Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

are you enjoying guardian pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Guardian
are you enjoying guardian pvp?

croll
04.14.2012 , 07:53 AM | #1
I have to say i am having hard time enjoying pvp with my guardian, its not because of the nerfing or anything but somehow i am always having hard time when i pug, most of the time multiple people are on me considering i am at the heat of the battle and it takes a lot of time for me to kill someone, unless there is a healer healing me I die before getting any medals...

btw i am decent at pvp and I also have a shadow and gunslinger and having tons of fun with them; I always wanted to have fun with my guardian but it is not the case atm; what you guys think?
DIFFICULT TO SEE. ALWAYS IN MOTION IS THE FUTURE.
SWG Veteran-Radiant

Emdix
04.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #2
Since they destroyed it, no I do not enjoy my guardian in PvP.

Dee-Jay
04.14.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Emdix View Post
Since they destroyed it, no I do not enjoy my guardian in PvP.
Me neither.

With old Focus, I used to be a force to be reckoned with and a powerful asset to any team. With highly optimized gear I could take on people 2v1 and sometimes even 3v.1 and come out on top. Overpowered? Possibly, but then again I did invest a lot to get where I was.

Now I just feel like a generic melee character that may...or may not beat another class depending on the situation. No redeeming qualities...average damage and boring play-style thanks to Vigilance. Lackluster cooldowns and over-priced abilities just make Guardian DPS feel underwhelming.

JarenWelen
04.14.2012 , 09:09 AM | #4
Absolutely not, and I wish I could say it was a recent thing.

I played Guardian in PvP since day 1 pre-launch, and played in Focus spec since Beta (back before it was what the "cool kids" did). I destroyed other Knights in 1v1 but rarely any other classes, but my damage usually got close to topping the charts.

I don't know whether it's me being at 50 now or just changes to the game, but I feel very underpowered in PvP. I've tried so many different specs: full Focus, full Defense, full Vigilance, Vig/Focus, Vig/Defense, even a wacky Defense/Focus (not as bad as it might sound) and still no enjoyment. That said, I've started being accustomed to Vigilance PvE so maybe when I get the hang of that I'll find a way to enjoy that spec in PvP.

I've got a character for each of the other ACs and I can honestly say Guardian is the one I'm the least excited about PvPing with nowadays. I nearly shelved him after levelling my Marauder when I found I was dishing out more damage AND had more survivability.

So yeah, I know the feeling...
Jaren Welen :: Vigilant || Ambassador Welen :: Infiltrator
Zekken :: Tactician || Jainie :: Seer || Vespe :: Scrapper
Jedge :: Sharpshooter || Zeckary :: Annihilator || Myn :: Madman

TacticalAce
04.14.2012 , 11:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by croll View Post
I have to say i am having hard time enjoying pvp with my guardian, its not because of the nerfing or anything but somehow i am always having hard time when i pug, most of the time multiple people are on me considering i am at the heat of the battle and it takes a lot of time for me to kill someone, unless there is a healer healing me I die before getting any medals...

btw i am decent at pvp and I also have a shadow and gunslinger and having tons of fun with them; I always wanted to have fun with my guardian but it is not the case atm; what you guys think?
What nerf are you referring to all I seen was greatness in 1.2. What is your level? To answer ur question I have a blast playing with guardian I do great with pvp the only problem I have with it is not really the class but sometimes its the team not trying to help each other or just poor decisions on my part. Just because you are a tank doesn't mean you can take over the whole world you still have to be smart with ur decisions. If you are a low level you will die even if you try your hardest because the lack of abilities you have. Try to look for enemies with lower health or join a teammate in a fight to take people out faster.

TacticalAce
04.14.2012 , 11:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
Me neither.

With old Focus, I used to be a force to be reckoned with and a powerful asset to any team. With highly optimized gear I could take on people 2v1 and sometimes even 3v.1 and come out on top. Overpowered? Possibly, but then again I did invest a lot to get where I was.

Now I just feel like a generic melee character that may...or may not beat another class depending on the situation. No redeeming qualities...average damage and boring play-style thanks to Vigilance. Lackluster cooldowns and over-priced abilities just make Guardian DPS feel underwhelming.
How do I stay up to speed with gear at all times?

bigwormhunter
04.14.2012 , 11:30 AM | #7
i don't enjoy it anymore... they ruined the focus build for pvp. they gave it another singularity builder that was not needed, i didnt have problems building the stacks. At the same time i find myself focus starved. Reduced force sweep damage by 10%. The talent tree for focus is useless now, u have to spec into slash spamming, instead of using the rotation for sweeps. Feels like they modified it for PVE or something.
even so, i find myself top dps in wfs so they must have failed even harder with the other classes.
The only piece of gear with proper stats for a focus build are the gloves...
NPCs in wfs not working, voidstar bike ride for defenders, still bugged ops interface in wfs... 1.2 must be the most fail patch in history of MMOs.

Marqhill
04.14.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
Yes. I am enjoying my Guardian in PvP.

gjudd
04.14.2012 , 12:37 PM | #9
Yeah, i enjoy it. But i rolled guardian as a support class, pushing stunning and guarding my way to 6 medals is easy, if we are getting rolled 4 is still easy. I try to find healers and stick with them like glue, stuning the crud out of anyone who comes near. I find this to be very fun.

If you define fun in pvp as IM THE BEST IM THE TOP DMG RAWR, then no. its not fun. but when it comes to supporting my team and letting the dps classes run free while i protect our 1-2 healers then yeah i have a blast.

I find that i am disatisfied with my abilitys when the team is not playing to win but playing as individuals who want to be sweet.

judd

Andrew_Past
04.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #10
I'm still in pre-50 WZs, but I greatly enjoy my vig guardian. I already knew how to use master strike in WZs pre-1.2, and now it's just amazing. Add in zen strike, and I'm using it against almost every opponent successfully. Since the patch, I am always top damage if I stay in shien. When no one is protecting healers, I'll guard them and get near top damage and usually top protection.