Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 man heroic in Black Hole soloed... companion.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
4 man heroic in Black Hole soloed... companion.

Tinmancreeping
04.14.2012 , 05:24 AM | #1
this is not an epeen post. My question here is has anyone noticed increased/smarter/more frequent healing from companions? I was able to "solo" Chasing Shadow 4 man heroic and it was mostly due to my healing companion.

Hes in full camp gear minus boots, those are rakata.
Community makes the best PVP. Without community and a want to destroy the enemy and make them cry, even the best pvp game designs become soulless.
Chilastra 6yr Vet

cshouston
04.14.2012 , 08:14 AM | #2
No. I have noticed no difference from my healing companions. I also call shenanigans on the entire basis for this thread.

Seront
04.14.2012 , 08:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinmancreeping View Post
this is not an epeen post. My question here is has anyone noticed increased/smarter/more frequent healing from companions? I was able to "solo" Chasing Shadow 4 man heroic and it was mostly due to my healing companion.

Well, a friend of mine and I duo'd the republic side with companions, and it was quite tough. We are both in full Rakata healers (Sorc+Scoundrel) with dps companions in full Columi. The trash pulls weren't an issue with cc, but the boss hits pretty hard. Had to heal quite a bit. How many heroic moment abilities do you have? If you ahve like 8 level 50s, then that encounter, according to bioware, should be easy for you. =)

Talorra
04.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinmancreeping View Post

Your healing companion is in Campaign gear?
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Lonestrum
04.14.2012 , 10:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
mine is too. and my xalek is in full rakata dps gear.

Putzitoo
04.14.2012 , 11:31 AM | #6
Checkout your presence stat. If you have a lvl 50 human that is +100 and then +10 for every companion on each class you have that has been through all conversations. It adds up fast if you have a few alts. With higher presence companions have significantly higher power and HP - so maybe that is a factor.

I havent been able to play much since the patch to notice any AI changes but some of those may have occurred as well.

Olostur
04.14.2012 , 12:07 PM | #7
I soloed it on my sentinel with Doc. I was in full re-modded rakata, and he was in full columi. Honestly, I didn't notice any difference in his output. He's always been God.

Jaryyn
04.14.2012 , 12:30 PM | #8
Did it on my Sin-tank with Talos...not overly difficult. The only annoying part is dealing with the unending string of silver/trash mobs that spawn before the boss/champion. they dont do any real damage...there just seems to be about 50 before the boss spawns - Neither of the champions do any real damage to a columi/rakata tank and my comp is in some columi gear.

Tinmancreeping
04.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #9
Im a shadow tank, I have 6 rakata pieces, rest is mixed bm and columni.
my presence is 300ish which isnt alot.
all of my leveling was done with healing companion once obtained. I have a 50 sent as well. To me it feels more like my companion is actually healing now... I dunno but its deff doable as poster above me did it as Assassin. Trash mobs were the problem, bosses were easy peasy.
*edit* my companion as rakata boots, everything else is champion gear (pvp)
Community makes the best PVP. Without community and a want to destroy the enemy and make them cry, even the best pvp game designs become soulless.
Chilastra 6yr Vet

Elear
04.14.2012 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
It's been what, 2 days already since patch? It's perfectly normal to have all gear from new ops on companion by now.