Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Mission Guide

DunsparrowSolo
01.03.2012 , 04:47 PM | #21
A few additions:

Enemies

Fighters - Generally very weak, a few blaster shots or a single missile will take them down. In later missions, they acquire shields and take 2 missiles to kill. They will fire 1 or 2 shots at you if left alone.

Heavy Fighters - These look like slighter thicker, larger fighters. Unlike regular fighters, heavy fighters will begin firing at you immediately and can do significant damage. They can withstand a huge amount of punishment and should be brought down as quickly as possible.

Bombers - These only appear on the Station Defense missions. They generally appear in large swarms and will deal significant damage to you if not brought down. Tougher than fighters, but easier than heavy fighters.

Frigates - The smaller capital ships have multiple hardpoints. These are mostly turrets, which can be quickly killed, but they also have shield generators and engines. Frigates can't be destroyed, but all hardpoints can be disabled and left smoking ruins. Engines and turrets can be taken down with concentrated blaster fire, while shield generators will repel all blaster fire. 4 missiles will destroy a shield generator, but blasters are useless.

Command Ships - The larger capital ships only appear on certain missions. They have a huge number of hardpoints. The turrets can be destroyed by blaster fire and on certain missions the shield generators can as well. On most missions, the shield generators will repel blast fire and will need to be targeted with missiles or proton torpedoes. 5 missiles will destroy a shield generator. The bridge of the command ship can be destroyed as well, but it takes 15-20 missiles or 1 torpedo. The bridge of a command ship is always a bonus objective.

Comm Relay Tower - Not really an enemy (since it doesn't fire) but worth mentioning. The Comm Relay is on the bottom of the enemy station on the station assault missions and is always a bonus objective. It repels all blaster fire and takes 15-20 missiles or 1 torpedo to destroy.

Weapons and Tactics

Clearing Trash - Generally, you want to be firing your blasters at all times, sweeping across enemy formations and capital ship hardpoints. Let off the blasters if you need to regen your shields, and make use of the Power Convertor (discussed later).

Missile Use - Missiles are a mainstay of your attack. Use them to crack through the shields on shield generators on frigates (takes 4) and when strafing multiple targets to maximize your damage output. Make sure you save enough missiles for key targets (if needed): shield generators, comm relay towers and the command ship bridge. Use your missiles on fighters if you can spare them and need to give your shields more time to regen. You can fire multiple missiles at a single target by placing your reticle over it and rapidly right-clicking. Make sure to unload your missiles on heavy fighters any time they appear.

Power Converting - Your first purchase with Fleet Commendations should be the Power Conversion Module. This thing is awesome. Since your shields won't regen when your blasters are firing, you should power up your blasters any time you are firing them. When you let off to regen shields, switch power to the shield generators. In this way, both your blasters and shields will be much more powerful. Its a great item.

Super Moves - Your EMP Generator and Electronic Warfare Pod are pretty sketchy and unreliable. The EWP is more useful, as it allows you breathing room if you are being overwhelmed. A good example is after strafing the star destroyer in Drexel Sweep when facing waves of oncoming fighters and a heavy fighter at the same time. The EMP generator is pretty lame/bad. I don't find it useful at all.

Ion Cannons - In the later missions, enemy Command Ships have Ion Cannons. The shots from these cannons look like balls of white electricity. They do no damage, but will completely drain your shields in a single shot. Be very careful of them.

Proton Torpedos - Once acquired at level 50, Proton Torpedos are fired by holding right-click on enemy shielded targets: Command Ship bridge and shield generators, and the station Comm Relay Tower. Your reticle will zoom in and eventually blink with red arrows, indicating a lock. This takes about 5 seconds, then just release right-click to fire. Torpedos will not lock on to anything else, and missiles can't be fired at these targets unless a Torpedo is in the air or you run out. As such, Protons can sometimes interfere with your ability to dish out damage. If you find you don't like them, just unequip your proton tubes. I personally find them extremely useful.
The Dunsparrow Pledge
1. I will never sign off by saying "May the Force be with you"
2. I will never accuse my counterpart class of being overpowered
3. I will never use a lightsaber design in my sig

Crowdpleazr
01.03.2012 , 05:07 PM | #22
I'm noticing that I can keep replaying the space missions I received upon getting my ship. Is this normal? In fact, I did all three of them, THEN got the missions from my terminal. I re-did one of them, and noted I got XP, though only about 1/5 of what I got the first time. Is this normal? The mission I did the second time is still there.

Part of why I ask is that it appears there are targets that I can't take out yet (like space frigates, or the space station at the bottom of it) that I expect I could take it once I put some weps upgrades on my ship. Is this true also?

Laenaria
01.04.2012 , 12:29 AM | #23
The first time you get a space mission quest you do it individually, after that it becomes part of a daily; however, you don't have to have a quest to do a space mission.

Zerathule
01.04.2012 , 09:47 AM | #24
Someone told me there are some level 50 purple chests to buy at the fleet badge shop ... Anyone bought some ? what kind of gear ? purple level 5 ?

Elear
01.04.2012 , 02:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
Someone told me there are some level 50 purple chests to buy at the fleet badge shop ... Anyone bought some ? what kind of gear ? purple level 5 ?
Since it takes 4 days if doing all space dailes at 50 it better be worth something(altough I doubt it).

JJFlanigan
01.04.2012 , 03:00 PM | #26
Just a correction the statement about comm relays and the bridge:

"The Comm Relay is on the bottom of the enemy station on the station assault missions and is always a bonus objective."

Is not actually true. It is only a bonus objective the first time you destroy it in a specific mission each day. If you re-run a mission on the same day and destroy it each run, the first run will give you the standard xp for blowing it up (500xp) as well as bonus exp and credits (around 3k) but any subsequent times you destroy it you just get the 500xp and no bonus objective credit.

You can get the bonus exp once per mission per day and that's it, sadly.

JJFlanigan
01.04.2012 , 03:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Since it takes 4 days if doing all space dailes at 50 it better be worth something(altough I doubt it).
You can get them much faster since there are some of the higher end quests that give multiple fleet commendations just for completing the mission even after you've done the daily. You can grind them out for "free" credits and legacy exp as much as you want while building up a large collection of fleet commendations.

Elear
01.04.2012 , 03:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JJFlanigan View Post
You can get them much faster since there are some of the higher end quests that give multiple fleet commendations just for completing the mission even after you've done the daily. You can grind them out for "free" credits and legacy exp as much as you want while building up a large collection of fleet commendations.
5 commendation for 10 min mision? Hardly fun. But yes, if you're so obsessed, you could farm one per day probably.

wargonglok
01.04.2012 , 05:03 PM | #29
how do I repair my ship and get more missiles?
Sniper, 'nough said

JJFlanigan
01.04.2012 , 05:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
5 commendation for 10 min mision? Hardly fun. But yes, if you're so obsessed, you could farm one per day probably.
Most of the missions are between 4 and 7 minutes, but yeah...if you aren't mental for the space missions it would be painful