Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delay in Warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Delay in Warzones.

Gastranomick
12.17.2011 , 08:07 AM | #1
Is it just me? Every other part of the game runs fine. But then I get into a Warzone, i get at least a 1 second delay on ALL my abilities and actions. I'll start channeling a cast (unload as a bounty hunter) and it gets half way through the timer bar before the noise, animation, and damage of the ability register on my screen.

A little more than annoying when it comes to PvP.

But when I'm questing or doing anything else, there are no problems.

Nfinite
12.17.2011 , 08:23 AM | #2
at least you didnt join a warzone last night after a 4 hour queue only to have your game crash and have a 4 hours queue staring at you after you load it back up lol
MMO Veteran
Multi Season Gladiator streaming/analyzing TOR at http://www.twitch.tv/nfinitegaming

Takatin
12.19.2011 , 08:24 AM | #3
I've got at least 2 seconds delay in Warzones. My fps there is around 30, my ping is 80-90. But skillcasting delays for 2 or sometimes 3 seconds.

I consider dropping gunslinger because of it. It is unbearable. You basically can't go into cover during combat with this thing.
Take my launch, take my name
Take me where I cannot pay
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take KoTOR from me

ManikMiner
12.19.2011 , 09:16 AM | #4
agreed, PvP is almost unplayable because of it. Getting a backstab is a matter or blindly spamming the button while running in circles. Its a *********** joke. If they don't sort it out by the time Ive finished all pve content id consider going back to wow and the pandas
If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems.

—Frank Wilczek

snaplemouton
12.19.2011 , 09:28 AM | #5
I did not get any problem...
Get no delay in or out of warzones.

maxpucci
12.19.2011 , 11:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gastranomick View Post
Is it just me? Every other part of the game runs fine. But then I get into a Warzone, i get at least a 1 second delay on ALL my abilities and actions. I'll start channeling a cast (unload as a bounty hunter) and it gets half way through the timer bar before the noise, animation, and damage of the ability register on my screen.

A little more than annoying when it comes to PvP.

But when I'm questing or doing anything else, there are no problems.
I have the same problem !!!!!

only in warzone ...

Svideo nvidia gtx 460
4 gb ram
Cpu intel dual core 2.4 Ghz
Internet connection fastweb 20 mbit
U.F.O. Are Real !!

Dirtydurst
12.19.2011 , 11:38 AM | #7
I've been experiencing this same thing! I have no lag while questing or doing flash points, etc. But I lag to hell in warzones. I've tried everything; reinstalled the game, turned the graphics down to low, etc. Not sure what the problem is. My computer is more than capable of handling this game, so I'm stumped.

Running the game on
4BG of ram
GForce GTX 560, 500MB
2.4 Ghz dual core processor

Any thoughts or help?

Takatin
12.19.2011 , 11:41 AM | #8
Ok. I did something that seems to alleviate the problem a bit. I turned Windowed mode on. Not Fullscreen(windowed) but plain Windowed mode. For some reason the delay decreased.

As this is a very unorthodox method and I'm not even sure why and if it is really the case, any feedback from you guys who will test this method is appreciated.
Take my launch, take my name
Take me where I cannot pay
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take KoTOR from me

Neraq
12.19.2011 , 11:46 AM | #9
guys... if u get a delay on your skills, the problem has nothing to do with ur PC specs or something like this.... it is like u play with 300 ms instead of below 100 so it is a connection problem... if u get fps drops it probably has something to do with ur PC.

Dirtydurst
12.19.2011 , 11:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Neraq View Post
guys... if u get a delay on your skills, the problem has nothing to do with ur PC specs or something like this.... it is like u play with 300 ms instead of below 100 so it is a connection problem... if u get fps drops it probably has something to do with ur PC.
MS is consistantly at 80-90