Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

Decrisit
04.15.2012 , 08:51 AM | #1
The recent change made to Corso Riggs altered his Harpoon shot into an Illegal Jetpack. While the change was done in mind to the majority of Gunslingers wanting a ranged tank that doesnt pull to them, this change has now greatly impacted the Scoundrel community. As Scoundrels, we rely heavily on Melee range attacks so having a ranged pull was a great benefit as we have NO GAP CLOSER. This change now completely alters the interaction between player and mob as now our tanking companion rockets away from us, leaving us stranded and having to traverse terrain to get in range for damage.

Despite the numerous threads on the Scoundrel Forums (Which have not seen any moderator posts in months), this change went through. Here's why this change was not needed, unnecessary, and short sighted:

1. Smugglers already had a tanking companion that could rush close a gap (i.e. Bowdaar).

2. Gunslingers have a number of ways to lengthen the gap between themselves and mobs to allow their rush closer tank (Bowdaar) to get to range and taunt.

3. Scoundrels now have no determinable way to close the gap from range to melee other than a slow traverse of terrain. If the Scoundrel is slowed in any way, now energy and time must be spent dispelling this effect with Triage in order to get within range.

Bioware, you have done a great disservice to the Scoundrel community in the past (As evident by the quickly dissolving number of players in our AC). This is the only change that I could not shrug through as it completely alters the flow of PvE. Please consider returning back to Harpoon shot.
Now doesn't that just beat all..
Decrisit Saitari - Sawbones Scoundrel
Level 60 Smuggler
The Shadowlands - SYNH

DieAlteHexe
04.15.2012 , 09:00 AM | #2
Yeah, I'm kind of crabby about this myself. I guess I just look at it as a challenge, forcing me to figure out another way to play. But I sure wouldn't be upset if they put the harpoon skill back in or...gave us a choice. I know a lot of folks hated Corso's harpoon. I never could understand why but that's likely how we ended up...here.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

IasonEvan
04.15.2012 , 09:03 AM | #3
It really should be a toggle: Harpoon or Jetpack. IDK why they didn't just make 2 skills we could toggle between or just turn off depending on our choice.

Ramahospitality
04.15.2012 , 09:06 AM | #4
I've a thread about this myself. This is freaking stupid. You are absolutely correct about the companions. The multiple companions are meant to provide different game play styles among different players and specs. If the gunslingers want a melee tank, there's Bowdaar, but give us Smugglers back Corso's Harpoon.

Bielduwyn
04.15.2012 , 09:47 AM | #5
I play a Gunslinger, but I fully see the use of the Harpoon for Scoundrels, I also feel that they should definitely reinstate it for our scattergun using friends.

Stryklone
04.15.2012 , 10:31 AM | #6
/signed ...

... since it reduces the combat choices in playing my Scoundrel.

More options = enjoyable game
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?

Gwena
04.15.2012 , 11:13 AM | #7
I am also irritated by this change, especially as a Sawbones. I agree with the suggestion that they change it back. Having Corso leap into combat while I have to run after him does not sound fun or efficient for 95% of fights.

Though if they gave Scoundrels a leap like that too, this change could be pretty fun . . .

And let us not forget about our Imperial counterpart's companion Kaliyo. She could have been given the harpoon, rather than having Corso's taken away.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Decrisit
04.15.2012 , 02:10 PM | #8
Thanks all for replying and keeping this thread alive and at the top of our minds.

Scoundrel community must unite for this change to be repealed and the former Harpoon reinstated!
Now doesn't that just beat all..
Decrisit Saitari - Sawbones Scoundrel
Level 60 Smuggler
The Shadowlands - SYNH

aliasalpha
04.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #9
Seems like the simplest & most satisfying solution is to not give corso the ability at all until the smuggler gets the advanced class. Picking scoundrel gives corso harpoon shot and picking gunslinger gives him the jetpack

Ramahospitality
04.16.2012 , 02:59 PM | #10
/bump