Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Somewhat Returning player.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Somewhat Returning player.

CommanderFlyn
04.14.2012 , 02:44 PM | #1
So. I USED to roll with an RP-PVE guild when the game launched but due to time zone issues I had to leave as I was only hindering their activities with my Britishness.

After that I didn't really play SWTOR as I just had a lack of reason to play it plus with playing style issues it was counter productive as I wanted one "main" style with sub-styles.

So after sorting that out (RDPS...it's where it's at) I noted that 1.2 had dropped and that it wasn't particularly received well.

With 20 days worth of game time left, I want to see if SWTOR and it's community still has a place for me to pop in, or if I should continue to have MMORPG issues and wait for Tera/GW2.
So is it a good time to jump in, or should I wait it out and see?

Revan-the-knight
04.14.2012 , 03:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderFlyn View Post
So. I USED to roll with an RP-PVE guild when the game launched but due to time zone issues I had to leave as I was only hindering their activities with my Britishness.

After that I didn't really play SWTOR as I just had a lack of reason to play it plus with playing style issues it was counter productive as I wanted one "main" style with sub-styles.

So after sorting that out (RDPS...it's where it's at) I noted that 1.2 had dropped and that it wasn't particularly received well.

With 20 days worth of game time left, I want to see if SWTOR and it's community still has a place for me to pop in, or if I should continue to have MMORPG issues and wait for Tera/GW2.
So is it a good time to jump in, or should I wait it out and see?
Jump back in, your britishness wont be a problem
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Angel_of_Cain
04.14.2012 , 03:24 PM | #3
What times do you normally play?

If you like to PvP, then this is not a good time to jump in the game.

However, if you don't mind being on an East Coast US server, check us out. we normally play at night: myself around 11:00 P.M - 3:00 a.m. and the others are on around 2:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. (these are U.K. times, i did the conversion for you) on the weekdays, and we are on throughout the day and nights on weekends. if these times work for you, check us out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=389352
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

lexiekaboom
04.14.2012 , 03:28 PM | #4
My server ranges from "light" to "heavy" throughout the day. When it's "light" que. times are around 10 to 15 minutes, and when it's medium of heavy they are pretty much instant.

Make sure the server you are going to come back to is the right time zone for you, and make sure you're on the right faction (as in most servers one outnumbers the other almost 1:2) and you'll never have a problem getting in WZs.

I also think you will find the changes pretty awesome.