Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 07:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
That is the fun though right? The devs had given us breadcrumbs to have the tresure hunt and now we learned there may be a lot more maps we have yet to discover!

Besides, the mix of pets is probably to create a tier of rarity and make it available. I am sure on some servers, farming the eggspot for its respawn (which is long) takes up time and to elleviate it, if you are not picky, you can get it froma FP (which still may need to be farmed to even get the drop let alone win it).

Anyhow, it excites me. You shouldn't feel discouraged! Stuff like this is what makes MMOs fun to explore!

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a known reptile pet. Perhaps we can get a baby varactyl? :3
Sort of. I prefer knowing it exists and finding out how to get it over just...stumbling upon it randomly because then I'll stress over something that may not even exist yet. However, the egg spot respawn and flash point ones are different eggs and look different when hatched so... But I was really hoping they'd just be adventuring and exploring--not trying to farm things to get them to drop.

Especially as everytime I've tried to get a group together not for Gargath, some other team comes in and kills him for the new vehicle quest :|

(I believe there was a Tynock (Tiny Mynock) in Beta or at least in the data then. Not that it's come over.)

I'm half tempted to just start going to all the little baby pets I've seen around and just start trying to click them with the NVSCSS and see if it does anything.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

Bootyfett
04.14.2012 , 09:31 AM | #12
Subbed

Forgon
04.14.2012 , 10:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
Sort of. I prefer knowing it exists and finding out how to get it over just...stumbling upon it randomly because then I'll stress over something that may not even exist yet. However, the egg spot respawn and flash point ones are different eggs and look different when hatched so... But I was really hoping they'd just be adventuring and exploring--not trying to farm things to get them to drop.

Especially as everytime I've tried to get a group together not for Gargath, some other team comes in and kills him for the new vehicle quest :|

(I believe there was a Tynock (Tiny Mynock) in Beta or at least in the data then. Not that it's come over.)

I'm half tempted to just start going to all the little baby pets I've seen around and just start trying to click them with the NVSCSS and see if it does anything.
A Mynock would be a cool pet. There are a lot of them I would love to see. Well, unless we get a dev response or somebody's discovery, it is probably best not to pull at straws.

Let us just assume there is several raklings (like orobirds and tauntauns). If so, where do we get them? Taris. Now how do we get them? We need to find out.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 10:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
A Mynock would be a cool pet. There are a lot of them I would love to see. Well, unless we get a dev response or somebody's discovery, it is probably best not to pull at straws.

Let us just assume there is several raklings (like orobirds and tauntauns). If so, where do we get them? Taris. Now how do we get them? We need to find out.
Yeah, definitely. Part of why I didn't include it in the first post.

It would definitely make sense for all 3 to be available considering how its going... Taris is definitely a good place to look, but I wouldn't say just there considering it's only been found from the Lost Island Flashpoint so far (However, the confirmation I got from someone else ALSO got the Midnight so whether the other two can also drop from there is unknown, but considering how the Tauntauns and Orobirds have gone thus far, it's probably Midnight only there).
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

qAsandra
04.14.2012 , 10:33 AM | #15
subbing

Forgon
04.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
Yeah, definitely. Part of why I didn't include it in the first post.

It would definitely make sense for all 3 to be available considering how its going... Taris is definitely a good place to look, but I wouldn't say just there considering it's only been found from the Lost Island Flashpoint so far (However, the confirmation I got from someone else ALSO got the Midnight so whether the other two can also drop from there is unknown, but considering how the Tauntauns and Orobirds have gone thus far, it's probably Midnight only there).
Well, would there be any eggs or something? I told people on my server and my guild and they got excited. We plan to start farming Lost Island now to all try to work at it. I love a community.

Makes sense too since it spreads the rewards around for certain players. Probably if you get one on Taris too, it would be an area where they breed or there would be a research facility (rakling in a test tube?) so I am going to check Taris at some point to see if I can find anything there.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

monkgryphon
04.14.2012 , 10:41 AM | #17
subbed

Goldenstar
04.14.2012 , 11:58 AM | #18
subbing
Vent Rage [vR]

zuile
04.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #19
Ugly little thing, I want one just to stomp on it.
Great and Powerful Trixie best pony.

Arnasdam
04.14.2012 , 12:34 PM | #20
Subbed