Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Classes, which must be nerfed [statistics] - balance issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Classes, which must be nerfed [statistics] - balance issue

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
04.14.2012 , 05:18 AM | #1
There is graphics from Guild Summit before 1.2, with statistics of players for classes in game:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...stribution.jpg

There 16 classes at all (8 for empire and 8 for repulic), and 100%/16 = 6.25% average for each class - for balancing game.

And what we see now?

Jedi Guardian - 5.5% - must be buffed up about for 20% damage
Jedi Sentinel - 7.5% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Jedi Shadow - 5.5% - must be buffed up about for 20% damage
Jedi Sage - 6% - OK
Gunslinger - 4.5% - must be buffed up about for 50% damage
Scoundrel - 3% - must be buffed up about for 120% damage
Commando - 6% - OK
Vanguard - 3% - must be buffed up about for 120% damage
Sith Juggernaut - 8% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Sith maradeur - 8% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Sith Assasin - 8.5% - must be nerfed down for 30% damage
Sith Sorcerer - 9.5% - must be nerfed down for 50% damage
Mercenary -9.5% - must be nerfed down for 50% damage
Powertech -4% - must be buffed up about for 50% damage
Operative - 4.5% - must be buffed up about for 40% damage
Sniper - 5% - - must be buffed up about for 30% damage

When it all be done, the game will be balanced -all classes will be around 6% of players.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
04.14.2012 , 05:20 AM | #2
Adjusting damage because of popularity is an extremely bad idea.

Wallach's Avatar


Wallach
04.14.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Adjusting damage because of popularity is an extremely bad idea.
Hey, this kid could be on to something. You never know.

So just boost my Pyro's damage by 50% like he says and we'll see. I'm sure it'll be fine.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
04.14.2012 , 05:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
Hey, this kid could be on to something. You never know.

So just boost my Pyro's damage by 50% like he says and we'll see. I'm sure it'll be fine.
I'd like to see these forums with 120% more scoundrel damage.

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
04.14.2012 , 05:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
I'd like to see these forums with 120% more scoundrel damage.
After first screams quantity of sorcs, mercs and sins fall till normal 6%, and scoundrels increased till 6%.

Certainly, cause sorcs, sins and mercs soooo many, quantity of their screams will be more, than feed back scoundrels, right?

The game must be balanced. Sorcs, sins and mercs now are OP - statistics is clear, players vote for these classes as imbas and plays for them - and low-stat classes is not enjoying current situations, cause that enjoying for their count.

Grendel_Prime's Avatar


Grendel_Prime
04.14.2012 , 06:38 AM | #6
What about those of that don't choose characters based on their damage output? I chose mine based on what I wanted to play long term and I take them into PVP so I can try it out and earn commendations. My decision (and I'm sure others) has nothing to do with the damage of the character.

SuperSair's Avatar


SuperSair
04.14.2012 , 07:12 AM | #7
Because only when class balance is unbalanced can we achieve true class balance.

I myself would love to Impact Bolt someone for 7,150.
Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Madaghmire's Avatar


Madaghmire
04.14.2012 , 10:17 AM | #8
You can't just look at what people are playing, and assume that an adjustment to straight damage output will fix class representation at a 1:1 ratio. There are a plethora of reasons for this including, but not limited to:

1. Not everyone picks their class based on damage output, most will make their choice upon due consideration of a number of factors such as class role, playstyle, aesthetics, role play concerns, which type of starship they get, utility and/or story.

2. Certain classes need to do more/less straight dps to compensate for a large or small kit of CC or other utility mechanics.

3. Many, many people don't care what their damage output is relative to others, they are only here because they enjoy leveling themselves, or maybe with a small group of friends they game with. Changing damage will not influence them.

HazardOOI's Avatar


HazardOOI
04.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #9
I find it a little funny no one has pointed this out yet: he's suggesting nerfs to some classes yet buffs to their mirrors.

Quote:
Jedi Guardian - 5.5% - must be buffed up about for 20% damage
Jedi Sentinel - 7.5% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Jedi Shadow - 5.5% - must be buffed up about for 20% damage
Jedi Sage - 6% - OK
Gunslinger - 4.5% - must be buffed up about for 50% damage
Scoundrel - 3% - must be buffed up about for 120% damage
Commando - 6% - OK
Vanguard - 3% - must be buffed up about for 120% damage
Sith Juggernaut - 8% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Sith maradeur - 8% - must be nerfed down for 20% damage
Sith Assasin - 8.5% - must be nerfed down for 30% damage
Sith Sorcerer - 9.5% - must be nerfed down for 50% damage
Mercenary -9.5% - must be nerfed down for 50% damage
Powertech -4% - must be buffed up about for 50% damage
Operative - 4.5% - must be buffed up about for 40% damage
Sniper - 5% - - must be buffed up about for 30% damage

J-Sheridan's Avatar


J-Sheridan
04.14.2012 , 03:56 PM | #10
This is just stupid beyond belief.

A) Any adjustment to one AC would mandate a change to the mirror AC...
B) Putting in a random percentage increase to damage dosent indicate WHERE your gonna get that damage increase from.

Or are you seriously gonna have a Sniper being able to one-shot someone with the base attack while the Gunslinger needs to hit someone with a whole rotation ?

Fail Statistics to match a Fail Thread.