Dev's: "We want slower killing" . . . Result = opposite

Cerdo_hormiguero

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they listen to the community? Oh wait lol.

In all seriousness I am really hoping they take a second look at this change, I really don't have another mmo to go to and don't plan on it. But it would be nice to have the fun pvp gameplay I enjoyed pre 1.2 back.

Everything EXCEPT the pvp part of the patch was awesome I just wanted to add, hell I wasn't even that pissed about the patching error on the fix patch, things happen they are human.

The Dev's said that they wanted to slow down PvP a bit, reducing burst a bit and slightly increasing the time it takes to kill an enemy (excluding healing).

So why did they change expertise so that people die faster (damage increases faster than survivability)?

Because they are largely incompetent amateurs trying to develop beyond their level.

1.2 is proof of that, if Ilum wasn't already enough.

I've tried a couple of difernt builds... all I can say is the fun in playing is gone. I used to have to resisst playing all day on saturday and do projects around the house to not draw agro from my wife, now there is no temptation at all. My wife is greatful for 1.2; I guess pay-for-view providers and redbox will be too when I start watching movies at night instead of playing swtor. I think I'll go buy a bottle of scotch...

I feel like there is something wrong on the back end, honestly.

Sadly, this is not the case. What is happening is the extremely predictable result of nerfing healing and damage mitigation while at the same time boosting DPS.

Sadly, this is not the case. What is happening is the extremely predictable result of nerfing healing and damage mitigation while at the same time boosting DPS.

it was a 3-5% dps increase, which does NOT account for kill times being halved or more.

You know whats funny?

People on the PTS said the exact opposite,they said when a healer is guarded that the tank and healer were impossible to bring down,if i recall correctly.

What's funny is that 2-3 dps can bring down a healer through guard now, even with the taunts.

Because they are largely incompetent amateurs trying to develop beyond their level.

1.2 is proof of that, if Ilum wasn't already enough.

This is actually the issue, when you step back and look at the game as a whole it "feels" just like a stand alone console/pc game which happens to be biowares forte and all they did before SWTOR, their first MMO. Theres very little MMO here at all and Ilum clearly showed the engine wasnt even close to supporting MMO numbers.

I've tried a couple of difernt builds... all I can say is the fun in playing is gone. I used to have to resisst playing all day on saturday and do projects around the house to not draw agro from my wife, now there is no temptation at all. My wife is greatful for 1.2; I guess pay-for-view providers and redbox will be too when I start watching movies at night instead of playing swtor. I think I'll go buy a bottle of scotch...

Good idea! It doesn't sound like this game is for you.

it was a 3-5% dps increase, which does NOT account for kill times being halved or more.

1v1 on a similarly geared player feels ok, but 2v1 or more the targeted player explodes since we are talking a 10% or more increase in dps. They increased dps without increasing health pools, so now you find the weakest target, focus fire and move on to the next. Focus fire worked well prior to the patch, now it works even better no matter what you target.

You know whats funny?

People on the PTS said the exact opposite,they said when a healer is guarded that the tank and healer were impossible to bring down,if i recall correctly.

If i recall corectly ppl couldnt copy their 50lvls chars and BW never gave a chance for 50lvl PVPers to try PVP....

This is what happens when u get pve guilds to check PVP

OMG you mean three players on one can finally kill a healer,,,the horror.

They could before but you had to use tactics to split the healer and tank. Now you just ignore the tank kill the healer then kill the now almost dead tank. It really not even worth guarding a healer as it pretty much just get's the tank killed faster.

Omg the drama.

Pvp is balanced for top of the foodchain.

You are obviously not skilled enough to judge balance. During training times of my pvp team we got all 8 into one voidstar game

The top sorc healer on our server in my premade gets 600k healing done in voidstar if I protect him.

One of the top 20 operater healeron our server gets 720k healing done when he is protected by our 2nd tank.

The 2nd best Dps on our server got only 620k dammage in that warzone.

If you die every few seconds, it is because you play random low level pvp.

STOP RUINING HIGH LEVEL PVP FOR THE SKILLED PLAYERS

I don't know why anyone thinks this pvp is fast. My last mmo was Aion and this pvp is like watching paint dry compared to that.

This... PvP was too SLow before...as for right now i still think it is kinda slow...

Edited by DarthSianiz

They could before but you had to use tactics to split the healer and tank. Now you just ignore the tank kill the healer then kill the now almost dead tank. It really not even worth guarding a healer as it pretty much just get's the tank killed faster.

What are your team's dps doing? When it takes 3 dps to kill 1 healer, your team dps could have killed all 3 dps that have no healer, plus CC, etc.

Also why should dps require tactics and coordination of dpsers when a healer can just stare at raid panel and spam heal on whoever has low health? The most tactics a healer would deploy is probably to fake a heal to avoid interrupt his big heal, or a tank swaps guard and taunt.

Edited by kyuyu

Omg the drama.

Pvp is balanced for top of the foodchain.

You are obviously not skilled enough to judge balance. During training times of my pvp team we got all 8 into one voidstar game

The top sorc healer on our server in my premade gets 600k healing done in voidstar if I protect him.

One of the top 20 operater healeron our server gets 720k healing done when he is protected by our 2nd tank.

The 2nd best Dps on our server got only 620k dammage in that warzone.

If you die every few seconds, it is because you play random low level pvp.

STOP RUINING HIGH LEVEL PVP FOR THE SKILLED PLAYERS

This is pretty much it. Bioware caters to the 8 man premades. I've run into a few double premade teams with PUGs and it was just hilarious. There is zero point in solo queue. They should get rid of the option entirely.

I can run 4 mans and try for 8 mans, but I'd rather not be sitting on Vent playing this game mostly just farming PUGs. Well actually I probably wouldn't mind that, if I didn't find the PVP mechanics now boring as hell.