the 8 kits on the vendor so they can be previewed and purchased as desired.

Wulfling
04.21.2012 , 01:55 AM | #75
I'm curious to see what Bio does at the end of, or after the event, with all the unspent DNA and duplicate customizations. Could be something interesting there.

Daedricon
04.21.2012 , 03:18 AM | #76
I HOPE they do something, besides the new crystals how they did the other reward system is piss poor.

MrBabai
04.21.2012 , 05:04 AM | #77
Well, definitely RNG idea with a companion lockboxes being a huge mistake from BW.
That is a rather good and effective way to annoy and even enrage players. RNG is ok when it used in general game play but in time limited events it just enrage people.
I really hope that BW will do something with a lots of duplicate boxes and provide some way to exchange them.
My boxes so far -
6 Kira Carsen
4 Malavai Quinn
4 Mako
2 Corso Rigs
2 Andronikos Revel
1 Tharan Cedrax

SethTheSith
04.22.2012 , 02:23 AM | #78
I got all 8 in 11 tries. I am extremely fortunate, and wish you guys the best.

Rabbly
04.22.2012 , 04:52 PM | #79
The reward I'd like most from this event is the Elara customization.

I'm up to seventeen purchases, with something like seven Kiras and five Revels. That's 340 DNA samples, the equivalent of four crystals and change, and roughly 20 hours of gameplay (no, I didn't do the AFK-on-the-fleet-all-night thing). There are two days remaining in the event and at this point I don't feel particularly good about my chances of acquiring this one simple vanity item, and there's no consolation for my wasted time because I can't do anything with the pile of useless customizations I've acquired.

BioWare, I love your game, and I've loved most of this event, but don't ever do this random lottery ticket nonsense ever again. Just put the rewards on the vendor, set the price and let people work toward what they want.
[╠╩╬╩╬╣₪║▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░ The Breath of Tython ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ị

Tigalo
04.22.2012 , 05:13 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
Did you ever get repeats? Or were all of them unique?
I bought 6 boxes today, got 4 Elara Dorne.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbly View Post
The reward I'd like most from this event is the Elara customization.

I'm up to seventeen purchases, with something like seven Kiras and five Revels. That's 340 DNA samples, the equivalent of four crystals and change, and roughly 20 hours of gameplay (no, I didn't do the AFK-on-the-fleet-all-night thing). There are two days remaining in the event and at this point I don't feel particularly good about my chances of acquiring this one simple vanity item, and there's no consolation for my wasted time because I can't do anything with the pile of useless customizations I've acquired.

BioWare, I love your game, and I've loved most of this event, but don't ever do this random lottery ticket nonsense ever again. Just put the rewards on the vendor, set the price and let people work toward what they want.

Think this is BWs way to really mess with us, Elara Dorne was the one I wanted the least, next to Kira Carsen (I dont play my tropper, and wont for a long time, and dont have enough char slots to make a JK)
Nite Legacy (legacy level 50) on The Progenitor: Kir - 55 merc, Tigalo - 55 jugg, Kirana - 51 sorc, Jax 50 marauder, Rev - 50 operative, Nish - 50 gunslinger, Kenix - 55 sage, Manji - 50 assassin, Tigelo - 50 Commando and more