Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bane vs. Vader

Maciasdrasty
04.14.2012 , 02:15 PM | #1
I kinda like all those vs. threads, so there is another one. IMO Bane is a lot better character storywise, and he had much greater role in SW universe. I loved books about him.

BrandonSM
04.14.2012 , 02:23 PM | #2
Hmm. Two of my favorites going at it.

I'd give it to Vader, simply because if you follow the RoT every new generation of the Sith Lineage gets stronger than the previous one.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aximand
04.14.2012 , 02:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Hmm. Two of my favorites going at it.

I'd give it to Vader, simply because if you follow the RoT every new generation of the Sith Lineage gets stronger than the previous one.
This. The whole premise behind the RoT means that Bane is actually the weakest member of the Banite faction.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Thelna
04.14.2012 , 07:28 PM | #4
I would concur with the thoughts here. Bane certainly was not as gifted with a saber. Anikan certainly had enough anger and rage, to equal or better Bane in any contest.

Vader gets the nod here.

Castiel
04.18.2012 , 05:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelna View Post
I would concur with the thoughts here. Bane certainly was not as gifted with a saber. Anikan certainly had enough anger and rage, to equal or better Bane in any contest.

Vader gets the nod here.
Not as gifted ? Bane could move so fast, raindrops couldn't hit him in a rainstorm. Couple that with his sheer physical strenght, and he'd be MORE than a match for Vader. Especially with his obelisk armor. Also he was much wiser than Vader was.

Rayla_Felana
04.18.2012 , 05:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Not as gifted ? Bane could move so fast, raindrops couldn't hit him in a rainstorm. Couple that with his sheer physical strenght, and he'd be MORE than a match for Vader. Especially with his obelisk armor. Also he was much wiser than Vader was.
If Bane could defeat Vader, the Rule of Two meant absolutely nothing, the whole premise was that every successive Sith Lord would be more powerful than the last, Bane couldn't defeat Zannah, Vader scared Sidious.

BrandonSM
04.18.2012 , 06:20 AM | #7
Smarter? Possibly. I mean, he was smart enough to come up with the Ro2 which in the end was the cause of the fall of the Republic and Jedi.

Vader beats him in saber combat. Bane used Djem So. Vader was the greatest master of Djem So and mixed his skills with Djem So and Makashi and had his own unofficial form.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ReiKai
04.18.2012 , 08:30 AM | #8
Problem is, the Rule of Two was designed to make the Sith Stronger. That does not mean that it was successful. It's just one of many philosophies. Plus there's the fact Sid broke the rules. He didn't challenge Plageuis for control, he killed the man in his sleep. Then Sid took on apprentices that wouldn't surpass him, because he believed he was the epitome of the Rule of Two (also he's a coward and afraid to die). So everyone he took on were just to be used as puppets until the Jedi could be destroyed.

Plus the fact Sid, after becoming Emperor, reformed the Imperial Guard, which were all Force Users, to serve as his personal protection. Add in Vader and all of Vader's secret apprentices, and the whole Rule of Two was thrown out the window.

Moving on. If this is Darth Bane (not to be confused with Cad Bane) when he had the Orbalisk Armor, then Vader loses. Because Vader can't hurt him. If it's Bane after he loses the Orbalisk's, then I'd still say Bane wins because he learned more and sharpened his skills to compensate for the loss of his near invulnerability. He learned more Force Abilities, including Essence Transfer.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

_Zorth_
04.18.2012 , 08:39 AM | #9
Entire point of RoT is to make the coming sith stronger...
When sidious took control it kind of ended.

Oh and a little btw on the text marked with red..
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.." ~ Yoda, pointing out to Luke that muscles don't mean much when compared to the force.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

JohunMorlish
04.18.2012 , 12:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Vader scared Sidious.
Vader didn't scare Sidious. Sidious didn't trust Vader.
The Dal Legacy
Vilescere - Sorcerer / Joret Dal - Mercenary / Vornar Dal - Sage
Munire morem, non stare
"Building a tradition, not resting upon one"