Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder

Talmien
12.17.2011 , 07:19 AM | #1
It has always surprised me these past couple of years that when a new MMO is released with a queue system for PvP they neglect to implement a decent LFG queue for PvE.

Getting groups together for flashpoints and heroic quests is rather painful compared to the simplicity of WoW's Dungeon Finder. We have to struggle with shouting over a congested chat channel and try to flag ourself as LFG that I'm certain 80% of the player population is unaware of.

It'd ease my heart if I new something was in the works...

Palivec
12.17.2011 , 07:58 AM | #2
+1 to that - the dungeon finder is a nice feature. Or at least give party leaders a possibility to summon party members to the instance. The game is some 90% running around on low levels and waiting for ppl to get together is quite boring, too.

Krafen
12.17.2011 , 08:04 AM | #3
I wholeheartedly agree. A decent LFG tool and a method for summoning party members to instances/heroic areas would be excellent additions to the game. The current approach is just frustrating.

ElitehunterDS
12.17.2011 , 08:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Talmien View Post
WoW's Dungeon Finder
This is the main issue that i hope never come to this game, it killed the community of servers, gave power to *** that just want their gear and wheres the social in that thing? Seriously i hope they never add a dungeon finder copy to the game, maybe adding categories and other option to the current lfg tool would be enough.

Talmien
12.17.2011 , 08:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
This is the main issue that i hope never come to this game, it killed the community of servers, gave power to *** that just want their gear and wheres the social in that thing? Seriously i hope they never add a dungeon finder copy to the game, maybe adding categories and other option to the current lfg tool would be enough.
I'm sorry, but the convience that the tool brings far out weigh any detrimental effect it might have to the server community. And I'm not sure it really has any, if people want to stand around chatting they'll do so.

But with the chat channels divided amongst the worlds, its painful to just stand around looking for a group. You want to be in a queue and off doing other stuff. Which is what TOR seems to be about doing with its crafting system, its just silly how they missed creating a LFG tool.

Agronut
12.17.2011 , 09:14 AM | #6
I agree with the no LFG system thing ! I've kinda missed the old LFG chat thing ! I like getting a group together and then talk to each person ! Not just : Click LFG -> Select role, click -< Click enter dungeon - > Pew Pew ***** and go out to my things ! I'ts boring! Just speak with mates when looking for more, its really enjoyable to chat with community !

Ohnoto
12.17.2011 , 01:49 PM | #7
There is already a long thread on this topic specifically.

Dungeon Finder System Eventually
Community Admin - ForceTremor
News, Guides, Character Profiles, Wiki, and more.

Mavery
12.17.2011 , 02:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Agronut View Post
I agree with the no LFG system thing ! I've kinda missed the old LFG chat thing ! I like getting a group together and then talk to each person ! Not just : Click LFG -> Select role, click -< Click enter dungeon - > Pew Pew ***** and go out to my things ! I'ts boring! Just speak with mates when looking for more, its really enjoyable to chat with community !
There is nothing wrong with chatting to the community. I would encourage it, in fact. But spamming general with LFM XXXX is not "chatting." It is an unnecessary inconvenience.

hostileseventeen
12.17.2011 , 02:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
They could create something somewhere in between. You go to a LFG tab, and select the instances you want to group for, and can find people there (sort of what WoW had before LFD) and can summon people to you.

The spamming of chat can be annoying, so I would like something.

Tyranox
12.17.2011 , 02:58 PM | #10
Community is such a tossed around term , there is no such thing really. There is no reason an mmo should take steps backwards over the previous ones. Nobody sits around and chats, also if you wanted that just join facebook and search for random people. I am here to play a game an progress and have fun doing it. Its not fun to sit on the fleet station and spam LFG, or click looking for group box that has yet to get me one invite so far.