Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full servers

Damagister
12.17.2011 , 07:15 AM | #1
Hello, i have a question: What will do EA with FULL servers???? because on this moment it is unplayable situation, log in 1-2 hours, and you must always pray on your provider, 1 disconnect and again 1-2 hours =)If somebody can give TRUE information i I'd be grateful!!

Snuller
12.17.2011 , 07:18 AM | #2
There is no reason why the servers should have a playercap, since they already use phases in case areas are overloaded. This basically means that they didnt plan accordingly for enough servercapacity even though they knew full well how many preorders they had.

SubMatrix
12.17.2011 , 08:34 AM | #3
I agree. If this happened AFTER December 20th, Bioware could claim ignorance and blame it on the store-bought copies. But we're still in early access. Bioware knew about and invited every single person playing.

Last night at around 11pm there were only 4 English EU servers that did NOT have a queue, and two of those were just added that day and were already at Very Heavy.

I was looking forward to early access to be a head-start on the game, not a trial in patience and frustration.

Hawk-Firestorm
12.17.2011 , 09:20 AM | #4
The problem I think is the rather silly way they went about creating the game enviroment, and laying out the servers in the first place.

There should have been ONE eu,us etc servers where everyone plays in one large enviroment be it sharded or instanced or like eve, where people have a selection of their favourite chracters and just go play.

Who in gods name is going to play a MMO when you have to que for 2-3hrs to do so??

Their excuse we wanted to add capacity as needed, on launch are you nuts??, you should have OVER capacity!

And no one should be having to que, beta perhaps but not now!

ghonorea
12.17.2011 , 09:32 AM | #5
This is an absolute joke i have now had to wait to play more than i have actually played in game .

I hope for E.A that you do some serious talking and get these servers extended or something as i wont be paying a subscription for waiting to play,and this is only the pre Order sales god help us when the game gets released.

And its no good people saying well move to a less populated server,as that does not stand well, as we all play with our friends and when my friends started there chars it was on bloodworthy and it was a moderate server but now its gone over its capacity and the waiting times are into hours.

jazzflute
12.17.2011 , 09:44 AM | #6
Indeed this situation is completely unacceptable! There should never be wait time to login to servers.

And BW's response to this situation is ridiculous! They talk about newcomers, what about people already in this mess? with guilds placed on these servers by BW.

They defnately need to come up with a solution to this mess quick!

Ax-HBR
12.17.2011 , 10:03 AM | #7
Any update on new servers?

We could do with more info on new servers and when and if they are being created.

TheCoCoNut
12.17.2011 , 11:45 AM | #8
The queue times are abosultely insane.

The other insane thing is that if you are disconnected for any reason, you have to requeue. Even other games if you get disconnected you can reconnect without going back into queue for a period of time. SWTOR needs to set something up there. Its pretty F'ing annoying to be in a Heroic, get disconnected, and then have to requeue for 30+ mins. You can't tell anyone why you're gone or what is going on.

SunwindIon
12.17.2011 , 11:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCoCoNut View Post
The queue times are abosultely insane.

The other insane thing is that if you are disconnected for any reason, you have to requeue. Even other games if you get disconnected you can reconnect without going back into queue for a period of time. SWTOR needs to set something up there. Its pretty F'ing annoying to be in a Heroic, get disconnected, and then have to requeue for 30+ mins. You can't tell anyone why you're gone or what is going on.
you only have a half hour queue? I have a 1,500 person queue.

Batho
12.17.2011 , 11:51 AM | #10
Oh look, another post about queue times...

Suck it up, hopefully it will all be sorted ina few days / weeks...

We have years to play the game, chill the **** out.
Officer from 'Absolution' a casual, EU based guild.
We are still recruiting, so check http://absolution.enjin.com for more details!
Casual means that we value reality over fantasy. We fully plan to clear everything that swtor can throw at us... just at out own pace...