Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

Hajizan
04.16.2012 , 03:07 PM | #11
I want harpoon back, Corso usually pulled the mob so it was in position fo me to do my stuff from the rear Now Corso goes flying to the mob and by the time my body type 4 sawbones gets to the mob I am exhausted. BW sure did suck a lot of fun out of this game with 1.2.

Urael
04.16.2012 , 03:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Decrisit View Post
The recent change made to Corso Riggs altered his Harpoon shot into an Illegal Jetpack. While the change was done in mind to the majority of Gunslingers wanting a ranged tank that doesnt pull to them, this change has now greatly impacted the Scoundrel community. As Scoundrels, we rely heavily on Melee range attacks so having a ranged pull was a great benefit as we have NO GAP CLOSER. This change now completely alters the interaction between player and mob as now our tanking companion rockets away from us, leaving us stranded and having to traverse terrain to get in range for damage.

Despite the numerous threads on the Scoundrel Forums (Which have not seen any moderator posts in months), this change went through. Here's why this change was not needed, unnecessary, and short sighted:

1. Smugglers already had a tanking companion that could rush close a gap (i.e. Bowdaar).

2. Gunslingers have a number of ways to lengthen the gap between themselves and mobs to allow their rush closer tank (Bowdaar) to get to range and taunt.

3. Scoundrels now have no determinable way to close the gap from range to melee other than a slow traverse of terrain. If the Scoundrel is slowed in any way, now energy and time must be spent dispelling this effect with Triage in order to get within range.

Bioware, you have done a great disservice to the Scoundrel community in the past (As evident by the quickly dissolving number of players in our AC). This is the only change that I could not shrug through as it completely alters the flow of PvE. Please consider returning back to Harpoon shot.
/agree
/signed

Boogety
04.16.2012 , 03:20 PM | #13
Agree and signed.

Am sure other class types have their own complaints, but this in combination with the giggles being removed from Upper Hand/TA procs - make it seem like a true review of class needs and gameplay was not fully done or communicated to the scoundrel/operative community.

I miss the giggles so very much, and the harpoon shot was very useful as a sawbones while out and about in the game world.

Normally with patches I just go with the flow, adjust and adapt as needed even if I don't always agree. However, sometimes they just fiddle with things that were WORKING and break them. Please, fix what's broken and what truly needs more functionality and leave what's working alone.

In my opinion - most solutions should be to add or minorly tweak things, not completely alter or take them away.
The Gigglebox Legacy - A'nanke Gigglebox - The Fatman
(Sigh. As of 1.2, no more giggles. Devs: Please bring back the giggles!)

MinionOfEckerd
04.16.2012 , 04:03 PM | #14
Agreed and signed.

Bring back the Harpoon and the Giggle.

ChadDavid
04.16.2012 , 05:28 PM | #15
Agreed and signed.

Kodosong
04.16.2012 , 05:33 PM | #16
I am a gunslinger on my alt and even I don't like this change. I used to think Corso pulling mobs to me was a pain but this change is even more annoying to me at least aesthetically.

Every class as a melee and ranged tank, melee and ranged DPS and a healer. Now we have two melee tanks.

Makes no sense at all.

igotnothin
04.16.2012 , 06:02 PM | #17
theres no reason you cant make an option for corso guys the programming for it is juvenile at best. rewrite bowdaar to take care of dps gunslingers and let the rogues be rogues man. I truely am up in the air about even continuing to play swtor. Stupid unexplained nerfs are what caused me to quit eq wow and now possibly swtor. you have to look at the overall and keep us all happy. one account doesnt mean much to you in the format of a buisness but if you wish to grow you would listen. its easy to drop companion options into the game.

i dont care if i gotta buy a corso harpoon for 50k ill do it ... swtor has the largest time sink built programming ive ever come across in any game as it is with alot of repeating that gets frustrating and yet the story line keeps me interested. dont mess with my style of play tho.. bad news for your player base .. hope i hit a note you hear..

thanks for reading,
grandpa

jackrunip
04.17.2012 , 10:50 AM | #18
Agreed and signed.

I play both gunslinger and scoundrel, always used Bowdaar as a gunslinger (cause he kept everyone away from me) and Corso for scoundrel (he tanked and didn't break CC like Bowdaar does, plus his cable).
Corso was our only "pulling" type, PLUS...what advantage is a gun if you aren't at distance to use it? We had Bowdaar and Akaavi for "in your face" melee fighting, we didn't need to add Corso to the mix.

I've managed just fine for each advanced class, you just need to choose the right companion for each situation, isn't that why we have 5? (droid not counting)
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!

Decrisit
04.17.2012 , 02:19 PM | #19
Keep it up my fellow Scoundrels! Let's make sure we make an issue out of this and the giggles!
Now doesn't that just beat all..
Decrisit Saitari - Sawbones Scoundrel
Level 60 Smuggler
The Shadowlands - SYNH

Blue_Leader
04.17.2012 , 02:45 PM | #20
I can agree with this. Granted, though I'm a Scoundrel I don't use Corso too much anymore (I tend to use Guss the most now), but having him being able to reel in an enemy closer comes in very handy when I do bring him out into the field.

Either let us toggle the jetpack and harpoon abilities, or give Scoundrels some skill to close the distance to an enemy. Hell, give us the illegal jetpack.
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)