Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DIPLOMACY problems in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
DIPLOMACY problems in 1.2

Jerid
04.26.2012 , 01:22 PM | #11
This is as borked up as Underworld trading grade 2 metal missions.

At the risk of sounding nasty, whoever approved this change on the developement team need to go back to remidial develepment school.

You never make changes that affect balance based soley on lore reasons.
These changes should have been back-burnered until they had time to add in enough missions to the diplomacy mission spread so that there are an even amount of mission types (Medical supplies, Comp Gifts) for each tier (Mod, Abun, Bountiful, Rich) on each faction.

The worst part about this is that the exact same type of issue has constantly been reported since Beta about Underworld Trading metals missions and it's still hasn't even been ackowledged as an issue, so there's little reason to exepect the diplomacy missions to be changed any time soon, if at all.

I HATE sounding all "Doom and Gloom" but this is even more frustrating then the UT issue. The UT issue was just a bad desicion from the begining. But I could at least give them a "pass" by using the rationalization that "Well they might not have development time to get the issue fixed." The Diplomacy missions worked fine except for the flavor text attached to the missions. Development time was actualy spent to make the mission line worse.

Umrattawil
04.30.2012 , 08:58 PM | #12
The Grade 4 rich medical supplies missions are hiding over on the Republic side. The following are the Grade 4 Diplomacy missions for both Imperial and Republic factions. The missions unique to Imperial players will be highlighted in orange, Republic in blue. Yay more data.
Quote:
Diplomacy Grade 4 missions (Imperial)
  • LS 710 Abu Gift - Diplomatic Intervention
  • DS 710 Abu Gift - Justify the Means
  • LS 735 Abu Gift - Uncivil War
  • LS 775 Mod Med - Professional Courtesy
  • DS 775 Mod Med - In Bad Faith
  • LS 800 Mod Med - Toe the Line
  • DS 800 Mod Med - Money Troubles
  • LS 850 Abu Med - Bargaining for Freedom
  • DS 850 Abu Med - Court of Public Opinion
  • DS 880 Abu Med - Denial of Service
  • LS 1175 Bou Gift - The Perils of Greed
  • DS 1325 Rich Gift - Tough Love
  • LS 1325 Rich Gift - Strained Alliances
  • LS 1405 Rich Gift - Friends in Low Places
  • DS 1405 Rich Gift - Criminal Interest
  • DS 1410 Bou Med - Forgetful Minds
There are sixteen Grade 4 missions for the Imperials. Half are Gift and the other half are Medical Supplies (4 Moderate, 3 Abundant, 1 Bountiful & 0 Rich).
Quote:
Diplomacy Grade 4 missions (Republic)
  • LS 645 Mod Gift - Sparks Will Fly
  • DS 645 Mod Gift - Ugly Truths
  • LS 665 Mod Gift - On Both Their Houses
  • DS 665 Mod Gift - Marriage of Convenience
  • LS 710 Abu Gift - Diplomatic Intervention
  • DS 710 Abu Gift - Justify the Means
  • LS 735 Abu Gift - Uncivil War
  • LS 850 Abu Med - Bargaining for Freedom
  • DS 850 Abu Med - Court of Public Opinion
  • DS 880 Abu Med - Denial of Service
  • LS 1175 Bou Gift - The Perils of Greed
  • DS 1410 Bou Med - Forgetful Minds
  • LS 1590 Rich Med - The Great Library's Secrets
  • DS 1590 Rich Med - Spark of Secession
  • LS 1685 Rich Med - Dxun's Lost Warriors
  • DS 1685 Rich Med - Stopping the Leaks
There are sixteen missions. Half are Gift missions, half are Medical Supply missions (0 Moderate, 3 Abundant, 1 Bountiful & 4 Rich).

Umrattawil
05.04.2012 , 04:41 PM | #13
I am disapointed that this problem has not been addressed yet. Is it game breaking, no. I did however enjoy establishing a niche market. That part of the game is lost to me since 1.2 rolled out. All of the other threads on this topic have been funneled here, but I sense that was done to just bury the problem.

Best of luck to you Biochem crafters. I hope you enjoy leveling Diplomacy again on the opposing faction.

Esproc
06.02.2012 , 02:55 AM | #14
So this explains why I am unable to get any worthwhile missions for level 4 Medical Missions in Diplomacy.

What was BW thinking? Helping the other faction, to do what, beat me down?

Is this a sad plan to open up trade between the factions? By forcing people to have to rely on the opposing faction because you just can not get the materials you need to craft a bloody item.

Seems like a real fool hardy move considering the server situation and the lack of population or the complete unbalanced populations that will never get a chance to trade even if they were forced into it.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

Heezdedjim
06.02.2012 , 12:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerid View Post
This is as borked up as Underworld trading grade 2 metal missions.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sorry to see that another mission skill has been "fixed" to be every bit as annoying as UT. They really, really need to fix this now, and by now I don't mean "sometime in August when 1.3 comes out, if ever." It's making crafting extremely annoying, and nearly impossible to do on a regular basis. As others have noted, and as the extensive test results posted here show, this is not just a "bad run of luck" from a few people QQ'ing on forums. The fact that there is nothing to be had on GTN means nobody is getting this stuff. The mission mixes and number of missions available is just badly screwed now for several skills, the worst of which are UT and Diplomacy. There also seem to be a lot of reports now that crit chances are borked on all the gathering skills, since the supply of purple mats has dropped to near zero in some categories, and they have dried up on GTN as well.

Something is broken, and it needs a fix, now. And the parameters for how many missions of each type are shown in the mission UI just needs to be raised flat out; that shouldn't require any major changes to the UI, and there is no reason it can't be done right away rather than waiting for the next major release.

Umrattawil
06.26.2012 , 02:53 PM | #16
The separation of medical supply missions to each faction based on flavor text is still a problem in 1.3

slapcin
07.02.2012 , 05:53 PM | #17
Still not working ..... no rich med missions rank 3 Rep side 1.3....

slapcin
11.03.2012 , 06:54 AM | #18
Are you going to fix this or what? the servers are dead we can not get the matz on the Rep side unless some one puts up a lvl 165 mission.......

JacksonMo
11.03.2012 , 08:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by slapcin View Post
Are you going to fix this or what? the servers are dead we can not get the matz on the Rep side unless some one puts up a lvl 165 mission.......
Are you just coming back after leaving for 6 months?
Servers aren't dead, and I leveled a biochem to 400 crafting my own stims and med-packs all the way to 50.
This thread should have been locked months ago.

slapcin
12.06.2012 , 05:29 PM | #20
no its still broke and they now it is this on a list for fixing...

Grade 3 Diplomacy Missions (Imperial)

LS 390 Mod Gift - Blind Hatred
DS 390 Mod Gift - Making a Change
DS 425 Mod Gift - Backbiting
LS 425 Mod Gift - Reconciliation
DS 575 Abu Med - Stellar Summits
LS 575 Abu Med - A Line in the Sands
DS 780 Bou Gift - Boardroom Hostility
LS 780 Bou Gift - Trust No One

this is the problem imp only! All rich MED missions are Imp only......
LS 1045 Rich Med - Quiet, Please
DS 1045 Rich Med - Share and Share Alike
DS 1115 Rich Med - Broken Promises
LS 1115 Rich Med - After Hours

Grade 2 Diplomacy missions (Republic)

DS 220 Mod Gift - Lifeblood of the Galaxy
DS 230 Mod Gift - Tug of War
LS 265 Mod Med - Artificial Curiosity
LS 275 Mod Med - A Wanderer's Gifts
LS 285 Abu Gift - An Unjust Sentence
DS 340 Abu Med - See, Hear, Speak

And this Rep only all rich med missions
LS 640 Rich Med - Just Remember Everyone's Name
DS 640 Rich Med - Under the Table
LS 670 Rich Med - Bound by Trade
DS 670 Rich Med - Personal Space

There's more but some people seem not to understand how this works.... both sides should have 2 each