Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Mission Guide

Mass
05.15.2012 , 09:19 PM | #141
Anyone know what level space missions become available?

I have an alt I only want to do class quests and space missions with. So, at level 10 I got my ship, and the missions show up on the board for me to accept, but the space missions don't show up on the galaxy map. Is there a certain level needed before they are added to the map?

Edit: Found my answer. In case anyone else tries this, space missions don't show up on the galaxy map until level 12.

Isharel
07.29.2012 , 10:07 AM | #142
I like passing free time with space missions. They are free money and exp if you aren't 50.

I have one complaint , however. The Proton Torpedo is a clear, evident design oversight. You need them to destroy shielded bonus objectives, but interfere with shielded main objects you have no time to zero in on. (I.e. Sarapin Assault etc.) How was this not looked into the past 6 months + the years of beta testing?
Founder, unsubscribed after 6 months of disappointment.

dosadnik
07.29.2012 , 12:33 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Isharel View Post
I like passing free time with space missions. They are free money and exp if you aren't 50.

I have one complaint , however. The Proton Torpedo is a clear, evident design oversight. You need them to destroy shielded bonus objectives, but interfere with shielded main objects you have no time to zero in on. (I.e. Sarapin Assault etc.) How was this not looked into the past 6 months + the years of beta testing?
Well normal missiles will also destroy shielded objectives. Given you have to use several of them, but it's doable.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

EricJS
08.22.2012 , 11:04 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Anrew View Post
Thanks. A guy in my guild was arguing that its easier at 50 regardless of ship equipment. Apparently drexel sweep causes issues for everyone else without either fleet com things or crafted. Felt pretty awesome taking only dmg pretty much from crashing into a asteroid.
Yeah, the amount of damage that you avoid by bouncing around with WASD/cursor keys/whatever-your-bindings-are in a circular pattern can not be understated. Personally, I don't bother because trying to keep a steady evasion pattern interferes with my offensive reflexes, and once I've got the basic ideas down on when to blow cooldowns, I haven't found it necessary for any of the missions.

But yes, without evasive maneuverings, it's very hard to survive drexel sweep without an ECM module.

parmie
08.23.2012 , 06:16 AM | #145
One effort saver I've learnt with impossible sector is when in the middle of the first minefield pop your EMP, this will kill 96 mines and it comes off cooldown by the time you reach the final objectives so you can pop it again.

ThroneOfOP
08.24.2012 , 03:09 PM | #146
Nice guide!
Did a search for tips and guides for doing space missions and surprised this didn't show up on Google search. Found this on a general discussion thread post that had a link to this.

dosadnik
08.25.2012 , 02:18 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by ThroneOfOP View Post
Nice guide!
Did a search for tips and guides for doing space missions and surprised this didn't show up on Google search. Found this on a general discussion thread post that had a link to this.
I guess that the whole phrase was maybe a tad long. It works if you search for "Space Missions guide swtor". Simple is usually better. Just saying
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

JaTrigger
11.19.2013 , 10:08 PM | #148
Nice, thanks. This is going to be home base for me over the next couple of weeks while I try to get the "Republic Ace" Legacy Title. It's actually pretty expensive to upgrade your ship, with the Grade 7 Gear costing something like 500 (?) Cartel Coins. Gotta wonder if my Space Mission skills will transfer into Galactic Starfighter....
Captain Seven Revenita, Coded Ace