Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

pocketsize
04.24.2012 , 08:51 PM | #31
I agree with the original poster and add my support to the motion to restore Harpoon Shot, at least as an option. The one person who posted in disagreement with the rest of the thread is seeing only one of the benefits of Harpoon Shot. As a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel, I appreciated Corso pulling enemies towards me if I was trying to start combat from a distance AND I appreciated him pulling enemies away from me to help lessen my number of opponents if I ran into the mob. Not only that, but Corso is no longer a ranged tank if he runs into melee. We have lost multiple levels of functionality now.

I have not complained or even been particularly displeased with any other aspect of this game. Eliminating Harpoon Shot, however, is extremely frustrating. I have disabled Illegal Jet Pack, but that is only halfway to fixing the problem. The other half, I cannot do myself. BioWare, please bring back the Harpoon Shot for Corso Riggs.

Stenrik
04.24.2012 , 09:08 PM | #32
Toggles/options: good
Removing something and limiting choice: bad

I loved the harpoon because I could get Corso to tank 4-man heroics when we only had 3 people, by surgically pulling out a mob from the CC'd guys behind. That way we wouldn't have to worry about breaking CC with any AOE. It worked very well...

The only reason I can see for not having both options is that there wasn't enough room on his ability bar. But you could still have something like "rocket jump on by default, but toggling this one ability REPLACES rocket jump with harpoon" or something like that.

Evgen
04.24.2012 , 10:42 PM | #33
So you are asking for the return of a kind of silly power to compensate for the fact that that we have no closing power?
You realize this is a universe where miracles can happen, and you, as a legless person asking god for your wheelchair back . . . . ask for legs!
You need to dream bigger.
Give us Sneaky Speed or something

Talon_Kaarde
04.25.2012 , 07:30 AM | #34
Throwing my hat into the ring on this one as well, so many negative things done to smugglers/scrappers that it almost seems like this class is going to be deleted soon.... effectively that's what is happening anyway with the lack of new smuggler/scrappers being created...

TorontoStar
05.26.2012 , 01:20 AM | #35
Agreed and Signed.

I must also add that as a dirty fighter/gunslinger, having Corso pull 1 mob to me right off the bat meant that I could usually take 1 mob out of the equation very quickly. I liked the mechanic personally but i know not everyone did. It should have been put in a toggle between harpoon or jetpack!

Leiralei
05.26.2012 , 02:01 AM | #36
Never understood the change, especially as these points were raised prior to the change.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Ramahospitality
06.02.2012 , 01:55 PM | #37
/bump