Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR storyline compared to .....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
SWTOR storyline compared to .....

Khalhazar
04.21.2012 , 02:25 PM | #21
Agent is the best single-player storyline I've seen in an RPG ever. It's full of emotion, challenging choices, and interesting ideas.

Crimson_Paladin
04.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #22
I've played through Sith Warrior. I liked it but I feel like there weren't enough meaningful choices. Sure I could occasionally choose to spare people or kill them like my master wanted. But overall, choices didn't affect the story. I'm hoping the continuation will have some real choices for me to make, choices that will determine what happens next and how the story is resolved. I'd really like it if in the next chapter the choices I made, such as who I killed and who I didn't kill, had more of an impact this time around.

Edit: I'd also like if there was less railroading in the future.

angry-broom
04.21.2012 , 11:01 PM | #23
Yeah, I think every bioware game barring Neverwinter nights has had a superior story to this game
Quote: Originally Posted by BartElroy View Post
You know, if I can spare 25 gig for the abortion that is "The Force Unleashed" I can spare 100g for this game, and I will look at Bioware and say "Thank you sir, can I have some more?

WookieeRebel
04.22.2012 , 12:17 AM | #24
Well my hope is that they'll continue these stories in the expansions and/or updates instead of crafting completely unrelated stories. It would be awesome if I could just bump into Watcher One at a Cantina someday... (I haven't finished the JK story yet, so no spoilers). Hopefully, they'll take what's said on these forums under consideration and make future stories a little more flexible/fluid/etc.

I think the Legacy system is a good idea, too, because it weaves the story of your characters together. However, they shouldn't add multi-server legacies. There's only 2,000 to a server so in all likelihood (if implemented correctly) each server/universe could have its own unique identity and story to tell. Also, what's the point of having a game 3,000+ years in the past if we can't create our own cannon . Legacies are a good start, but we'll see. I know that's a little disjointed, but you can see why I'm cautiously excited.

Oh. And I can't wait to play an Imperial Agent.

Khasur
04.22.2012 , 12:32 AM | #25
You can't have the same expectations for an mmo as a single player rpg. An mmo has to have a lot more content than just story. That said, SWTOR still has excellent stories that are better than many single player rpg's and without a doubt better than any mmo I know of.

erei
04.22.2012 , 05:03 AM | #26
The consular story is horrible. Also avoid trooper storyline past chapter 1.
To be honest, I played ME3, then get the endings. They were so horrible, I stopped playing the game, except for MP sometimes. Even if I have 3-4 alts from ME1-2 ready to play.
I played the IA storyline to the end, and it was VERY good. In the end, your choices matter (that's make a difference with ME3). The people you save, or killed, are part of the end. Also, you are given several important choices about your (and the empire) future.

So yeah, IA storyline ending>>>ME3 ending.

Mordresh
04.22.2012 , 05:14 AM | #27
I think it's not the fairest of comparisons because ME3 is the culmination of three games. Before the ending even, you are solving problems in the galaxy that have been forming or which you've learned about in other games together with characters you've grown to know and love in those games.

A better comparison would be againt ME1 as this vanilla setting is sort of a more introductorary role. That should also be playable and understandable for people not so familiar with the universe.

Just my two cents.

VanderII
04.22.2012 , 08:24 AM | #28
Now I'm doing sith inquisitor story class and I must say it's not bad, I like it
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T